House of Hybrids featuring the Zenesis PV

Status
Not open for further replies.

VapourNinja

ECF Veteran
Sep 27, 2012
United States
There is no need for a plugable fill hole

Welp... both the chinese piece of crap, as well as the original it was based on, have BOTH been laying on their sides on my desk (I've got them hooked up to pass-throughs... cable coming out the bottom, can't even stand them up really) and neither is leaking. Sooooo....

... and both are wicking fine.

ninfreak

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 18, 2011
burkesville, kentucky
Welp... both the chinese piece of crap, as well as the original it was based on, have BOTH been laying on their sides on my desk (I've got them hooked up to pass-throughs... cable coming out the bottom, can't even stand them up really) and neither is leaking. Sooooo....

... and both are wicking fine.

yes pressure in the tank matters for capillary action. you need air to get there to fill the void from juice usage which can't happen with a wick like i use, no air is getting through that thing. if you have a vaccum in the tank, juice will be sucked down to the vaccum and not up through the wick. in a straw like wick it barely matters cause there is a way for air to get into the tank. here is your science lesson for the day:)

Last edited:

9ball_AJ

On the Snap...
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
yes pressure in the tank matters for capillary action. you need air to get there to fill the void from juice usage which can't happen with a wick like i use, no air is getting through that thing. if you have a vaccum in the tank, juice will be sucked down to the vaccum and not up through the wick. in a straw like wick it barely matters cause there is a way for air to get into the tank. here is your science lesson for the day:)

Agreed, completely. I have found that if you roll your wick thinner than the wick hole you can achieve the necessary air displacement needed for proper capillary action even with the fill hole plugged. Theoretically leaking could still occur with this setup, however in my experience leaking is not an issue, even leaving your PV on it's side for extended periods of time. This provides for a pocketable genesis atty/pv.

That all being said, I see no need to plug the fill hole in the Zenesis APV's. It's too big to fit in my pocket anyway ;)

kiba

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 21, 2012
Alexandria, Va, USA
www.facebook.com
Many thanks to Chief Thunder for bringing this for me, glad I got to meet you all... err most of you, and got to see lots of cool stuff. Im done for the night but Ill be back at vc tomorrow. I actually got that Chinese DID working lolz, w/ a whole lot of fiddling. thanks for that btw. :)

saza8asa.jpg

BTW I am insanely jealous at anyone who got a sidewinder you have no idea how ridiculously beautiful that thing is and well put-together it is untill you hold it. IMO the pics do not do it justice, Very tiny too, I love black PV's and I wanted one so bad but w/ the 2 provaris and a zap/other zap that I am getting for my gf's ProVari, I might have to wait a month or two. but well see how much willpower I have tomorrow If there are any left.)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Shaitaan

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 8, 2011
Syracuse, NY
Welp... cut too big a piece of wick. Roll it normally. Try to insert it into hole. Realize it doesn't fit. Tighten it down. Still doesn't fit. Tighten it down s'more... barely fits, but now you've got a 'solid' wick exactly like he was suggesting. I was surprised that it still worked well, and listening to him talk it seems like it's even optimal if he's doing it habitually.

I haven't ever covered the fillhole on my zen. But the other-device-that-I-probably-shouldn't-be-talking-about is designed for it. It actually comes with a screw you have to remove to fill. 'interferes with the wicking'... I imagine it does because of air pressure in terms of tipping.. but it SHOULDN'T interfere with capillary action.

if there's no negative air pressure at all, YES it will

Last edited:

LadyStrick9

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 9, 2012
Colorado
OMG These pics are so awesome! Thanks guys! It's nice to see everyone smiling and having a good time!

MISSEMMA! You taking the pics? LOL I don't see you????? That Sidewinder is AWESOME!!!!!

Someone get me some pool noodle pieces? I can't find them in Colorado in the fall (swimming season is over!).

Have fun all you guys and gals! I'm so jealous but SO enjoying seeing you have a good time :)

p.s. Good morning to all my Zen friends here on the forum...

grruss

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
May 23, 2012
Grand Rapids
www.mister-e-liquid.com
regarding the kick and it's drain. I just read in another thread something that is noteworthy. It probably will not have the drain problem in the Zen. I am thinking this, cuz you need to push the button on the zen devices for it to complete the circuit. correct?

Ty, I'm pretty sure there is a separate circuit inside the Kick. That's why it has that little spring on it that has to touch ground. It also has to sit on top of the positive battery terminal right? There is a circuit that is always complete. I am not an electrical engineer, but if there is some kind of 'check' circuit in the Kick there will be a constant draw on the battery. Certainly not much, but an unswitched circuit nonetheless, regardless whether the main switch in the device is closed. The reason it doesn't bother me at all is that I vape a lot, so it simply won't sit for a matter of a couple of days without getting a fresh battery anyway because whenever I vape I'm putting a way bigger draw on the battery than that little 'check' circuit anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread