Not open for further replies.

rolygate

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 24, 2009
ECF Towers
Firstly, you need to understand that it is all about money and nothing else is relevant. Certainly, the loss of thousands of lives does not matter unless those people are voters and make a huge amount of noise.

Secondly, the mechanism of the money flow: governments make a lot of money from tobacco tax revenue and the pharmaceutical industry. What those corporations want, they get - and what you say about it does not count.

Thirdly, some government departments are in effect controlled by the pharmaceutical industry. This applies to the health departments, and specifically to agencies within them that deal with medical licensing. This is for two reasons:
1. They are funded in several ways (directly, indirectly, and personally) by pharma;
2. The same people work for both: (a) they have a revolving-door staff policy, and (b) a government employee can be offered a high-pay job to be taken up at a later date.

In short, the system is totally corrupt.

Large-scale loss of life does not matter as long as the money keeps flowing. You need to learn this first. Once you have appreciated this, it becomes obvious why these decisions are made: instead of public health being the #1 factor, instead the driving force is to protect the income of the big players and keep certain people employed.

There are too few e-cigarette users and they do not complain or do anything to protect their rights. They go like lambs to the slaughter. If you want something done about it, you need to go and sit on the top guy's doorstep and don't leave until there is enough media coverage of the corruption that it becomes embarrassing enough that someone makes concessions to you. Otherwise expect to get shafted.

Option #2 is to expend a large amount of money in the high court, of course.

wfx

ECF Veteran
Nov 23, 2011
VA
Firstly, you need to understand that it is all about money and nothing else is relevant. Certainly, the loss of thousands of lives does not matter unless those people are voters and make a huge amount of noise.

Secondly, the mechanism of the money flow: governments make a lot of money from tobacco tax revenue and the pharmaceutical industry. What those corporations want, they get - and what you say about it does not count.

Thirdly, some government departments are in effect controlled by the pharmaceutical industry. This applies to the health departments, and specifically to agencies within them that deal with medical licensing. This is for two reasons:
1. They are funded in several ways (directly, indirectly, and personally) by pharma;
2. The same people work for both: (a) they have a revolving-door staff policy, and (b) a government employee can be offered a high-pay job to be taken up at a later date.

In short, the system is totally corrupt.

Large-scale loss of life does not matter as long as the money keeps flowing. You need to learn this first. Once you have appreciated this, it becomes obvious why these decisions are made: instead of public health being the #1 factor, instead the driving force is to protect the income of the big players and keep certain people employed.

There are too few e-cigarette users and they do not complain or do anything to protect their rights. They go like lambs to the slaughter. If you want something done about it, you need to go and sit on the top guy's doorstep and don't leave until there is enough media coverage of the corruption that it becomes embarrassing enough that someone makes concessions to you. Otherwise expect to get shafted.

Option #2 is to expend a large amount of money in the high court, of course.

sad but true. it's called regulatory capture. and it's not limited to health regulation.

martinc

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 12, 2011
Montreal,Quebec,Canada
That and the fact that all have been taken by surprise with the popularity of "e-cigs" thus had no time to rig a tax scheme to it.

Banning them ( I so bet its just momentary) will give them time to give birth to that scheme,divide the pie between the offended parties (gov/pharma/cig manufs) then unban them.

Mark my words.

It will be nice and informative (although very vague and full of technical mumbo-jumbo as well as paper filling words and sentences) and of course,some regulations.

Gotta save face after all.

The netherlands is run by the right wing now, and you can tell, so whoever wisecracked about crazy leftwingers had it wrong. it is the opposite. coffeeshops cannot sell products to foreigners anymore (law is already passed, transition period is in effect, everyone is stalling, we shall see..), and now this.

oh holland, what has become of you!

what happened to your pragmatic approach to harm-reduction?
where is the polder system now?
with no major elections for the next few years, voting will not help.
Ik huil voor jou, Holland!

mg7454

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 4, 2011
ROFL
It is not going to be illegal, it will be regulated and can only be purchased by government controlled and approved suppliers.
I wonder if atomizers etc. will also be controlled...Really I don't see them opening up all packages that come from abroad, so I am not to worried as an end consumer, it is the suppliers that will feel it and also to bring it to market to the general public will become a different story.

Unfortunately,
I have seen E-cig & E-liquid sites that no longer ship outside of the USA.
Because of these kinds of bans/controls shipments are seized.
Bad for the consumer & sellers!​

emonty

Flavor Junky
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 15, 2009
the Netherlands
I have friends outside Holland who will send me anything I need.
Yes is it very sad, I wish I had the connections and the time to do something about it, but I am sure the current retailers will make a fist and I will join them as much as I can. the point is that the whole of Europa will most likely go this path, so an international opposition is needed!

Sophora

Nov 7, 2011
Netherlands
I guess the gloves are off in Germany now. The City of Hannover, Germany has banned the use of esigs in Hannover's City Hall, both visitors and employees
are no longer allowed to use esigs.
Media (mewspapers and TV) are already all over the place, misinforming the public about the safety of esigs and nicotine.

Allthough, this could be a good thing, one minister declares esigs being a medicin and a city counsil denying people the use of their medicin.
Like to see them explain that twist.

GRATI

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 1, 2011
ORANGE COUNTY-CA
When I was in Holland, the "cafe" shops had drugs on the menu...even Hard Rock Cafe. Not to mention their "policy" on window shopping!
"........ remains a controlled substance in the Netherlands and both possession and production for personal use are still misdemeanors, punishable by fines. Coffee shops are also technically illegal but are flourishing nonetheless. However, a policy of non-enforcement has led to a situation where reliance upon non-enforcement has become common, and because of this the courts have ruled against the government when individual cases were prosecuted."
Anyhow, ban on e-cigarettes it's just plain stupid.

bikertrash

Oct 29, 2011
NC
We had read an article regarding several foreign countries that found that encouraging the 'loyal citizens' to stop smoking, only increased the burden on their socialized medical community. ie... if they live longer, that's gonna be a REAL PROBLEM! Better not allow healthier or even harmless alternatives......

Don't just brush this comment off... It may come to a theater near you...

If we all live to ripe old ages, 'our' entire social system financially will collapse!

You hate to think the ...... that we 'allow' to rule us would do such a thing.. Wanna bet? Why Not?

Its a nice perfect world, huh.... Can you say, Obamacare? Lets let our powers to be make medical decisions for us.

or, Smile, it's all gooood....

Its a theory.... if you believe it, I guess you're just a conspiracy whacko.

BT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread