Status
Not open for further replies.

jcamacho

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 1, 2010
Corpus Christi, Texas
See I'm just starting out and already lying in my first post. These are all 5amp switches, the same that madvapes carries, not 3amp switches.

Hey Hog, I've many wood mods and the main problems I've had with them is the switch. How long have you had the switches you're using now? These look very similar to what another wood mod builder was using and he had to abandon these. Just because they're rated at 5 amps, 3 amps, whatever doesn't mean they'll last. The best switch in use now IMO is the one used in the Silver Bullet, a 2 amp switch and no one that I know has complained about those. I have 3 SB's that I've had over a year and they fire up flawlessly each time and look very attractive. Just a head's up for the future in case these start giving you trouble and you start getting complaints. I'm looking forward to trying out your mod.:vapor:

BiancaMontgomery

SQUIRREL!
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 27, 2010
North Carolina
Yup, it should not leak. Just hold it up-right, push the bottle and when you see juice start to come out of the atty connector, let go.

Sir, I have a feeling that these will ALL sell as soon as you post them. They look great, 6ml, 18650 battery, easy feed, and a VERY reasonable price. You are made of win.

Hogwart

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jun 21, 2010
Granite Bay, CA
Hey Hog, I've many wood mods and the main problems I've had with them is the switch. How long have you had the switches you're using now? These look very similar to what another wood mod builder was using and he had to abandon these. Just because they're rated at 5 amps, 3 amps, whatever doesn't mean they'll last. The best switch in use now IMO is the one used in the Silver Bullet, a 2 amp switch and no one that I know has complained about those. I have 3 SB's that I've had over a year and they fire up flawlessly each time and look very attractive. Just a head's up for the future in case these start giving you trouble and you start getting complaints. I'm looking forward to trying out your mod.:vapor:

Thank you for the heads up on the switches. Honestly I do not know how well they hold up. The ones I have been using are purchased from madvapes. If anyone knows how good (or bad) these switches are, please let me know.

I'm open to all kinds of suggestions here. I started making the mods because I really didnt have enough cash to go purchase one of the nice wood mods that are out there, and I'm sure there are quite a few people out there that are in the same boat that I am. What I learned is that I can make a fairly decent mod myself and I think I will get much better at it as time goes on.

Now, I am not a carpenter or electrition by trade so alot of this is still new to me. If anyone has any input as to what finishes hold up best against PG/VG, or any links to better buttons or LEDS or anything of that nature, PLEASE feel free to let me know. I welcome all criticism and/or suggestions.
These will be your mods and should be happy with the quality of the parts used to make them. Just keep in mind that I am trying to keep the end cost of the mod down so that I can offer the lower prices for the wood mods. But I do want to offer a quality product.

Once agian, these will be your mods. If you have a link to any parts that you know hold up well or anything else you would like to see in these mods, let me know.

Hogwart

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jun 21, 2010
Granite Bay, CA
So if I start a list how should it be done? I dont really have a huge supply of parts or wood yet to start offering a bunch of options (ah the curse of being broke) so I'm just using whats on hand.
I was just going to post the mods one at a time so everyone could see what the were offering to purchase.
I dont know how other suppliers lists go. When they have a mod made is that just the one the next person on the list gets?
Or do I just keep going down the list in order untill someone says they want the mod that is available?

trouble2k

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 14, 2010
Billings, MT
When they have a mod made is that just the one the next person on the list gets?
Or do I just keep going down the list in order untill someone says they want the mod that is available?

Just my $.02...You're just starting out. Most of us probably aren't as concerned about the *exact* type of wood or color. I don't know about anyone else, but if one of your mods comes up, and we're next in line--chances are, we will grab it.

We want to see how functional it is:) Can it sustain the type of vaping we are accustomed to?

BiancaMontgomery

SQUIRREL!
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 27, 2010
North Carolina
That's going to be a lot of PMing and waiting for yes or no, and if no, more pming and waiting. You might want to keep doing it like you are (post pic, price, description) and 1st PM gets it until you get a better idea of what will be offered on a regular basis or are ready to offer cusomizable wood types/led/switches/whatever (unless someone says to you, "I just want one, doesn't matter what wood etc.)...just my thoughts.

Drottwiler

Old Timer
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 20, 2010
Drott's Dog House
HG thats a good question.Some of the collectors will take what ever you have.To be the proud owners of the first made.Others will probably not be to picky on the wood because the price is great,and it might be their first wood mod.As long as the quality is good.I think after you get up and rolling.you could think of offering wood choices.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread