Status
Not open for further replies.

vincent93

ECF Veteran
Dec 4, 2012
California
Hello vaping people~

Yeah so... here's my long story short.

I started vaping about 1 and half year ago. vaped for about 6 months but still smoked an analog... So I thought nah~ this isn't working for me and cost me so much. Then I quit vaping and started just smoking again...

Now I'm trying to start all over again into the vaping world! Reason why is because my mother got a Lung Cancer.... :( Nobody in my house or my family smokes except me... So that made me feel and look like Im the one responsible for my mother's lung cancer... :(

That is why I want to quit smoking. I feel like it's too late for that because my mother's already sick.... But I want to show I really care!

I bought a Provari mini which should arrive next week and Boba's Bounty. Yes I bought a high quality vaping stuff so I really can try this time.

I still smoke analogs but I'm cutting it down a lot. But it seems impossible for me to quit!!!

So people teach me or tell me how you guys managed to quit.

Thank you, Vincent

BuGlen

Divergent
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 6, 2012
Tampa, Florida
I recently got a sample of Boba's Bounty and I really didn't care for it.
So if you don't like it, don't give up, because taste is very, VERY subjective.
:)

+1 to this. Everyone seems to have a different experience when first start starting vaping. Don't think of it as a replacement for smoking, but rather an alternative way to get nicotine. Try different flavor types like coffees, deserts, fruits, menthol, etc., until you find what works for you.

Tracey1

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 22, 2009
Tampa, Fl
If you are a heavy smoker, I would suggest upping your nic to 36 mg. I've been vaping for 3 years and still vape 24 to 36 mg. Although I find that 24 doesn't do it for me at all. I try to lower my nic level. Just can't get there. I'm fine with it though. I also used the snus packets for a while. WTA (Whoe Tobacco Akaloid) juices are great too. I keep a small bottle of it with me for emergency situations.

MrSmith99

ECF Veteran
Jan 28, 2011
Earth
Sounds like your off to a good second start! My only advice is use nic that is strong enough for you and get good equipment. When I started vaping I only had a 510 and an Ego which wasn't hardly enough for me. I began dripping that first weekend something fierce. Later I found a mod I liked with 24mg nic and life has been smooth sailing ever since. I haven't even thought about nasty cigs since I got my mod.

you can do it and life will be good!
:)

fwellers

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 4, 2010
Northern Va
photos.fwellers.com
Very sorry about your mother. Don't blame yourself. People get lung cancer all the time that has nothing to do with smoke. A person can get more carcinogens walking down a city block or plenty of places. You just never know.
I've been smoking a pad since I was 13, and a pack a day since 17. I'm 54 now.

I tried toquit before , with the cig a like crummy little things and couldn't do it. They just weren't satisfying enough. But with the provari I just bought last week, a dripping atomizer and a liquid I like, it's pretty painless to give up the stinkies. today is my first week without them.
Talk to Alan at Smart Vapes about SV1 liquid. It's real nice to drip with. Tons of vapor, good th and great taste that reminds me of vanilla, and a little coconut plus other stuff I can't describe.

When you get the urge to smoke, just vape instead. With your setup it should be easy to get a real satisfying vape. Adjust your voltage if necessary, and don't give up until you are satisfied with the vape !

I mean really, with good vapor, good throat hit a nice feeling device and nicotine ( im using 24mg right now ) there is very little you will be missing compared to the cancer sticks. Enjoy. If I can do it anybody can.

lrage

ECF Veteran
Nov 22, 2010
Florida
Go buy a weeks worth of patches. Quit smoking by using them. It's not hard to go a few days on the patch really. People do it all the time. I mean even the ones that never quit for real can go a few days using a patch. Do not vape. Do nothing.

OK, now here's the twist. After like 3 days or so when you fall off the wagon fall off to vaping not to smoking. Just never smoke again but chain vape your brains out. You can keep a patch on probably too if you feel confident enough with the nic intake. Then finish up the patches and stop wearing them.

After 20 years, and I could not quit, I finally did it using the above method. I pretending to quit and fell off the wagon to vaping.

Johnnie Price

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 18, 2012
Waldorf, MD
I quit smoking because I like vaping. I like being able to do it in the house. I like the fact that my wife's asthma doesn't flare up every time I vape. I like that I'm in very little danger of making my daughter sick because of it. I like that I don't stink, and neither do my clothes or my car. I like that I'm getting my senses of smell and taste back. Seriously, food tastes good for the first time in 14 years.

Get some 2.4% or 3.6% nic in some flavor or other and vape like heck whenever you crave a cigarette. After about a week, you'll likely enjoy vaping more.

Mookie

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 18, 2011
Rochester, NY
For me, I had to completely give up the cigs to quit. Vaping and smoking was just prolonging the agony. Get rid of the cigs and commit to just vaping, get 24mg or 36mg juices, order lots of sample sizes. Vape until you are blue in the face. The cravings will go away much faster this way. It takes longer for the nicotine from vaping to get into the blood stream so just constantly vape at first to keep the initial strong cravings at bay. It will get easier and easier every day as you see that you can do it. When you realize you have made it yet another day with vaping you will be so proud and more determined to stick to it. Like most people you will actually become to enjoy vaping much much better than cigs. Be strong and tough - you can do it!

Absintheur

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 7, 2012
north central Indiana
For me it was finding that all day juice...one I could vape all day, day after day. Find a Vape Shop near you and try various juices, buy sample packs online. My all day juice turned out to be root beer...tastes just like root beer barrel candies. If I hadn't found that juice it would have been much tougher to quit.

lexi60

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 20, 2010
utah
For me it was finding that all day juice...one I could vape all day, day after day. Find a Vape Shop near you and try various juices, buy sample packs online. My all day juice turned out to be root beer...tastes just like root beer barrel candies. If I hadn't found that juice it would have been much tougher to quit.

This is what I think is the key!
I failed a few times, the wife failed many too. Finally I tried a menthol liquid, and we hated menthol. 3.6mg/ml. It gives the " fullness " filing in our lungs . That was it. Never looked back.
Keep at it!

vincent93

ECF Veteran
Dec 4, 2012
California
Very sorry about your mother. Don't blame yourself. People get lung cancer all the time that has nothing to do with smoke. A person can get more carcinogens walking down a city block or plenty of places. You just never know.
I've been smoking a pad since I was 13, and a pack a day since 17. I'm 54 now.

I tried toquit before , with the cig a like crummy little things and couldn't do it. They just weren't satisfying enough. But with the provari I just bought last week, a dripping atomizer and a liquid I like, it's pretty painless to give up the stinkies. today is my first week without them.
Talk to Alan at Smart Vapes about SV1 liquid. It's real nice to drip with. Tons of vapor, good th and great taste that reminds me of vanilla, and a little coconut plus other stuff I can't describe.

When you get the urge to smoke, just vape instead. With your setup it should be easy to get a real satisfying vape. Adjust your voltage if necessary, and don't give up until you are satisfied with the vape !

I mean really, with good vapor, good throat hit a nice feeling device and nicotine ( im using 24mg right now ) there is very little you will be missing compared to the cancer sticks. Enjoy. If I can do it anybody can.

What dripping atomizer do you use??

After purchasing a Provari mini and some juice.. all I need is a Good atomizer.
I'm looking for dripping rebuildables.

tnt56

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 30, 2012
Tripple digits half way to home
I'm sorry but your post brought tears to my eyes. If you don't mind I'd like to send you a blog entry of mine. It may or may not help. I've lost way to many people I love to cancer and I understand. Look for my PM if you care to. It describes a lot. If you vape and smoke it's ok. Don't worry. The time you spent vaping may have caused you to not smoke one or two cigerettes. It's the ones that you don't smoke or light up that count the most. Hang in there and try and be strong. Pm will follow. If you don't want to read it then I understand. I've had several veterns sob at it so it's ok just a story of mine.

Syav

ECF Veteran
Aug 2, 2012
Minnesota
Sorry to hear about your mom. But don't blame yourself. That guilt feeling will only make things worst. I started vaping at 18mg nic. When I up my nic to 24mg it gave me enough "kick" to quit smoking. Now I'm still vaping at 24mg and no more cigarettes. Also, find out what triggers you to smoke. In my case, psychological aspects was the hardest part. When I feel depressed or stressed out, I wanted to smoke. So I watched my stress and my emotional ups and downs when I was quitting.

zuzette

ECF Veteran
Jul 29, 2012
Colorado
Ultimately you will just have to surrender. ACCEPT that from where you are now there maybe fear and frustration and even anger in the works. Then accept that you can feel these things and know you dont have to act on them. Feel the full power in your being as you acknowledge that YOU can deal with anything that comes your way. Really cheer for yourself when you find you have these feelings. Cheer yourself on no matter what.
Positive support from others is wonderful - but only SELF support has any real meaning.

And be very kind to yourself. Do some research about the incidence of lung cancer in non-smokers. We always relate smoking to lung cancer but the rate of lung cancer in non-smokers is shockingly high. It is not an uncommon disease. That may help you relieve feelings of guilt so that you can be the full support you want to be for your mom and the full support you need to be for yourself.

rtbob

ECF Veteran
Oct 20, 2009
Austin, TX
I am a Registered Respiratory Therapist who happens to be addicted to nicotine. My parents both smoked and I'm 51 years old. My mother died at 65 on a ventilator wanting a cigarette. My father had a will power I my self can not obtain. He both smoked Pall-Mall no filter's and drank Ham's beer with a shot of bourbon whiskey for each beer. Dad was a WWII vet back when cigarettes were part of your rations. He decided to quit both. With no support what so ever he never smoked or had another drink again.

I myself tend to take after my mom as far as my addictions go. I tried patches and gum. They did not satisfy my urge. Chantix led me to a attempt on my own life!

I found ecigs at the mall and paid way to much for a kit

Despite several attempts at quitting, the Electronic cigarette is the only device that has even come close to actually working for me.

Recently the hospital I work at has decided to put e-cigs in to their policy of a "Tobacco Free" work place. What this means if I want to use my device I must clock out and leave company property.

I have tried to educate the administrators of the hospital that the e-cig has as much to do with tobacco as the patches and gum they encourage the use for patients seeking smoking cessation.

Despite the fact that nicotine patches and gum have a dismal established rate of success they insist that the use of a e-cig must be regulated as a tobacco product because it contains nicotine.

I then questioned the cafeteria which has available tomatoes, squash and other night shade vegetables which also contain nicotine and was told this did not apply to the "Tobacco free policy"

So about now the only thing I can figure out to do is get a machine gun and shot all of them. Any other suggestions?

Last edited:

2coils

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 29, 2012
New Jersey
Sorry about your mom. My mother and I started vaping together, i feel really lucky. As for sticking with e cigs..... For me vaping was totally different. The way you take a drag. The way you inhale. There is a definate transition period. If you stick with it, I believe one will truely enjoy vaping more than smoking. You will discover the techniques that better manage your cravings. It doesnt hurt to experiment with lots of samples from various vendors. Vaping is much more fun than smoking ever was. Waiting for vape mail is like being a kid Christmas morning. Great variety out there. You will definately find juice to your likeing!! best of luck and best regards!

fishtaco

ECF Veteran
Apr 17, 2011
WA
Less than 6 weeks into quitting cigarettes and not a single craving and only today for the first time in the 6 weeks I got a little bit aggravated.

Started smoking at 15,now 51 and 6 weeks ago I was smoking 50 a day!

I have tried everything to quit and nothing has worked!

I started vaping last year but failed at quitting analogs because in Australia I could only get Zero nic juice and slipped back into full on smoking.

Fact,Heavy smokers can give up cigarettes with nic patches but they may need up to 5 a day at once because the slow release method just isnt enough,problem is the cost and where to put them!

I tried 3 patches for a few days and it worked but my skin became allergic to the sticky gum and I got rashes and soreness.

I returned to full time vaping 6 weeks ago and have been wearing one nic patch per day and vaping 18mg juice

Today I dropped down to step 2 of the nic patches.

Yesterday afternoon I removed my 24 mg patch at 4pm and continued to vape,by 1pm today (Australia time) I was getting aggravated but still had no real craving for a smoke so i put on a new second step nic patch and 3 hours later I am fine and the feeling of aggravation has gone.

If by removing the nic patch it makes me slip back then I am willing to wear them all my life and vape along with it!

Commit to a quit day,put on a 24mg patch and start vaping,seems to have worked for me so far and I considered myself a lost cause!

No two smokers are the same and what works for one doesnt for another.

I listened to a radio interview with a Doctor who was defending smokers on an anti smoking show against those that believe smokers can just quit whenever they want but they choose not too!

This doctor explained that many smokers began at a young age when the brain was not yet fully developed and the feel good pathways may have been interrupted/broken forever because they never fully developed in the first place. This is one reason many smokers who started later in life can quit without too much effort while some long term smokers fail every time.

This same doctor has his patients on up to 5 24mg patches a day with 100% success rate but believes they will need NRT for the rest of their lives.

I can honestly say that for the first time ever quitting this time I have not had one single craving or feeling of desperation/panic or even thoughts about cigarettes.

Try a patch and vaping,it may work for you too.

Dont feel despair at failing though as no 2 smokers are the same but you will eventually find your method.

Good luck.

Den (Australia)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread