The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

How do you like your kick by evolv

Discussion in 'E-Cigarette Accessories Discussion' started by brian272465, Mar 1, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. Liv2Ski

Liv2Ski Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Sep 14, 2010
    Burnt Hills NY

2. meatsneakers

meatsneakers Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Feb 3, 2011
    NYC
    10 watts max seems a bit low for DC and LR vapers but it's nice to see an all in one solution for tube mods.

3. rockstarr

rockstarr Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

May 17, 2009
    ohio
    Running the Kick in a Reo Grand=AWESOME, VERY pocket friendly. Pics later.

4. brian272465

brian272465 Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Oct 26, 2011
    florida
    Cool would love to see the pics

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk

5. jimbalny

jimbalny Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Apr 3, 2011
    New York
    Saweet! Can't wait to get my reo/kick! Any atty recommendations? I've been doing carto tanks since I drive a lot for work and dripping/driving is baddd. Do miss the full flavor of a good drippin' atty tho.

6. jimbalny

jimbalny Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Apr 3, 2011
    New York
    Probably not a good idea, seeing as the kick uses a boost module. Single battery VV devices use the same kind of technology to regulate voltage so it would be pointless and might even screw something up.

From the kick manual:

7. Katdarling

Katdarling I'm still here on ECF... sort of. ;) Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Jan 25, 2011
    Utopia

8. jkoppk

jkoppk Super Member ECF Veteran

Apr 16, 2011
    hanover,PA.
    I am using the Kick in my SS GGTS with AW IMR18650's and I bought it from Nhaler.I was really concerned about the 10 watt limit being too low for how I vape but this thing has surprised me and I think it's the best $45 I have spent on a vaping product so far.I thought I would be at the max all the time but find myself satisfied in the high 8 watt range.I'm really impressed with how well it powers my Clouds of Vapor 1.5 ohm dual coil attys.I compared the Kicked GG at 10 watts against my Reo Grand with a freshly charged AW IMR18650 and there was no contest at all.The Kick produced loads of very warm vapor and the Reo had much less vapor and was barely warm.It seems to me like it puts out more than 10 watts but I guess it's just the way it powers attys that makes it seem to have more power.You always get the same powerful hit with no fade in temp or vapor and it makes the Kick seem more powerful than it is.I hope they come out with a version 2 that has 15+ watts of power for vaping 2.5 and 3.5 dual coil attys.

9. rockstarr

rockstarr Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

May 17, 2009
    ohio
    I'll try and post pics when I get home from work tonight. Im using a 2.5 I06

10. lannister

lannister Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jan 6, 2012
    CT, central
    photo.jpg

Kicked Silver Bullet with liquinator tank. I am loving this setup.

11. cypresss

cypresss Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

May 4, 2010
    The Shaolin NYC
    Can not get the kick to work in my old-school aluminum GGTS. When I get back from vacation, I'll check it in the SSGGTS to see if that works. It's not a problem with the Kick, to be sure, since I've tried it in a Silver Bullet and Reo Grand with glorious results. Must be something with the connector pin or inside of upper tube on the GGTS. Anyone else have this problem with the older GG's?

12. Str8V8ping

Str8V8ping Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Sep 10, 2011
    NYC
    Like i said in the other kick thread

I got a kick coming but personally i dont like one main thing which makes me still like a variable voltage unit better . Its great and all that no matter what ohm carto/atty you throw on it will maintain the same power but i personally dont like the set it and forget it thing. Is BS imo and only good if your a one voltage vapor. I like adjusting my power up and down depending on the juice or my preference for the time of day or even when i just want a little more ot less power . When i use a VV unit all i need to do is press a button or use a wheel to raise or lower the power . With the Kick you now have to disassemble your mod to adjust it and thats just really annoying. VV gives so much more control then a internal auto wattage. The kick i barely consider variable anything since you need to take apart a mod to adjust. Trying to find the sweet spot on a juice would mean taking your mod apart multiple times just to nudge the pot up or down a little bit. With a normal variable voltage you can just turn a external wheel and do the same thing in half the time. The kick will be even more annoying on something like a reo where you have to take the battery and everything out just to turn the pot . Overall the kick is good for people who like single voltage devices but would be a pain in the butt for VV users.

Theres much faster user control with a VV device .You may argue that well whatever carto you put on the kick it will stay the same wattage ,well yes you are right but you could do the same thing in seconds by adjusting a VV plus with the VV you have the added option of adjusting on the fly.

Just my opinion and i like i said i do have a kick on the way . THe one and only thing i will give to the kick is that you can now make a 3.7v mod a changeable wattage device. That makes the kick great but not better then a already built vv device. It is nice to have the kick on the market but i dont thinks its the Holy Grail to replace VV devices like the buzzes and Provari's

13. chatter97

chatter97 Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Oct 12, 2011
    Woodstock Georgia
    Just got my Kick and batteries in. Put the batteries on the charger and it says they are done, when I take them off and measure, they are reading 3.97, both of them. The 18650 IMR I have reads 4.2 off the charger, is this normal?

14. brian272465

brian272465 Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Oct 26, 2011
    florida
    All my batteries come off the charger meter 4.18-4.21 I don't think 3.97 is normal I've never had that happen

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk

15. chatter97

Oct 12, 2011
    Woodstock Georgia
    I am using the same charger I usually charge my 18650 IMR batts with. Wonder if it is the trickle charge issue, usually I leave my bat on there for 1/2 hour after green.

16. chatter97

Oct 12, 2011
    Woodstock Georgia
    Will have to say really nice packaging!!

[​IMG]

17. chatter97

Oct 12, 2011
    Woodstock Georgia
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Put it up to 10 and it is perfect with a 1.5 dual coil atomizer. Dare I say it feels a little less hot, but a nice warmness that seems to perform more consistently than with the 5 volt battery with the same combination. Oddly, it seems to put out a little more vapor and I am getting a better throat hit, not sure why. Tried both kick and 5 volt back to back and there is a difference.

18. doots

doots Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Aug 22, 2009
    I agree Str

This isnt going to get anywhere near replacing a VV device Imo. It is time consuming to adjust all the time on the fly. For the people that use the same atty and juice it will work well for them without much fuss. Good unit for the price and it cheaper than most VV devices. I will stick with my VV's :) Glad to see it is being sold for those that want to up the game..

19. ltrainer

ltrainer Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Oct 18, 2010
    upstate ny
    I found the Kick is a little loose in the Reo Grand and I didn't feel like messing with wires so I made this cob job. This was made from an eraser. It seems to work well so far. Holds the Kick in place. It puts enough pressure on it to keep it still. So far, so good. The Kick is set at 9.25 watts and it works for me. I did trim the length down after getting the Kick.
    [​IMG]

20. tybin

tybin ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Sep 17, 2010
    WA
    it will also go in a phidias. That's were mine is going:p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.