how do you fill your boge cartos?

Status
Not open for further replies.

captainbrianbeard

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 6, 2010
Riverside, CA
Ive either been having really bad luck and have gone through a few duds or my filling method isnt working. Ive been using boge 3.2ohm cartos on my 6v SB for a while and i love the way they vape. However, it only happends occasianally but recently ive filled 2 new dry cartos and am burning them on the 3rd or 4th drag! I believe im not getting the liquid soaked all the way into the filler.

Upon first fill my procedure is to condom fill (battery connector down) about 25 drops and let all that soak in. Then over the next few days with the carto standing up (batt end down) i add a few drops here and there and let gravity soak it all the way down and even flood the thing to make sure liquid is soaking into every dry patch.

But STILL i have burned a few.. This is very frustrating as id like to replace the carto im vaping now even tho its vaping like a champ after a few weeks but any day now its gonna go out on me.

How are you guys dealing with these cartos? I have a small blunt tip syringe and ive stabbed the filler and injected juice down into the filler but it felt like the carto wasnt vaping right. any body else fill these with a syringe? Or know of any better more reliable way to fill these?

Thanks!

GWG73

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 9, 2012
Florida
This is the best tutorial I can recommend on filling these.

A PBusardo Tutorial : Filling Boge 510 Cartomizers - YouTube

That's exactly how I do it with no issues. If you do it correctly, and slowly, no juice will overflow from the inner air tube and eventually you'll see the juice wick up and saturate the filler. After it's filled this way once, you can drip to top off and it works great.

Having said that, how thick is your juice?

GWG73

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 9, 2012
Florida
Yeah, you shouldn't be having any issues with that. The one thing I can think of (because I was doing this at first) is maybe you're forcing in down into the condom too quick? It should be just like PBusardo emphasizes in the video....juice starts to peak out, then hold. If you hold it at that point, you should see that little bubble of juice start to go down as it's being soaked up. I had a real hard time with this learning curve myself.

Striker911

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 7, 2012
Mountain Home, AR
I never vape that high of voltage so I can come up with one thing that should help. I fill from the top and just keep dripping till its like a slushy. Then I let it sit for 10 minutes. Not once have I ever had a dry pull unless it was empty. One was defective that I bought from Provape and they sent me a free 5 pack for it. Awesome people.

phatglass

May 11, 2011
NC
When I fill mine I do the condom trick, but after I get the juice in, with both caps on, pull them off a little but not completly. Squeeze the tips so you create a vacuum and let it fill back up with air and repeat 3-4 times. Remove caps add 4-5 drops and repeat all the steps until no more juice soaks in. I do it this way with 50/50 and it works great every time. There is an occational one that does not wick well but not very often. Hope that makes cense.
mike

MaxUT

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 4, 2009
Ogden, UT, US
I use a syringe to fill cartos and always get them saturated. On a standard length carto, I inject 0.6 mL in one side, rotate it 1/2 turn and put 0.6 mL in the other side. It will drip a drop or two out the connector end, and will lose a couple more when blowing through it to get the excess out of the center tube, but there's no problems with a burnt taste. Put them on the PV immediately and vape away!

captainbrianbeard

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 6, 2010
Riverside, CA
I use a syringe to fill cartos and always get them saturated. On a standard length carto, I inject 0.6 mL in one side, rotate it 1/2 turn and put 0.6 mL in the other side. It will drip a drop or two out the connector end, and will lose a couple more when blowing through it to get the excess out of the center tube, but there's no problems with a burnt taste. Put them on the PV immediately and vape away!

What size syringe do you use? And do you stab the filler? Or squeeze between the filler and the metal carto tube?

captainbrianbeard

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 6, 2010
Riverside, CA
Now im starting to get angry! Used phils method and was really excited because i went very slowly and very carefully to not let any juice come up through the air hole and had to stuff at least 35 or more drops through the bottom until i saw it slightly come up between the filler and the outside of the tube. And it still burns! im starting to think i got a dud batch? I can hear the coil sizzle and then stop as i drag. It'll work fine if i take super short drags until i hear the coil dry out. Very annoying and i am wasting juice, which i am low on and wont have more until monday. The carto is supposed to be 3.2, but is metering at 2.8. Not a HUGE deal ive used 2.8's at 6v before and they just seem to wear out faster.

Any thoughts? has anyone heard about what seems like a wicking problem in a carto? Im really confused, and frustrated, and i apologize for this rant :)

MaxUT

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 4, 2009
Ogden, UT, US
What size syringe do you use? And do you stab the filler? Or squeeze between the filler and the metal carto tube?

I use a 1mL syringe. One of these days I'll buy a box of 2mL ones, but I already had a bunch of 1mLs in my DIY supplies. The needle is a sharp 14 gage, 1-1/2" long. The long length is essential when filling mega cartos.

Never stab the filler, it cuts the fibers and packs the filler down.

I turn the needle so that the beveled side of the point faces the filler, slide it down along the inside of the carto tube until it touches bottom and then inject about 0.2mL, pull it out about 1/4", inject another 0.2mL and so forth. I reload the syringe and do the other side of the carto.

My concern is to soak the lower part of the filler in a new bottom coil carto, to prevent dry spots which will scorch and possibly ruin the carto right from the start. I've done that a few times and I hate throwing a brand new carto with a mL of fresh juice into the trash.

Last edited:

GWG73

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 9, 2012
Florida
Now im starting to get angry! Used phils method and was really excited because i went very slowly and very carefully to not let any juice come up through the air hole and had to stuff at least 35 or more drops through the bottom until i saw it slightly come up between the filler and the outside of the tube. And it still burns! im starting to think i got a dud batch? I can hear the coil sizzle and then stop as i drag. It'll work fine if i take super short drags until i hear the coil dry out. Very annoying and i am wasting juice, which i am low on and wont have more until monday. The carto is supposed to be 3.2, but is metering at 2.8. Not a HUGE deal ive used 2.8's at 6v before and they just seem to wear out faster.

Any thoughts? has anyone heard about what seems like a wicking problem in a carto? Im really confused, and frustrated, and i apologize for this rant :)

It definitely sounds like your out vaping the carto based on this...I'm just not sure how. Sounds like you're definitely getting it full.

rlh445

ECF Veteran
May 2, 2012
Baltimore, Maryland
I never vape that high of voltage so I can come up with one thing that should help. I fill from the top and just keep dripping till its like a slushy. Then I let it sit for 10 minutes. Not once have I ever had a dry pull unless it was empty. One was defective that I bought from Provape and they sent me a free 5 pack for it. Awesome people.

I use 1.7 ohm Resurrectors (Smoktechs). I do this as well. I tried the condom method one time and it ...... up my carto something awful. I drip tilting the carto at an angle and it takes me about two droppers and a half (these cartos are 2.5 ml) to get them full. Never had a problem with them doing it like that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread