The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

How do you like your kick by evolv

Discussion in 'E-Cigarette Accessories Discussion' started by brian272465, Mar 1, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. jivefly

jivefly Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Mar 4, 2011
    DS, La
    Would it be possible to build a small "tank" SS style tube and end caps with male and female 510 connectors on either side to put The Kick in, instead of placing it inside of the mod itself? Then I could screw The Kick and it's new container into the mod and my tank into The Kick. Would this affect the Ohm load too much, or do you think The Kick would make the proper adjustments for that automatically?

I just think it would be better to build this thing into a module of its own so I can keep my battery at 18500.

2. mwa102464

mwa102464 Resting In Peace ECF Veteran

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

3. Credo

Credo Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Mar 28, 2011
    MS
    Good question. It's still not clear to me if the Kick requires constant power from the battery to work optimally or not. It would make sense that it would work better if installed between the battery and the fire switch. Having it 'after' the switch would mean that the kick can't keep itself fully charged and ready for a fire as readily. I could well be wrong...as I've seen it run in mods with bottom fire buttons (not sure exactly how the grounding, switch, and all works in those). I suppose as long as the Kick is properly grounded it'll hold on to whatever charge it has in it, but still...seems like it'd just work better in a proper loop 'before the fire switch' where the Kick itself has a 'constant' power source.

I'll let someone in the know chime in...but this is something I've been wondering.

4. tearose50

tearose50 Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Feb 2, 2011
    Left coast
    This is above my pay grade ----

I still want to see more pics of the "modded" mods and reports of how it's going.

I've found I have to clean the contacts a lot on one mod---and may have to polish it a bit more to get good consistent contact. It's working perfectly on my Phidias where wire is making the ground connection.

5. classwife

classwife Admin Admin Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Moved to E-Cigarette Accessories Discussion

6. TroopX

TroopX Supplier Associate ECF Veteran

Apr 3, 2011
    Mpls
    I tried it in an Indulgence and couldn't get it to fire- I even pulled out the spring a bit. Brett from TSV said he got it to work though FWIW.

(BTW- I use, and love the Kick in a REO Grand and GVM.)

7. Monolith

Monolith Full Member Verified Member

Dec 14, 2009
    Florida
  8. dodari

dodari Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Dec 4, 2011
    New Mexico
    Anybody know when the Kick will be back at the vendors. Can't find anybody that has them in stock now.

9. tearose50

tearose50 Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Feb 2, 2011
    Left coast
    It was 6-7 weeks between the first two runs of US Stock. The last US supply started selling roughly 2 weeks ago.

I'm guessing the later runs will be faster to produce, so it could be just 2 or 3 more weeks.

I subscribed to all 4 US vendor threads and watched for updates. Most of them have "notify" mailing lists, too.

It's a nice product, IMO. Go for it!

10. buntbart

buntbart Full Member

11. MickeyRat

MickeyRat Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Mar 4, 2011
    Hickory, NC
  12. Credo

Credo Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Mar 28, 2011
    MS
    Yes you can.