hoping this halo juice gets better ........

Status
Not open for further replies.

smith0826

Aug 29, 2013
Kentucky
So I was at my local supplier and they carry the full
line of halo products. The southern classic and tiki juice were really tasty when I was sampling them so I picked up a 30ml bottle of each. Well the southern classic taste like cough syrup at the moment and the tiki juice is so spicy its not funny. I did call her and ask how long she'd had them and turns out she got them 3 days ago from halo, so I am assuming they are fresh as she told me she's had them on order for almost a month. Hopefully they get better and if not then I guess I just wasted my money.

Does anyone else find themselves sampling a juice and not liking it when you get home ? Got my fingers crossed that it gets better over the next few weeks. Curious as to what everyone's experience has been with situations like this.

jrbligh

Moved On
Aug 14, 2013
California
  • Deleted by Misty
  • Reason: unregistered supplier

smith0826

Aug 29, 2013
Kentucky
I've got it steeping as we speak. The nic levels were the same in the samples as what I bought.

One thing that crossed my mind was the fact I pretty much sampled every juice they had. I'm starting to think it may have been the taste of many flavors that made my small brain think it was better than what it is. LOL

Seriously though I'm hoping the steeping process makes them a little better or at least tones down the overwhelming aroma and taste. Being that they are real fresh and me Being fairly new to all of this I'm struggling with finding a nice smooth tobacco juice that I can tolerate or I may be expecting too much.

InTheShade

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 26, 2013
South Texas
I think a lot of people have done that (I know I have) - tasted a juice at a B&M, thought wow. Bought a big bottle of it, got it home and then thought ugh.

Possibly the worst juice I have ever tried was an RC Cola from a local B&M. No amount of steeping will make it taste anything other than pinsol. It's disgusting. I've tried adding sweetener, adding menthol (it just made it a menthol pinsol) and cutting it with another cola juice - all to no avail.

Halo juices are sometimes better after steeping though. I've found all of them have a chemical taste when fresh and that does fade over time. Tribeca (for me) takes a good few weeks, but when it gets there, it's very good.

Ok so the good news is that the tiki juice has gotten 10x better since yesterday :) the ssouthern classic still has some time left on it to steep

Hooray! I just had my first experience with possibly regretting a purchase after enjoying the first batch. I purchased a small bottle of LJs e-Smokes CoffeeBacco when I was trying things out. They're so prompt & I enjoyed it so much that went in for a large bottle. This one tastes like straight tobacco. Waiting a few days to see if the coffee flavor comes out before I return it.

Did you try Halo's Midnight Apple? One of my favorites.

smith0826

Aug 29, 2013
Kentucky
Midnight Apple was the one I wanted actually. They were sold out of it. She has another order in and is going to notify me once its in. I'd order it offline but she charges the same price for a 30ml bottle, $19.99.

Tribecca , tiki juice , southern classic , midnight apple and the twisted java were my favorite out of the halo juices I sampled. If I could I probably get them all. LOL I like the fact that halo uses the rich tobacco base for their juices.

Lombaowski

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 22, 2013
DC via the 313
Can't speak for Southern Classic but Tribeca is one that definitely needs steeping. It was overpowering out of the mail but has mellowed considerably over the past month, and is a terrific beer drinking vape. Voodoo seemed better when I first got it though, now the flavors are commingled and I'm not sure I like it as much.

bluehaze013

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 18, 2013
Florida
The Halo juice has a best by date on the bottle, from my purchases of it I assume the "born on date" to be 1 year prior to the best by date. And that gives you some idea how long it's already steeped. I could be wrong though, i've only bought this from a local B&M. Wha is your best by date? Also this stuff benefits greatly even if its 2 months old.. from leaving the cap off over night, shaking leaving the cap off again etc.. it gets rid of alot of the chemically taste. I guess from evaporation, they say the alcohol rises to the top so I guess you are essentially bleeding off the alcohol and some of the chemical taste by doing this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread