Status
Not open for further replies.

e-pipeman

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 16, 2008
Brown Edge, England
I've been using my Protege for over a week now with the 510 adapter and it's great! I had a few teething troubles with the switch not firing, but after tightening and loosening the adapter a few times it now works perfectly. Lovely warm vapour - very consistent. I've noticed that the switch button and its little collar(the piece that the button sticks out of) are starting to go grey. This may be because of my dirty sweaty paws, but I'm dubious of using a cleaner to clean it up. What do you suggest? Brasso? Duraglit? Enriched plutonium? I'd be grateful for any tips that you might have. Thanks! :)

a2dcovert

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 24, 2009
Louisiana
I've been using my Protege for over a week now with the 510 adapter and it's great! I had a few teething troubles with the switch not firing, but after tightening and loosening the adapter a few times it now works perfectly. Lovely warm vapour - very consistent. I've noticed that the switch button and its little collar(the piece that the button sticks out of) are starting to go grey. This may be because of my dirty sweaty paws, but I'm dubious of using a cleaner to clean it up. What do you suggest? Brasso? Duraglit? Enriched plutonium? I'd be grateful for any tips that you might have. Thanks! :)

You can use alcohol, any electrical contact cleaner (be sure it is safe for plastics) or Noalox. Clean all threaded connections including the atty adapter. All parts of the protege are part of the electric circuit. I find that the atty connector need to be cleaned very often to keep it running at top performance.

Kevin

Last edited:

eclypse

Moved On
Sep 9, 2009
Macomb MI
Yes, rubbing alcohol.. or to be more specific, use 99% Isopropyl Alcohol. You can find it in 70% ect but 99% i feel is always best as theres no residue left over and it will dry right away.

I've used this stuff for the past 15 years cleaning computer stuff.

Use a paper towel and dab some on it and wipe the protege down. You could also use a Q-tip so it will be easier to clean the batt/atty connection. You should clean that once a day or so. That will help keep the connection clean so your atty will run at full power.

Thats the first thing i look at if i just topped off the cart and know the battery is good and its has weak vapor.. if the connection is not shinny clean looking.. clean it.

NekoGurrl

ECF Veteran
May 14, 2009
Muskego, WI
I noticed the same thing on mine, and while I was cleaning the brass parts decided to go after the switch housing. It's made out of aluminum, so I used mothers aluminum polish. First I used a fine emery board to get rid of some machining marks, then polished them till the parts shone. Gave them a good wash then some alcohol to get any residue left.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread