Not open for further replies.

Ryedan

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 31, 2012
Ontario, Canada
:)

You (and other vapers with your knowledge and experience) can go all the way up to kilowatts and I won't be concerned. Well, maybe just a little concerned. ;) I've learned a lot from you guys and I'm still learning--every day.

But I also see threads like this one in New Members forum and that makes me very, very nervous. Again--I'm posting this link not to make fun of anyone--but as a warning. I can only hope the OP has learned something from our responses and I hope he's OK.

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/new-members-forum/615431-passthrough-battery-mods.html

Well, I seriously doubt I'll be in kilowatt territory anytime soon, but thank you Katya. I know I have certainly learned tons from you and from everyone else who has posted in this thread.

Yes, the threads like the one you linked to are scary and IMO that one was handled superbly by all :thumb:. Everyone stayed on track and gave very good and accurate information without putting him down. After that it's up to the person to accept the advice or not.

A year or two back I came across one like that. I responded too aggressively and the poster never came back. I regretted that, decided I was not going to do that again and I think I've succeeded so far (as best I can tell). It's working for me :)

Ryedan

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 31, 2012
Ontario, Canada
Well I bought an ipv2 for my mutation X and it's sitting at 50w with a .3ohm build and woah man its so very yummy the reason I like high wattage is because I like big macro coils with 24g gplat but it takes a lot of power to get them going I built a dual 12 wrap on a 1/8 drill bit for my buddy but he doesn't have anything powerful enough to really heat it up so big fat coils at 200w wouldn't necessarily be high amperage just high wattage

Great to hear the ipv2 is working out for you. I got a Mutation X a month or so back and I really like it. I'm usually on my Reo Grand, but this is my second favorite now. I really appreciate that I can go down to 6 air holes for great flavor and open up the air for maximum vapor if I want to. The deep deck is also really nice :)

I think about the most you can get from one 30 amp battery is around 100 watts. If that's correct 200 watts would need two 30A batteries. That's staying within the continuous amp draw of the batteries which is the safe way to go.

Dual 12 wrap on a 1/8 drill bit sounds really low resistance so be careful if you want to try that on a mech mod :thumb:

Froth

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 1, 2014
Chipotle.
Firstly, I want to say I'm happy to see this took a turn for the better and second Katya I truly appreciate your response.

Secondly, I feel I should address this portion of your post specifically.
As you know, our e-liquids reach their boiling points at around 332-340 deg Fahrenheit--and that won't change with increased wattage, no matter what we do. So what's the point? Throwing 100, 200 or 400 watts at a tiny coil will not give you a different result--but will decrease battery life and waste a ton of juice--even if it can be done safely
The point is simple, finding the best possible vape experience there is. I vape at over 100W every single day and I've been doing it for over six months. None of my juices burn, my devices don't explode, my lungs nor mouth have never once been scorched or even been close to it, it is about achieving a balance of both airflow and coil heat so that the coil temperature does not go over the optimal juice vaporization temperature. The hotter the coil the more airflow it MUST have or the vape gets too hot plain and simple, all of my devices have at least two 1/8" air holes and I do direct deep sharp lung inhales that pull A LOT of air on to the coils to keep them cool, this lets more juice be vaporized faster which makes incredibly rich thick flavorful dense vapor and unless you've truly experienced a very well set up high wattage device with an open mind you will probably never get it.

Fictitious Character

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 24, 2014
USA
If you're looking for ultimate power, the VBX triple 26650 mechanical competition box is what you're after. Depending on your batteries and coil build, it can push well over 400watts. Parallel batteries are the only real way to push huge power IMO since the load is split over each cell. The more cells in parallel, the more amps you can push.

Triple 26650 VBX Box Mods - VBX Competition Model | VosVape Dual 26650, Triple 1850 & Dual 18500 Box Mods

Edit: If you don't want to be carrying that huge thing around, they also offer a triple 18650 box in a much more reasonable size, they have pushed them to the limits as well. They advertise right on the site it is capable of chain vaping a .04 build. That's 441watts at 4.2v
Those are some serious boxes, thanks for the link. I have the ipv3 and it is more than enough for my purposes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread