Hoogie, The cats out of the bag

Status
Not open for further replies.

hoogie76

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Aug 1, 2009
Charlotte, NC
It is limited with the size of carto that will fit but most of the standard sizes will fit with no problems.. The bigger ones won't work on this version.

gristle- we can print about 20 a day as it's composed of 5 actual parts.

asdaq-- yes, they can be sanded but being abs plastic, if you go too fast (belt sander), they tend to melt kind of instead of sand..

Gristle

ECF Veteran
May 13, 2011
Kentucky
It is limited with the size of carto that will fit but most of the standard sizes will fit with no problems.. The bigger ones won't work on this version.

gristle- we can print about 20 a day as it's composed of 5 actual parts.

asdaq-- yes, they can be sanded but being abs plastic, if you go too fast (belt sander), they tend to melt kind of instead of sand..

What model of ABS printer do you have?

hoogie76

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Aug 1, 2009
Charlotte, NC
We have 2, an UP! which is okay but is single head and requires frequent calibration due to a wobbly platform (only 1 mount point) and a BFB3000 which has 2 print heads (1 for support material and 1 for actual material) and is a more stable but a bit slower. BFB was just bought out by 3d Systems so it will be exciting to see what they do with the printer other than raise the price :(

hoog

hairball

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 17, 2010
Other Places
Will this fit the Giantomizers or the vape-O-Matic Liquinator?

I can see the liquinator being used on it with an extension...the extention would lift it up enough to not interfere with the switch...giantomizers I suppose would work with an extension as well but both of these defeats the purpose of a stealth type mod.

Hoogie, please keep us posted on an ETA.

hoogie76

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Aug 1, 2009
Charlotte, NC
The update on the painfully slow progress of these is that they are still in the works :)

3-d printer was great for prototyping but not fast enough to produce what we needed and there was a little bit of an accuracy problem with the bottom caps.. So we had the product re-drawn and are currently working to have a mold made for injection molding. It's a long a tedious process but once complete (3-5 more works supposedly) we should be able to pump out the 18350 version and an 18650 version..

As far as atties and adapter, they will absolutely work but once you screw an adapter or extension into the recessed connector and want to change it, it's a bit of a challenge to get them out. Long needle nose and tweezers will work but still a bit more hassle than required..

We did get some great sla prototypes from a company and use them daily but they again were more for proof of concept and that they could be injection molded..

Will update when there is something cool to show..

hoog

Last edited:

MASTER0FDAMPF

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 22, 2011
Philly
The update on the painfully slow progress of these is that they are still in the works :)

3-d printer was great for prototyping but not fast enough to produce what we needed and there was a little bit of an accuracy problem with the bottom caps.. So we had the product re-drawn and are currently working to have a mold made for injection molding. It's a long a tedious process but once complete (3-5 more works supposedly) we should be able to pump out the 18350 version and an 18650 version..

As far as atties and adapter, they will absolutely work but once you screw an adapter or extension into the recessed connector and want to change it, it's a bit of a challenge to get them out. Long needle nose and tweezers will work but still a bit more hassle than required..

We did get some great sla prototypes from a company and use them daily but they again were more for proof of concept and that they could be injection molded..

hoog

If you need a beta tester for any of the revisions...you have my address! (Send a pm if you don't feel like looking it up and I will straighten that out ASAP!)

StotheK

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Apr 1, 2011
Knoxville
www.stevevape.com
As always I continue to watch developments with great interest :) There's been quite a few "mods for the people" released to market, but most of them leave a little something to be desired.

hoog

kodykills

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 23, 2009
Mt.Carmel, Ill
excellent to know and will keep it in mind.. thanks. hoog

no problem, just message me your specs you need. Ill trade it for juice, cartos, and batts lol. Do you dry your material beforehand? ABS holds a lot of moisture which can cause splayed molds, brittleness, ect..

Brew1961

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 16, 2011
Noblesville, IN
Very interested in this mod for the same reason you mentioned Hoog. I typically use a Reo grand for the places I go that really don't care what I'm doing with my large box mod. I had been using a Reo mini for stealth but with an atty and drip tip it still garners lots of stares. So lately I've gone with a PS Icon and Boge or DC cartos for a "I know what he's doing" solution that still draws the ire of some antis but alleviates the "what the hell is he smoking" attention. I also really like the added benefit of an additional 100mah of the IMR 18350 over the IMR 14500. Can't wait to see the new IM-process version and you can count on me for at least two in black. Lovin' the DC cartos as well and have a Super sitting here to try. So my guess is this is going to be a perfect discreet solution.

wwturner

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 1, 2011
Catoosa, OK
Hoog, you COULD make a tank-compatible version of this by replacing the side of it that houses the carto tube with a larger tube with holes big enough in the side of it to accomodate the average size of a tank, allowing people to reach the tank with their fingertips to spin it the tank on or off. Sure, it'll take a bigger palm, but people would have to mess with refilling less often.

MASTER0FDAMPF

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 22, 2011
Philly
Hoog, you COULD make a tank-compatible version of this by replacing the side of it that houses the carto tube with a larger tube with holes big enough in the side of it to accomodate the average size of a tank, allowing people to reach the tank with their fingertips to spin it the tank on or off. Sure, it'll take a bigger palm, but people would have to mess with refilling less often.
Or just add an extender to the atty before you screw it in

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread