Hot EM warped plastic bottle - safe to use?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought making my own EM liquid would save a bit of cash, so I gave it a shot. I measured out the PG and EM, then microwaved it for 10 seconds in a plastic bottle. I will NEVER do that again! I had no idea that PG was so sensitive to heat! I feel like such a dummy... ugh It warped the plastic bottle, and now I'm not so sure it's safe to use. I've heard about some chemicals in plastic storage bottles leeching into juices over time, so I'm on the fence here. Do you think it might be safe to use, or should it be tossed?

dannyv45

ECF DIY E-Liquid Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 12, 2013
New Jersey
www.e-cigarette-forum.com
Don't feel bad I did that with a plastic squeeze bottle just last weekend. It didn't warp it but it made it so hot I actually burnt my fingers when I took it out. I was to lazy to steep the mix in my UC so I just decided to try the microwave and shake method being that it wasn't anything that needed to steep for very long. In fact I did it twice and guess what it worked. And yes I did vape it and I'm still around. But I still would have to say I wouldn't make a habit of steeping that way. If I did I would use glass and perhaps an oven mit:).

As far as desolving EM that way I don't know if I would chance using that as it is an additive ment to be used long term and not a small test sample that you may try for the short term then discard.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread