The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

How do you like your kick by evolv

Discussion in 'E-Cigarette Accessories Discussion' started by brian272465, Mar 1, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. brian272465

brian272465 Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Oct 26, 2011
    florida
    In this thread post pics of what you are using the kick in . How you like it? what you would want to see improved? And genral discussion
    Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk

Note : Moved this to the E-Cigarette Accessories Discussion

2. brian272465

Oct 26, 2011
    florida
    I'm using mine in a vmod xl I love it so far its easy to use [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

3. c.chalie

c.chalie Super Member ECF Veteran

Jan 24, 2012
    philadelphia
    and what is this exactly?

4. brian272465

Oct 26, 2011
    florida
    Its a drop in module to control wattage

5. tj99959

tj99959 ECF Guru ECF Veteran

Aug 13, 2011
    utah
    Just wish mine would get here.

The kick is a VW booster that will fit in a 18650/18500 mod.

6. brian272465

Oct 26, 2011
    florida
    Where did you order it from? I got one from nhaler and I got another on the way from super t

7. chatter97

chatter97 Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Oct 12, 2011
    Woodstock Georgia
    The kick? Its a module that goes into tube mods that gives any mod similar functionality to the Darwin. It is a variable wattage control that will adjust your wattage to the same value regardless of voltage or ohms or battery performance. It requires the use of IMR batteries and has built in cut off protection. So basically if you like 8 watts, it will always be 8 watts till the battery gets to its cut off which is 3.2 volts I think, does not matter what atomizer/cartomizer resistance you are using.

Will post mine once I get both pieces in the mail, for the kick I am looking at Saturday, not sure on the batts.

8. chatter97

Oct 12, 2011
    Woodstock Georgia
    Ordered mine from altsmoke.

9. brian272465

Oct 26, 2011
    florida
    When I got mine I thought I was just gona turn it all the way up and love it .imo it hits harder then just fresh 18650 by itself so ended up turning it down to around 8.5 watts on the meter its reading 3.8 volts but it hits harder than that any one else experiencing this? O I'm using a 1.5 ohm atty

10. Jdsgibson

Jdsgibson Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Sep 19, 2011
    Sorryville
    How did you run the ground in the xl? I'm thinking about getting a kick for mine.

11. chatter97

Oct 12, 2011
    Woodstock Georgia
    I am curious how this is gonna affect battery life. I currently use 5 volt nimh batts and only like them for about 2 hours, maybe 3 hours of use as they start at 5.8. After 3 hours they are at 5.2 or so and I like them less at that voltage so I recharge. I am wondering the effect of having the same wattage through out battery life.

12. c.chalie

c.chalie Super Member ECF Veteran

Jan 24, 2012
    philadelphia
    so will these do anything in a VV mod?

13. brian272465

Oct 26, 2011
    florida
    [​IMG]I just ran a piece of thin metal up the side and bent the end so It would make contact to the ground spring

14. brian272465

Oct 26, 2011
    florida
    I will report back with battery life I just got it this morning I'm going on 2 hours so far

15. brian272465

Oct 26, 2011
    florida

16. chatter97

Oct 12, 2011
    Woodstock Georgia
    I don't think so as it adjustes all the components of ohms law to give the same wattage always, including voltage. To get watts you have to multiply votage times current, to get current you have to divide voltage by resistance. There are complex algorithms in this thing that adjusts those to always give the same wattage.

17. zidakano

zidakano Full Member

Sep 11, 2011
    The Internet
    Using the kick in a vmod sounds pretty neat I've been looking into both. Kinda wanted the smaller one just because you can get replacement bodies for it in different colors. But I never thought about the kick in the xl makes the decision much tougher lol.

18. brian272465

Oct 26, 2011
    florida
    I've been using mine for a couple hours now and I'm impressed its very consistent and hits hard I thought I would like 10 watts butt that's not the case I'm runing it at 8.5 watts

19. tearose50

tearose50 Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Feb 2, 2011
    Left coast
  20. tearose50

tearose50 Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Feb 2, 2011
    Left coast
    18490 Battery life --- from what I've read, it should last with the Kick at least as long as a 14500 would, or a bit more. And, it requires IMR batteries. The Kick has it's own protection circuits, so it's also an extra safety precaution.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.