How do I choose the best e-liquids for me?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brewdawg1181

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 30, 2017
Metro ATL
Thanks for the reply. I've been having the opposite issue. A lot of juices I try seem to be too smooth with no throat hit. Maybe I should try slowly stepping up the PG.
It can help - both PG and nic will increase throat hit. I'm a TH junkie - gotta have it, or it's not worth vaping. I do all VG because I'm sensitive to PG, but do 14-15mg nic.

Clutchkman

Feb 6, 2017
North Carolina
That's great man, there's nothing like it!!
I checked out your thread, it's really cool, I hate I missed out on it. You really know your stuff! I've played in a lot of bands too, since High School, varying styles. First, metal, then rock, then straight blues. My career was kind of the de-evolution of rock. One of my biggest problems (besides keeping a band together) was sticking with a style of music. I loved them all. I did countless gigs, and had so much fun, but then I got married, had a son, and suddenly it didn't seem important any more. Ten years later I'm divorced, but at least I still have my son, and guitars, and I'm teaching him to play as well. I've got some vids on youtube under ClutchKman if you're interested, but I'm not trying to promote or anything. Thanks for bringing back good memories!

Reactions: stols001

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
DIY. It isn't hard and you can make what you want.
I would say it is and it isn’t. At its base it’s dirt simple. Easier than cooking. At its high end, again much like cooking, it is exacting and requires some knowledge. Being neither exacting or knowledgeable I simply buy one shot flavors and get decent if unimpressive results with minimum bother.

Clutchkman

Feb 6, 2017
North Carolina
I find DIY interesting, and I probably will get into it at some point. I think what's holding me back is the initial start up time, research, money loss potential on early miss-steps, but I see it in my future. From viewing threads on this site, I can see there's a lot to learn, but I appreciate the encouragement. At least I know where to go with questions, if I do take that dive down the rabbit hole, and that counts for a lot!

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
There are ways to simplify in the beginning like one shot flavors designed to be mixed and vaped at once.

It's not complicated, but becoming a fantastic mixologist can take some time. Testers of single flavor shots can be your friends, and getting a sense of the "overall" flavoring that you like, I usually hover at about 10% but that can change.

I did a lot of single flavor mixes in the beginning and then it can become somewhat synergistic in my opinion although I think the best and most dedicated mixers will test out single mixes for every new flavor they get.

I'm not quite that dedicated. I'd say I'm a decent mixer, not one of the pros. I do like cooking and I know most flavor profiles like so that helps.

You don't have to go nuts to start, I started with the (equivalent, I did not actually buy one) of a mixing kit. You may quickly find yourself stockpiling nicotine if you find you enjoy it, I can't guarantee THAT won't happen. LOL.

Anna

Reactions: Clutchkman

Clutchkman

Feb 6, 2017
North Carolina
Just curious, how much do you guys save by making your own juice? Let's say you normally spent $500 a year buying juice. How much would you spend mixing your own? Or is it more about getting the perfect flavor for you? I understand already that it's a great suggestion for me, because I'm so picky about flavor, I should attempt to mix my own, and stop whining lol. Great suggestion guys!

Brewdawg1181

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 30, 2017
Metro ATL
Depends what you've been buying and how much you vape, of course. But even buying relatively small quantities, here's an example of what it can cost per 30ml.
upload_2019-1-5_11-38-30.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread