Status
Not open for further replies.

Liv2Ski

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 14, 2010
Burnt Hills NY
OP asked what we are using the Kick in??? For Beta testing I chose two platforms and went with lower cost units since I thought many people would want the VW option at a total price point below $150. So I threw the Kick at a Rough Stack (pic below with a slotted Iken 801 Fusion in a VPX S/S tank) and a Silver Bullet. I have been a Darwin user for over a year and the Kick does wonders for tube style PV's and provides "Darwin like" performance in a simple tube style PV. I have a P+18 on order and any 18650 tube (or box mod) that I have is either now Kicked or will soon be!!! Hats off to Evolv!
............................................................................................................................................................................................................
I bet you love that Darwin??? My P+18 is suppose to ship out tomorrow, almost 4 weeks since I ordered it..... Kick...check, 18490 AW IMRs...check..... Hurry up P18...........
So what do you all think about the shrink wrap? Will it get rubed against the mods threads and tear at some point?.......

Shrink wrap is pretty tight it should be fine. Hope the P+ arrives quickly!!!

jimbalny

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 3, 2011
New York
Running the Kick in a Reo Grand=AWESOME, VERY pocket friendly. Pics later.

Saweet! Can't wait to get my reo/kick! Any atty recommendations? I've been doing carto tanks since I drive a lot for work and dripping/driving is baddd. Do miss the full flavor of a good drippin' atty tho.

jimbalny

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 3, 2011
New York
so will these do anything in a VV mod?

Probably not a good idea, seeing as the kick uses a boost module. Single battery VV devices use the same kind of technology to regulate voltage so it would be pointless and might even screw something up.

From the kick manual:

Warning!

*****REMEMBER – USE IMR BATTERIES ONLY*****

The Kick is designed to be used only as specified in these instructions. Using the Kick module in any configuration other than as outlined above will VOID THE WARRANTY and will be at your own risk. EVOLV cannot warranty, or be responsible for, any user modifications to the device and/or any application other than as specifically described in these user instructions.

jkoppk

ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2011
hanover,PA.
10 watts max seems a bit low for DC and LR vapers but it's nice to see an all in one solution for tube mods.

I am using the Kick in my SS GGTS with AW IMR18650's and I bought it from Nhaler.I was really concerned about the 10 watt limit being too low for how I vape but this thing has surprised me and I think it's the best $45 I have spent on a vaping product so far.I thought I would be at the max all the time but find myself satisfied in the high 8 watt range.I'm really impressed with how well it powers my Clouds of Vapor 1.5 ohm dual coil attys.I compared the Kicked GG at 10 watts against my Reo Grand with a freshly charged AW IMR18650 and there was no contest at all.The Kick produced loads of very warm vapor and the Reo had much less vapor and was barely warm.It seems to me like it puts out more than 10 watts but I guess it's just the way it powers attys that makes it seem to have more power.You always get the same powerful hit with no fade in temp or vapor and it makes the Kick seem more powerful than it is.I hope they come out with a version 2 that has 15+ watts of power for vaping 2.5 and 3.5 dual coil attys.

rockstarr

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 17, 2009
ohio
Saweet! Can't wait to get my reo/kick! Any atty recommendations? I've been doing carto tanks since I drive a lot for work and dripping/driving is baddd. Do miss the full flavor of a good drippin' atty tho.
I'll try and post pics when I get home from work tonight. Im using a 2.5 I06

lannister

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 6, 2012
CT, central
photo.jpg

Kicked Silver Bullet with liquinator tank. I am loving this setup.

cypresss

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 4, 2010
The Shaolin NYC
www.youtube.com
Can not get the kick to work in my old-school aluminum GGTS. When I get back from vacation, I'll check it in the SSGGTS to see if that works. It's not a problem with the Kick, to be sure, since I've tried it in a Silver Bullet and Reo Grand with glorious results. Must be something with the connector pin or inside of upper tube on the GGTS. Anyone else have this problem with the older GG's?

Str8V8ping

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 10, 2011
NYC
Like i said in the other kick thread

I got a kick coming but personally i dont like one main thing which makes me still like a variable voltage unit better . Its great and all that no matter what ohm carto/atty you throw on it will maintain the same power but i personally dont like the set it and forget it thing. Is BS imo and only good if your a one voltage vapor. I like adjusting my power up and down depending on the juice or my preference for the time of day or even when i just want a little more ot less power . When i use a VV unit all i need to do is press a button or use a wheel to raise or lower the power . With the Kick you now have to disassemble your mod to adjust it and thats just really annoying. VV gives so much more control then a internal auto wattage. The kick i barely consider variable anything since you need to take apart a mod to adjust. Trying to find the sweet spot on a juice would mean taking your mod apart multiple times just to nudge the pot up or down a little bit. With a normal variable voltage you can just turn a external wheel and do the same thing in half the time. The kick will be even more annoying on something like a reo where you have to take the battery and everything out just to turn the pot . Overall the kick is good for people who like single voltage devices but would be a pain in the .... for VV users.

Theres much faster user control with a VV device .You may argue that well whatever carto you put on the kick it will stay the same wattage ,well yes you are right but you could do the same thing in seconds by adjusting a VV plus with the VV you have the added option of adjusting on the fly.

Just my opinion and i like i said i do have a kick on the way . THe one and only thing i will give to the kick is that you can now make a 3.7v mod a changeable wattage device. That makes the kick great but not better then a already built vv device. It is nice to have the kick on the market but i dont thinks its the Holy Grail to replace VV devices like the buzzes and Provari's

brian272465

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 26, 2011
florida
Just got my Kick and batteries in. Put the batteries on the charger and it says they are done, when I take them off and measure, they are reading 3.97, both of them. The 18650 IMR I have reads 4.2 off the charger, is this normal?

All my batteries come off the charger meter 4.18-4.21 I don't think 3.97 is normal I've never had that happen

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk

chatter97

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 12, 2011
Woodstock Georgia
2012-03-02%252015.37.17.jpg

2012-03-02%252016.10.38.jpg

Put it up to 10 and it is perfect with a 1.5 dual coil atomizer. Dare I say it feels a little less hot, but a nice warmness that seems to perform more consistently than with the 5 volt battery with the same combination. Oddly, it seems to put out a little more vapor and I am getting a better throat hit, not sure why. Tried both kick and 5 volt back to back and there is a difference.

doots

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2009
safe-list.com
I agree Str

This isnt going to get anywhere near replacing a VV device Imo. It is time consuming to adjust all the time on the fly. For the people that use the same atty and juice it will work well for them without much fuss. Good unit for the price and it cheaper than most VV devices. I will stick with my VV's :) Glad to see it is being sold for those that want to up the game..

Like i said in the other kick thread

I got a kick coming but personally i dont like one main thing which makes me still like a variable voltage unit better . Its great and all that no matter what ohm carto/atty you throw on it will maintain the same power but i personally dont like the set it and forget it thing. Is BS imo and only good if your a one voltage vapor. I like adjusting my power up and down depending on the juice or my preference for the time of day or even when i just want a little more ot less power . When i use a VV unit all i need to do is press a button or use a wheel to raise or lower the power . With the Kick you now have to disassemble your mod to adjust it and thats just really annoying. VV gives so much more control then a internal auto wattage. The kick i barely consider variable anything since you need to take apart a mod to adjust. Trying to find the sweet spot on a juice would mean taking your mod apart multiple times just to nudge the pot up or down a little bit. With a normal variable voltage you can just turn a external wheel and do the same thing in half the time. The kick will be even more annoying on something like a reo where you have to take the battery and everything out just to turn the pot . Overall the kick is good for people who like single voltage devices but would be a pain in the .... for VV users.

Theres much faster user control with a VV device .You may argue that well whatever carto you put on the kick it will stay the same wattage ,well yes you are right but you could do the same thing in seconds by adjusting a VV plus with the VV you have the added option of adjusting on the fly.

Just my opinion and i like i said i do have a kick on the way . THe one and only thing i will give to the kick is that you can now make a 3.7v mod a changeable wattage device. That makes the kick great but not better then a already built vv device. It is nice to have the kick on the market but i dont thinks its the Holy Grail to replace VV devices like the buzzes and Provari's

ltrainer

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 18, 2010
upstate ny
I found the Kick is a little loose in the Reo Grand and I didn't feel like messing with wires so I made this cob job. This was made from an eraser. It seems to work well so far. Holds the Kick in place. It puts enough pressure on it to keep it still. So far, so good. The Kick is set at 9.25 watts and it works for me. I did trim the length down after getting the Kick.
eraser-2-L.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread