Hospitals pushing to stop vaping but really have No Clue..

Status
Not open for further replies.

puffon

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Sep 18, 2014
    Florida
    How long ago? I ask, because I'm betting nowadays they would tell you NO. Since they appear to consider it the same as smoking... ugh.
    About 8 months ago. I had a feeling the nurse was also a vaper.
    Go to the cardiologist every 6 months.

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
    ECF Veteran
    May 22, 2010
    Central GA
    About 8 months ago. I had a feeling the nurse was also a vaper.
    Go to the cardiologist every 6 months.

Decades ago lots of nurses and doctors smoked. Stress factor, I guess. I've had 1 or 2 doctors who smoked. School teacher lounges were usually full of smoke. You could see it in the air as they went in and out between periods!

But that was back in the days when you could smoke on an airplane.

ricks

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jan 11, 2011
    Moscow PA
    Decades ago lots of nurses and doctors smoked. Stress factor, I guess. I've had 1 or 2 doctors who smoked. School teacher lounges were usually full of smoke. You could see it in the air as they went in and out between periods!

But that was back in the days when you could smoke on an airplane.
    I remember stealing cigarettes from the teachers lounge when I was in High School...

Del_Boy

Moved On
    ECF Veteran
    Aug 18, 2019
    You’d think someone in the medical profession would have detailed knowledge on cigarettes and e-cigarettes.

I get their argument that inhaling anything other than fresh air isn’t healthy but they NEED to see things from a smokers view. Vaping isn’t healthy but compared to regular cigarettes, vaping is a damn-sight cleaner!

Yet here in the UK, our NHS is opening up vape shops in hospitals to get more smokers to make the life saving switch.

United States

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Aug 17, 2018
    RVA
    At my work I ran across a fellow who vapes with a DRAG and big ole tank. He told me he's been tobacco free for 18 months. We discussed the topic a bit as he held his device while chatting like it was his bestest buddy, not once taking a drag. So I asked how often does he even use it.

His response kinda startled me but at the same time made sense. He said in the time we conversed he would have smoked 3 cigarettes but now he takes about one drag an hour. When he did take one he put out a big ole plume, sure. But not some room filling contest wanna be type where he vacuumed for 8 seconds then exhaled. But indoors yeah, it would annoy some.

So in essence his one drag an hour put out oh, say a cloud that would contain I dunno 4 or 5 exhales of a cigarette combined. So 20 drags from a cigatette later ('cause that's about how long mine last) in comparison terms he would conceivably taken 4 drags from one cigarette while we talked instead of as many as 60 had he smoked 3 while we talked. That is certainly better in my view. Perhaps not better to RJ Reynolds, yet definitely better for the guy I was talking to.

Unfortunately what a non vaping passerby would have thought was "look at that vaper with his giant cloud, that's got to be bad for you". It stands to reason if you are an outsider looking in.

Now when I use my little pod and exhale a tiny whisp of cloud it can be easily done in a room full of people who don't even know. Heck, I do it all day at work without ever leaving my desk. Surrounded by vegans who pass gas all day and spend more time pooping than a heard of cows I'm not the least bit concerned about offending somebody. But that poor guy who sub-ohms once an hour with his DRAG would have those clowns evacuating the office thinking their lives are in danger because twitter says so. Yet in my view that fellows vape style is probably safer than mine and if he were in my place the office would certainly smell better.

Tabac man

ECF Veteran
    May 24, 2019
    London
    Now when I use my little pod and exhale a tiny whisp of cloud it can be easily done in a room full of people who don't even know. Heck, I do it all day at work without ever leaving my desk. Surrounded by vegans who pass gas all day and spend more time pooping than a heard of cows I'm not the least bit concerned about offending somebody. But that poor guy who sub-ohms once an hour with his DRAG would have those clowns evacuating the office thinking their lives are in danger because twitter says so. Yet in my view that fellows vape style is probably safer than mine and if he were in my place the office would certainly smell better.

th

Reactions: stols001

Bliss Doubt

ECF Veteran
    Dec 10, 2012
    San Antonio
    Yet here in the UK, our NHS is opening up vape shops in hospitals to get more smokers to make the life saving switch.
    This is one of the reasons why I asserted in a previous ECF discussion that the EU government (I know, Brexit and all) works for the citizens, as compared to here in the US where multinational corporate owned government works to shield its owners. When I made that assertion I was laughed off the planet.

CMD-Ky

Highly Esteemed Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Sep 15, 2013
    KY
    This is one of the reasons why I asserted in a previous ECF discussion that the EU government (I know, Brexit and all) works for the citizens, as compared to here in the US where multinational corporate owned government works to shield its owners. When I made that assertion I was laughed off the planet.

Wait just a minute, we the have the very best government that money can buy.

AlexEdler

Moved On
    Jul 13, 2019
    • Deleted by classwife
    • Reason: Spammer
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread