Sigelei 150w Box Mod

Status
Not open for further replies.

Coupon78

Oct 6, 2014
Tampa Florida
That was the first thing I checked, it is definitely connecting with the pin I can feel it pushing down the spring. I even adjusted the 510 on the plume out to make a better connection and still nothing.

I thought about this too but afaik it has a different code for the resistance being too low. Regardless I rebuilt my rda to .5 and it still wouldn't read it.
I'm at a loss at this point. What about other attys? Is that the only one that won't read? Have you tried any others? At this point I might contact sigelei and ask for any suggestions. Very strange. Good luck to you, hope you get a solution.

getbent

Feb 7, 2013
Florida
I'm at a loss at this point. What about other attys? Is that the only one that won't read? Have you tried any others? At this point I might contact sigelei and ask for any suggestions. Very strange. Good luck to you, hope you get a solution.

haha it's okay me too. Yeah I tried my friends magma and it won't read that either. Luckily the vendor I got it from has excellent customer service and they already sent me a return stamp to send it back to them so they can send me out a new one (that hopefully works)

ThunderDan

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 15, 2014
MD
how long does the backlight stay on for you guys once you release the fire button? Mine usually turned off just a few seconds afterwards now all the sudden it is staying on for almost a full minute. Is this normal? Is there a way to change how long the backlight stays on for?

I just timed mine with a stop watch, it was exactly one minute before turning off.

Whether that is normal, I do not know, but ours are behaving the same.

ruckus226

Feb 24, 2015
monroe mi
i just picked up a blue oni edition 150 watt box today and i love it. It is night and day over my previous cloupor t6 and it even fires better than my vaporshark rDNA 40 for some reason even at the same wattage the ramp up time is considerably low. My only complaint so far is the button rattles if i pick it up fast or shake it but it does do what it needs to do. I can see I will be scratching up the top as well. so like previously mentioned I wonder if i can put a fat daddy 22mm on top of it after the 90 day warranty is up.

JeremyR

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Dec 29, 2012
Oregon, IL
I finally caved on getting a large dual battery mod after getting annoyed swapping batteries on my ipv2x 2-3 times a day, so enter SIGELEI 150W.

Even though it isn't as feature rich as the ipv3 I went with this mainly because of the magnet door.

3pOzTmS.jpg

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Hey dan, so instead off changing the batteries 2-3 times a day. How long does the sigelei last you now? .. Two days?

Long time sigelei zmax user, I went from changing 2-3 times a day to once a day with stacked 800 mah 18350's. I figure the series/stacked 18650 should be at least twice as long, 2 days, or more depending on the batteries..

Last edited:

ThunderDan

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 15, 2014
MD
Hey dan, so instead off changing the batteries 2-3 times a day. How long does the sigelei last you now? .. Two days?

Long time sigelei zmax user, I went from changing 2-3 times a day to once a day with stacked 800 mah 18350's. I figure the series/stacked 18650 should be at least twice as long, 2 days, or more depending on the batteries..

Depends on the wattage I use really, but if I wanted to drain them down all the way easily two days. The other day I used the sig150w all day with a RDA at 75w and at the end of the day I was still at 51%. That was with new VTC4s, I get a bit better battery using 25Rs, more mah.

ThunderDan

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 15, 2014
MD
So if you were running that wattage with a single 18650 how would it compare. If 2-3 singles got you a day and now with two only 50% after a day. Would you say that the series batteries are lasting you 4 times longer than single battery mod?

On my single 18650 mod, ipv2x, at 60w I would have to swap batteries at least once, so two 18650s, sometimes 3 if I was vaping more frequently.

I don't know about 4 times the battery, but to me it does seem like I get better battery life out of them being in series. I don't use it 100% of the time, still like my mechs, but I put fresh batteries in on Tuesday and I'm still at 62% with frequent use.

From what I've noticed the battery drains more quickly as the battery level lowers, under 50% it drains more quickly than when near full. Kind of like how the gas gauge in a car stays on full longer then toward the end of the tank it goes down faster. That is just what it seems like to me, but it may just be in my head.

Reactions: LungCandy101

JeremyR

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Dec 29, 2012
Oregon, IL
Thanks... I'm trying to figure something technical out. If you get to where you can run it dead and then compare to what the ipvs battery use would be at the same wattage... I would be interested to know what you find....

You did say you thought it would go 2 days, if so the ipv would have used 4 batteries right... Thanks.

ThunderDan

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 15, 2014
MD
Thanks... I'm trying to figure something technical out. If you get to where you can run it dead and then compare to what the ipvs battery use would be at the same wattage... I would be interested to know what you find....

You did say you thought it would go 2 days, if so the ipv would have used 4 batteries right... Thanks.

True, I can do more testing over the weekend at the same wattage and resistance to do a more direct comparison between single 18650 sx330v2(ipv2x), and dual series 18650 sx330v3(sig150).

I tend to think I get better battery life out of the sx330 v3 bucking the 18650s in series vs the sx330 v2 boosting a single 18650, but I don't have any conclusive evidence of that yet.

Bman123

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 16, 2014
Akron Ohio
I picked up a used sigelei 100 watt, not the plus nor the v2 about a week ago. So far i really like the mod, the only thing i dont like is the 510 connector not being spring loaded and the battery life fluctuated all over the place.

Someone needed a box mod and i sold the 100 watt to them with my 2 e fest batteries and 30ml of juice for $100. I ordered the sigelei 150 watt tonight for $95 shipped and 2 samsung 25r batteries for $13 shipped.

I'm pretty excited to get this box mod, 100 watts wasn't enough for me so I'm hoping this will be enough

JeremyR

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Dec 29, 2012
Oregon, IL
True, I can do more testing over the weekend at the same wattage and resistance to do a more direct comparison between single 18650 sx330v2(ipv2x), and dual series 18650 sx330v3(sig150).

I tend to think I get better battery life out of the sx330 v3 bucking the 18650s in series vs the sx330 v2 boosting a single 18650, but I don't have any conclusive evidence of that yet.

That would be awesome man. I've got quite a debate going on for a long time, were people say it will only last as long as 2 18650, which from my experience it's much, much longer.

ThunderDan

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 15, 2014
MD
That would be awesome man. I've got quite a debate going on for a long time, were people say it will only last as long as 2 18650, which from my experience it's much, much longer.

I realized why I thought I was getting more battery out of the sig150, yes, the two batteries, but the meter drains the battery down lower than I was expecting. Normally on the sx330 v2 mod I would swap batteries around 3.6v, on the sx330v3 mod when its around 50% the batteries were around 3.6v. So two battery swaps, or running two batteries to 3.6v seems about the same to me. Boring update I know, sorry.

JeremyR

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Dec 29, 2012
Oregon, IL
Yeah i understand... but what I find as the major difference is that with series batteries there is no fade at 3.6 like single batteries, so they can be run down to 3.2 with no noticable fade. So you end up with more usable battery life. Which I still consider longer life, longer usable life. Reason being when in series and an input voltage of 8v the amp load will be half as much as a 4v input. (Ohms law).. Look forward to any other updates you find.

dingo1799

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 16, 2012
IL
Bump with question....
Has anyone found asafe way to clean rhe copper contacts on the Sig150w? I have noticed mine are not looking shiny/patina-ed now...

I noticed same. I used an old gunsmith trick, some simichrome Polish, flitz, mothers, or what have you, take a toothpick put it in a chuck of a Dremel tool (might not work unless you have a drill type adjustable chuck for your Dremel tool) It'll polish the copper to mirror finish and removing next to no metal. Genuine qtip swab shafts work well too(they're paper) just make sure you get real j&j qtips, a lot of the generic ones have plastic shafts!

jarreddizzle

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 2, 2013
Oxnard, CA, USA
I noticed same. I used an old gunsmith trick, some simichrome Polish, flitz, mothers, or what have you, take a toothpick put it in a chuck of a Dremel tool (might not work unless you have a drill type adjustable chuck for your Dremel tool) It'll polish the copper to mirror finish and removing next to no metal. Genuine qtip swab shafts work well too(they're paper) just make sure you get real j&j qtips, a lot of the generic ones have plastic shafts!
Yeah i was thinking about using a small amount of a cape cod cloth and doing small swirls. I know ots a adjustable vw mod, but did you notice any difference afterwards?

Cybernated

ECF Veteran
Jun 9, 2014
Denver
I'm thinking about picking one up, for those of you that have them is the size a limiter to being an all day carry mod? I have seen posts about putting it in a Jacket pocket, but with Summer coming around how big is the size really? For reference currently I am using a Hana V3 Dna 30 box. Pictures make the 150 look huge but I know that can be deceiving.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread