Holding the same output.. Are VV's the only ones that can do it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Butters78

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2012
San Antonio, Texas, United States
One of the selling points I see with the VV's is that some push the same voltage no matter what level the battery is at. Same vaping experience from beginning to end. It was one of the main selling points of the LT to me. Now unfortunately I've read that this is not the case wit the LT. So part of me is considering just upgrading to the Provari later on. Gotta save up of course. My son is special needs so my wife stays home and I'm providing the only source of income, etc etc. Anyways are there any neat box mods that hold a good 3.7 or perhaps 4.2-3 throughout the battery's charge or only VV's are capable?

Last edited:

cskent

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 24, 2010
Ohio
Madvapes sells a couple of VV and 5 volt regulated boxmods. I've got one of the VV boxes and it holds the set voltage from fully charged until it's almost ready to die. I can tell when my batteries are about to conk out because the vapor gets a bit weak, then about 5 minutes later I'll get no vapor at all. Other than that it's the same experience from fully charged until the end.

Butters78

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2012
Madvapes sells a couple of VV and 5 volt regulated boxmods. I've got one of the VV boxes and it holds the set voltage from fully charged until it's almost ready to die. I can tell when my batteries are about to conk out because the vapor gets a bit weak, then about 5 minutes later I'll get no vapor at all. Other than that it's the same experience from fully charged until the end.

That's great boss! I'll check out the site.

Butters78

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2012
The Madvapes VV box is a great little mod for the price - I use on as a daily device. But, being plastic, they are a bit on the flimsy side.

Have you looked at the mid-range VV devices - above the Lavatube but below a ProVari - like the Buzz Pro and the Infinity Pro?

I have and I like them except for the fact they dont have the volt read out.. but I can allways buy a meter of course. One thing I like about them is the fact they don't control you. If I want to bust out a 1.5 ohm at 6 volts I can!! Haha

six

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 17, 2011
under the blue sky
I have and I like them except for the fact they dont have the volt read out.. but I can allways buy a meter of course. One thing I like about them is the fact they don't control you. If I want to bust out a 1.5 ohm at 6 volts I can!! Haha

The wheel on the buzz and infinity are color coded so you shouldn't really need a voltmeter. And, they top out at 5.6v I think - 15 watt maximum output so ~4.8v is about as far as you can go with 1.5 ohm with a notcigs VV device.

Butters78

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2012
The wheel on the buzz and infinity are color coded so you shouldn't really need a voltmeter. And, they top out at 5.6v I think - 15 watt maximum output so ~4.8v is about as far as you can go with 1.5 ohm with a notcigs VV device.

I had no idea they were coded. I figured it was hit or miss.. great info, thank you!

Dougiestyle

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 5, 2011
Knoxville, TN USA
With the VV boxmods I've built using Madvapes VV circuit, I learned where the voltage is on the knob with a multimeter. Really, though, I don't use the voltage per se, but rather set the voltage where it's most satisfying. Most times, my voltage was somewhere near 4.2-4.5volts usiing 1.5 DC cartos. I should mention that Madvapes VV circuit can pump out voltage past 6volts on DC cartos, but I never went that high, as in would ruin the flavor IMO.

If you're handy, and have some free time, some glue, solder and a few pieces of material, you could build your own VV and save alot of money. You have something to be proud of when you're done, as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread