b82a0ab1-b905-6c14.jpg
b82a0ab1-b912-9f97.jpg

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk

chatter97

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 12, 2011
Woodstock Georgia
The kick? Its a module that goes into tube mods that gives any mod similar functionality to the Darwin. It is a variable wattage control that will adjust your wattage to the same value regardless of voltage or ohms or battery performance. It requires the use of IMR batteries and has built in cut off protection. So basically if you like 8 watts, it will always be 8 watts till the battery gets to its cut off which is 3.2 volts I think, does not matter what atomizer/cartomizer resistance you are using.

Will post mine once I get both pieces in the mail, for the kick I am looking at Saturday, not sure on the batts.

brian272465

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 26, 2011
florida
When I got mine I thought I was just gona turn it all the way up and love it .imo it hits harder then just fresh 18650 by itself so ended up turning it down to around 8.5 watts on the meter its reading 3.8 volts but it hits harder than that any one else experiencing this? O I'm using a 1.5 ohm atty

chatter97

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 12, 2011
Woodstock Georgia
I am curious how this is gonna affect battery life. I currently use 5 volt nimh batts and only like them for about 2 hours, maybe 3 hours of use as they start at 5.8. After 3 hours they are at 5.2 or so and I like them less at that voltage so I recharge. I am wondering the effect of having the same wattage through out battery life.

brian272465

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 26, 2011
florida
I am curious how this is gonna affect battery life. I currently use 5 volt nimh batts and only like them for about 2 hours, maybe 3 hours of use as they start at 5.8. After 3 hours they are at 5.2 or so and I like them less at that voltage so I recharge. I am wondering the effect of having the same wattage through out battery life.

I will report back with battery life I just got it this morning I'm going on 2 hours so far

chatter97

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 12, 2011
Woodstock Georgia
I don't think so as it adjustes all the components of ohms law to give the same wattage always, including voltage. To get watts you have to multiply votage times current, to get current you have to divide voltage by resistance. There are complex algorithms in this thing that adjusts those to always give the same wattage.

zidakano

Sep 11, 2011
The Internet
b82a0ab1-be2f-9493.jpg
I just ran a piece of thin metal up the side and bent the end so I would make contact to the ground spring

Using the kick in a vmod sounds pretty neat I've been looking into both. Kinda wanted the smaller one just because you can get replacement bodies for it in different colors. But I never thought about the kick in the xl makes the decision much tougher lol.

brian272465

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 26, 2011
florida
Using the kick in a vmod sounds pretty neat I've been looking into both. Kinda wanted the smaller one just because you can get replacement bodies for it in different colors. But I never thought about the kick in the xl makes the decision much tougher lol.

I've been using mine for a couple hours now and I'm impressed its very consistent and hits hard I thought I would like 10 watts .... that's not the case I'm runing it at 8.5 watts

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread