Horrible LR 510 Attys

Status
Not open for further replies.

onionpants

ECF Veteran
Sep 5, 2009
Brisbane, Australia
Less than 2 weeks ago we recieved 20 Eastmall 510 LR attys with Riva batteries and juice. One of the Riva batteries is defective. It keeps heating up after you let go of the button and melts the cartridge. My wife and I have now gone through all 20 attys and every single one of them is a piece of garbage. One was DOA, and the rest all have a sickening burning taste. Some of them don't even fit the cartridges properly. They are either too tight and you have to jam the cartridge on, or too loose and the cartridges fall off. Out of the 20, there was one atty that gave me a great vape for one day until that horrible burning taste appeared. The last batch I ordered were $3 each and had some duds in it. Now they have raised the price to $4 and every atty was a piece of crap. Sorry Eastmall, but you have lost this customer. If this is what you are about, raising your prices and sending out products of worthless quality I am taking my business elsewhere.

Ardeagold

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 1, 2010
Maryland
Just a few questions:

1) Are you blowing out the primer before using the attys? If not, they're disgusting at first.

2) Are you making sure the cartridge is lining up with the atty when you put it on? It has ridges on the side, and if you look at the bridge of the atty, it's basically shaped like an upside down "u" (I guess that would be an "n" LOL). If you're putting the cartridge on so that the plastic is touching the bridge...it will burn/melt giving you a horrible taste.

3) Are you keeping the filler in the cartridge wet enough? If not, you'll burn the filler and it tastes awful.

Just thought I'd mention those three things just in case there might be a bit of user error.

I'm really sorry you're going through this. I know it's so frustrating.

onionpants

ECF Veteran
Sep 5, 2009
Brisbane, Australia
Hello there. We aren't new to vaping, been doing it for nearly 2 years now. I am well aware of the taste of dry cartridge filler and always keep it wet. We basically aren't doing anything different with these attys than what we've been doing all along. It's not the primer, because a few are ok at first but the terrible taste always arrives soon. Some of them seem to have a minty smell/taste to them at first as if someone was trying to hide a bad flavor. These are just very poor quality atomizers. As I mentioned, some don't even fit the cartridges. Some are too small, you have to jam the cartridge on, others are too big, the cartridge falls off if you tilt it downwards. I have come to expect a couple duds in every batch of attys I order, from every company. The last batch I ordered from Eastmall, last July, had some good ones but a high proportion of bad ones and a couple DOAs. But 20 out of 20 bad ones in this last order is ridiculous. For now, we are using old atomizers that I bathed in denture wash until I can get a new order of attys from Health Cabin. The Eastmall attys are useless. Thank you for your reply.

Di

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 30, 2008
*Australia*
Yes 20 bad attys is not acceptable I agree,

I have had some loose 510 cartridges also, but not enuf so they are unusable,
and No, I have not any bad taste with mine-
I cannot think what is that problem..........

I am sorry you have this issue, it is dissapointing I know.

please contact Selina at customer service and sort this issue with her for replacements,

Customer Service email :- support@eastmall.net

Last edited:

onionpants

ECF Veteran
Sep 5, 2009
Brisbane, Australia
Hi Di. I contacted them about the overheating battery the next day. I was asked to send it back. But I didn't feel like screwing around, mailing a battery to China, so I just decided to forget about it and not buy batteries from them anymore. Not sure I really want to mail atomizers either, maybe just chalk it up as another lesson learned. I don't know why the attys are bad either. It's not just me, the ones my wife has tried taste terrible too. And it's only the Eastmall ones from this last order. We are now using months old attys that I soaked in denture wash. They aren't giving quite the throat hit they delivered when they were brand new, but they are vaping ok and no terrible burnt taste like the Eastmall attys. I have had the odd atty in the past that had a bad burning taste, but it's unbelievable that every single atty in this shipment tastes horrible.

Last edited:

Di

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 30, 2008
*Australia*
Yes, I agree, it is unreal for sure,

the only thing I can think of - is ---
maybe you got shipped some from the old bad batch that was replaced with the now current new batch ------

all I can say is, get them replaced, and try again, ------

PM me with your name and address,
you can return them to me here in Australia, ---
and I will send you some of mine and see if they are better for you,
or if you have the same problem with these of mine ------

I am vaping some that were returned as * unacceptable *
and quite frankly they are perfectly ok for me
I am getting real good vapor and taste from them, -
so I just don't know,
as was suggested by the other member, --
make sure you keep the atty wet,
and make sure you are vaping them on a 3.7V battery only.

Last edited:

Di

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 30, 2008
*Australia*
Yes, I know guys, we sell thousands of these, and we have very few complaints,
but it can happen that something is not quite right,
or the person cannot get them working right,
so i will get these ones from my stock to this guy and see if they work for him,
as they work perfectly for me,

and thanks guys for the feedback it is appreciated.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread