Status
Not open for further replies.

tnt56

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 30, 2012
Tripple digits half way to home
Ok this is (hopefully) gonna be a thread about two mods that have a lot in common. I'm pleading with the mods to let this remain on topic and the comparison of One (insert name from china, vs this mod insert name from America) not be allowed. I'd like to see a thread that is about two mods that are almost identical. So lets do the Reo Grand VS the Reo mini 2.1. I now am the proud owner of both. I really like and enjoy the feel of the mini 2.1, but the size of the bottle leaves a lot to be desired. I now have to carry 2 of the 3ml bottles while with the Grand I could get away with an all day size. Battery size is no problem because no matter which one I have, I always have at least one extra battery with me. So how about a nice friendly chat about the pluses and minus of both these fine mods. Thanks mods for hopefully keeping this on track. :toast:

tearose50

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 2, 2011
Tennessee :-)
My version 1 prothingy runs like a champ.....and it's well over 2 years old, bought 2nd hand.
My version 2 prothingy runs like a champ.....and it's most likely an upgraded to version 2 model with unknown original age.

The symbol is somewhat faded on version 1.
The symbol is extremely light on version 2.

Neither have any offensive mars or scratches anywhere. I did skin one for fun and as a break from the feel of the chill of metal.

I never found a reason for me to need to upgrade.

(I couldn't resist!)

(I edited out some chatter about other mods, because it could have been interpreted as a battle.)

Last edited:

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Midworld
Pursuant to the topic, I once made the mistake of getting a Sigelei T-Max. After a mere six weeks it vaped EXACTLY like an empty soda or beer can.

On a more serious note, my experience with DNA20's are that they are all basically the same thing, outside of the casings. Which I guess makes sense, huh? No puttin' one over on ME.

tnt56

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 30, 2012
It seems odd to me that MY original post clearly stated that this was suppose to be a Reo Grand vs the Reo 2.1, and NOT ABOUT The devices I've seen listed so far.
It was just going to be a fun thread for the Reonauts to compare the two REO's.
Oh well I guess that was much to ask for. :(

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Midworld
I misread, T, and my apologies for that. I stuck at, "I'd like to see a thread that is about two mods that are almost identical", and was actually wracking my brain trying to come up with some similar to the Reo.

I guess my wife is correct. I don't always pay so good attention. :-(

I guess I'll have to go buy a couple of Reo's now, so I do what you CLEARLY stated in your original thread ;-)

Reonauts, please step up to the plate.

tnt56

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 30, 2012
I misread, T, and my apologies for that. I stuck at, "I'd like to see a thread that is about two mods that are almost identical", and was actually wracking my brain trying to come up with some similar to the Reo.

I guess my wife is correct. I don't always pay so good attention. :-(

I guess I'll have to go buy a couple of Reo's now, so I do what you CLEARLY stated in your original thread ;-)

Reonauts, please step up to the plate.

The hardest part will be trying to decide what color combinations to get. And don't forget a pair of reomizers or at least some super shorty cartos. I highly recommend the extra delin button covers also. Fits over the original button but makes it a lot easier to lock and unlock the fire button.

muzichead

Resident Knucklehead
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 7, 2011
Illinois
It seems odd to me that MY original post clearly stated that this was suppose to be a Reo Grand vs the Reo 2.1, and NOT ABOUT The devices I've seen listed so far.
It was just going to be a fun thread for the Reonauts to compare the two REO's.
Oh well I guess that was much to ask for. :(

You might have gotten better feedback if:

A) It was posted in the correct forum, (this is the Variable Voltage APV discussion forum)...

or

B) Your post didn't have a trolling kind of vibe to it...

Maybe you should ask the mods to move your post or start a new one in the correct forum, like say this one... Reos Mods

tnt56

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 30, 2012
You might have gotten better feedback if:

A) It was posted in the correct forum, (this is the Variable Voltage APV discussion forum)...

or

B) Your post didn't have a trolling kind of vibe to it...

Maybe you should ask the mods to move your post or start a new one in the correct forum, like say this one... Reos Mods

Trolling? Wow you sure misread all the intentions of this thread. And I did have Classy move it as you might have noticed. Go back to your (whatever). And don't worry about my threads.

tnt56

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 30, 2012
And here they are in all their glory.

Attachments

• Reo's.jpg
    Reo's.jpg
    41.5 KB · Views: 75

tearose50

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 2, 2011
Tennessee :-)
tnt -- I don't think musichead was trying to tick you off. Seemed to me like he was trying to be friendly, informing you of where the thread was placed originally and the "doesn't seem like a T" comment was a compliment. If you look at in with that in mind, it might appear differently.

Ah, the messes we can get into with the written word alone.

Obviously, I read your OP wrong too. My bad. :facepalm:

Last edited:

tnt56

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 30, 2012
tnt -- I don't think musichead was trying to tick you off. Seemed to me like he was trying to be friendly, informing you of where the thread was placed originally and the "doesn't seem like a T" comment was a compliment. If you look at in with that in mind, it might appear differently.

Ah, the messes we can get into with the written word alone.

Obviously, I read your OP wrong too. My bad. :facepalm:

Maybe I did misinterpret musicheads statement. I just don't like the "T" word.

nerak

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 12, 2011
Fairfield Township, OH, USA
www.facebook.com
I have the Mini 2.0 and a few Grands.

The Mini 2.0 is a nice little size. I use it to put in my purse when out shopping. A bit more discrete so I can also take it into appointments and stealth vape. Running time is just fine because I am not using it that long.

The Grand is the one model of REO that is my out and about PV. I take two with me wherever I go. I use them at work, which for me is a long 64 hour stretch away from home. I use them when driving around while working or on my own time. Plenty of juice and with two I do not worry about batteries dying. I have the RM2 on both. They run about 1.2 ohms. Fantastic vape.

If I had to choose between both I would go with the Grand.

_more_

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2012
I have 3 sizes to compare. The Grand is good for in front of my computer because of the bigger bottle size and battery life.I chain vape when i am online so that is the most used.

I like the littlest Mini for holding while i type and vape :) and also is the only one i take out with me of course with the xtra bottle and battery.

The Mini 2 was my first Mini and i thought it was a little Mini.I was even using 14500 batteries in it, wondered why the batteries were loose and asked in the main REO forum, that is how i found out the correct battery size. So That is when i got the original Mini and correct batteries for the Mini 2.

Wow, I love the tiniest Mini it is adorable.

I can't choose between the sizes and want to get more for the colors and textures. I probably answer the question wrong. but at least i only mention REOs :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread