hii, i'm new here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm 24; I've been smoking on and off since I was about 11. I pretty much smoked a pack a day, sometimes more. I've quit a couple times, cold turkey, which generally lasted for about six months to a year until one day I would be around all my friends who were smoking and I'd decide to start smoking again.
I decided to try e-cigs because of my boyfriend. He is a nonsmoker and is constantly complaining about the smell and taste of the cigarettes. Even if I don't smoke for a day or two before I go see him, the tar and junk is still in my lungs and he can still notice it. So I wanted to try this alternative to smoking.
Three days ago I went to the local pipe shop and bought a Cig 2 o; after looking it up on this forum it's apparently the same thing as a kr808d something or other.. I was a bit skeptical, doubting that the experience of a vaporizer would compare to the experience of smoking a cigarette. But it's actually better in some ways. Less harsh, and I like not having to use a lighter or ashtray or having the risk of burning my house down. The menthol flavor that came with it kind of tastes like toothpaste so that's a bit weird. I ordered some other flavors, I hope they get here soon.
Anyway, so far I went for 2 and a half days without smoking a cigarette!! And I was able to use my vaporizer in a hotel, and a restaurant, and a mall with no problems, which was awesome. Plus my nonsmoking boyfriend who hates cigarettes and used to get super annoyed if I'd light up in his presence, even told me that he doesn't mind me using my vaporizer in his apartment! I was vaping in his bed last night and he didn't care! Sweet freedom! I think this thing pretty much saved my relationship. We've been together for about a year and a half and he's always saying how awesome I am and that I'm so sweet and pretty and better than any other girl ever, but that the smoking is kind of a deal-breaker for him. So I always kind of figured he'd break up with me when he has to move away for residency next year (he's in med school).. but now.. who knows? Maybe we get married and haz ten kids! Whatever happens with us it's not going to be a decision based on how much he hates my smoking. So that's pretty amazing.
Also.. this forum is awesome. I'm glad I found it. And the chat.. those people are pretty nice.

Nunnster

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 16, 2011
Tampa, Florida
Welcome to ECF and the world of vaping, and congrats on being smoke free for a few days! When and if you feel like the ecig you have dont work for you anymore, don't give up and reach out to here and ask for help. I got very frustrated at the battery life of my first two ecigs I bought, and reached out and got a lot of help. Been smoke free for a few weeks now and I feel great.

dordas23: LMAO that's so funny that you mentioned the bathroom , Im the type of person who doesn't like confrontation so I was really nervous to use my PV in public places .... So the first place I really used it while I was out was the bathroom in Walmart ....

Congratulations on the switch! And I agree 100 percent , the forum is awesome , without the wonderful people here I probably never would have made the switch

Last edited:

dormouse

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 31, 2010
Pennsylvania
Yes - KR808D-1 as far as I know. You should be able to use cartos from Vapor4Life, SmokelessImage, Bloogplanet, Halocigs G6

The Vapor4Life WOW cartos are hot (I use a plastic drip tip as a mouthpiece) and give stronger hit. The Bloogplanet ones (I think SMokelessImage ones should be the same) seem cooler because their coil is at the threaded end of the stuffing but they seem to give a bigger drag (and use juice faster) and seem to be a bit let likely to leak. I use thin clear juices, PG with 20% or less VG (and a couple of Vapor4Life WOW juices which are thin and so far pretty clear), and I avoid ones that leave a lot of flavoring sediment behind (clogs a carto). I can get 7+ days good use out of a KR8 carto but you do need to keep them damp, else you get the singed bitter taste and that won't go away.

If you have automatic batteries, then I recommend you buy a sealed manual as a spare (the Vapor4Life ones seem to be sealed inside and you can drag up to 10 second before cutoff, and the button size is normal. The SmokelessImage ones are clearly totally sealed on the threaded end, have a shorter 5-second cutoff and a tiny partially recessed button but a bit more charge for the same size)

Last edited:

calico21

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 2, 2011
next to a corn field,IL
Welcome to both of you! Kr808's are a good starting choice for most, and for me I like it the best. Use it everyday. I use ce2 clearomizers, the flavor and vapor is great imo,(no burning filler) but for some they can be a trial. Good luck live well, vape well!
P.S. Like dormouse said get a manual if you don't have it already, it's very easy to get used to and gives a better 'hit' when you want it, and is more durable in the event of leaks.

Last edited:

coffm0

ECF Veteran
Jul 30, 2010
Texas
Welcome newbies, there is as several mentioned a ton of knowledge here. Please enjoy vaping and your new found health, hopefully quitting analogs totally, I have had 2 cigs in about a 10 months now. I wouldnt go back to smoking unless there is no way to vape, and I certainly dont see that happening. Just dont give up someone here can always give advice.

Thanks everyone!!!
I brought my e cig over to my mom's house. She was a pack a day smoker for about 40 years, and quit smoking using chantix about 2 years ago. She still smokes these 'ecstacy' cigarettes which are basically analogs without tobacco.. it has some other kind of plant junk in it and catnip and a bunch of other weird stuff but no nicotine, and they taste and smell awful. But she still just feels like she needs a smoke every now and then.. so since it's her birthday, I ordered her a starter kit from vapor4life with 0mg nicotine cartomizers, so she can try it. Seems way healthier than these weird cigarettes she smokes, and probably tastes a lot better too. So.. another person 'converted' to vaping.. She hasn't actually tried it yet though, cuz she doesn't want to try mine since it has nicotine..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread