House of Hybrids featuring the Zenesis PV

Status
Not open for further replies.

Viper2377

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 14, 2012
Plainfield, NH
I've got to ask....the *ASH* (named after ASH), will it be of a grey color or just the SS finish? I guess I'm just dying to see it.
I know its an 18650 body with a mini tank....I'm just feelin like a kid around Christmas. I would always feel my presents and shake 'em to get an Idea of what it was...The suspense has got me here!!! Just had to get it out there, I've been trying to contain it for a bit!!

zygote

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 12, 2012
new york
I'm currently using stardusts on my eGo, I like the convenience of the tank but after a while (less than 2 ml's) of use my juice gets a lot darker and thicker than it was when I added it and the flavor goes way downhill. Can anyone tell me if this happens in the Zenesis too? I'm assuming it's from the heat of the atty running down the center. Does the center post on the Zenesis heat up?

Thanks in advance :)
I am using the same crappy setup, what i do is to dump the remaing bit of juice before filling up, juice stays clear and flavor is as good as it is going to be.....still waiting on a zen~ apv

wickedalibi

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 17, 2010
montana
Does anyone with the standard prefer the 18650 1600mah over the 2000mah?

Katz posted this awhile ago

"I think I figured out why the AW 1600 mAh 18650's seem to hit better than the AW 2000 mAh 18650's.

See the following form the Candle Power Forum's AW sales thread

Notice the difference in the max charge and discharge rates for each:

IMR18650-1600 Specifications :

Nominal Voltage : 3.7V
Capacity : 1600mAH
Lowest Discharge Voltage : 2.50V
Standard Charge : CC/CV ( max. charging rate 4.5A )
Cycle Life : > 500 cycles
Max. continuous discharge rate : 15C
Operating Discharge Temperature : -10 - 60 Degree Celsius

IMR18650 -2000 Specifications :

Capacity : 2000mAH
Standard Charge : CC/CV ( max. charging rate 2A )
Max. continuous discharge rate : 10C
Operating Discharge Temperature : -10 - 60 Degree Celsius"

I got lucky and was here on BAM night seeing black is my favorite color!!!!!! If he ever does anything with black/red or a black with a ruby I will be on it like white on rice!!

DirtyHarry

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 2, 2010
Fremont, CA
Here's the problem with them though. I ordered a $20 sheet of mesh from them. They didn't tell ne what shipping would be. Next thing I known have a $50 charge on my card. I called them right away a question it. Seems the shipped it ups and it costed me $30. I told them I didn't want it then and they said it ready shipped. I would have to pay to ship it back. Seems the only shipping ups and charge you after it ships so they know exactly how much to charge you.

Nothing against the company, it just doesn't work out for me here in Alaska. Unless I am making a large order.

I'm astonished MMC doesn't have a distribution center in AK - I'd think with all the petro and other heavy industrial work going on there it would make sense. Oh, well - you've run into the "McMaster Wall" - they are so friggin' huge they "don't care". They are kinda like the old AT&T, back when they owned the entire US phone system - little issues like "Hey... shipping a sub-one-pound package to my little corner of the world is absurd!" is met with a pronounced *shrug*.

Enjoy your $50 square foot of stainless screen material, I guess... and never buy from them again. Those of us in CONUS can still reasonably order from them, but until they get a center up there I guess they are a no-starter for AK residents. Too bad for them!

-Insp. 2211

vaptamist

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 14, 2011
FL
I have both...

The Ti with the battery weighs 6 oz.

The Standard with the battery weighs 8.8 oz.

Awesome - and I believe an AW IMR 18650 weighs about 1.5 oz, so we'll guesstimate the AW 18350 at about half that or .75 oz

Standard 8.8 (7.3 by itself)
Ti Standard 6 (4.5 by itself aka about 60% of the weight of the standard)
Mini 6.6 (5.9 by itself).

This is a real rough estimate but I'm gonna estimate the Ti Mini to be about 4.4 oz with battery/3.6 oz by itself. I know part of the weight is quartz and a few SS parts, but that's pretty darn light, either way.

I think it says a lot that the Ti Standard weighs less than the SS mini.

elfstone

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 15, 2012
OH
I don't understand.

The data shows that you can charge 1600 mAh faster, with a higher current. Charge. On the charger.

It also shows that the maximum safe discharge rate for the 1600 mAh is 24 Amp while on the 2000 mAh is 20 Amp. We never get anywhere close to that. God forbid! We don't ever use the IMR batteries even fractionally at their rated output.

I don't know if there is a difference, I never detected a difference in my Reo. Not even in duration, because they reach a voltage where the vape gets weak at the same time, so I don't care that at that point one has some more residual charge, I don't get to use that residual charge, that's the point.

But again, I don't doubt that someone may notice some difference, I'm just saying I don't understand how the data below predicts such a difference.

Katz posted this awhile ago

"I think I figured out why the AW 1600 mAh 18650's seem to hit better than the AW 2000 mAh 18650's.

See the following form the Candle Power Forum's AW sales thread

Notice the difference in the max charge and discharge rates for each:

IMR18650-1600 Specifications :

Capacity : 1600mAH the
Standard Charge : CC/CV ( max. charging rate 4.5A )
Max. continuous discharge rate : 15C
Operating Discharge Temperature : -10 - 60 Degree Celsius

IMR18650 -2000 Specifications :

Capacity : 2000mAH
Standard Charge : CC/CV ( max. charging rate 2A )
Max. continuous discharge rate : 10C
Operating Discharge Temperature : -10 - 60 Degree

Vapor2112

Atty Baller - Level 2
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 8, 2010
Virgin-ia
For all those looking for tank replacements or spares, Although Zens are much nicer here is a good replacement in polycarbonate and can be purchased in foot lengths from a well renowned company, McMaster Carr. Just open link and scroll down the page and the appropriate tubing will be already highlighted and just input how many feet you would like to order. This tubing will work for the mini or standard. You will need to cut the tubing to the appropriate length for your pv. Please check the Zenesis FAQ for specific length. Which can be done with a tubing cutter from home depot and a 3/4" wooden dowel to reinforce the tubing while cutting. Hope this helps some of you out!

http://www.mcmaster.com/nav/enter.asp?partnum=8585K61

I ordered 2 feet. It is more than I will ever need BUT, I will never have to be without.

Tip on ordering from them. If you order more than 1 ft, ask them to ship in 1ft lengths, it will save on shipping..

vaptamist

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 14, 2011
FL
As far as batteries go, the two that are recommend by Zen to use are the 1600 and 2000 mah AW IMR. They are both so close on battery life and also hold voltage within 1 tenth of a volt throughout a whole charge that it's irrelevant which one you use by those criteria. Particularly because voltage is less important with the Zenesis design - so much of the experience has to do with airflow over the coil that it should pretty much blur the line between that one tenth of a volt. I choose my battery for my Standard based off of what fits better - for the Ti Standard the 2000 mah fits better. If I'm out of 2000 mah, I'll put a 1600 mah in and the only noticable difference will be that it is a little looser.

TLDR: Use either, but the 2000 mah fits better.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread