How do you like your kick by evolv

Status
Not open for further replies.

jivefly

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 4, 2011
DS, La
Would it be possible to build a small "tank" SS style tube and end caps with male and female 510 connectors on either side to put The Kick in, instead of placing it inside of the mod itself? Then I could screw The Kick and it's new container into the mod and my tank into The Kick. Would this affect the Ohm load too much, or do you think The Kick would make the proper adjustments for that automatically?

I just think it would be better to build this thing into a module of its own so I can keep my battery at 18500.

mwa102464

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Oct 14, 2009
Outside of the Philadelphia Burbs, NJ & Fla
Would it be possible to build a small "tank" SS style tube and end caps with male and female 510 connectors on either side to put The Kick in, instead of placing it inside of the mod itself? Then I could screw The Kick and it's new container into the mod and my tank into The Kick. Would this affect the Ohm load too much, or do you think The Kick would make the proper adjustments for that automatically?

I just think it would be better to build this thing into a module of its own so I can keep my battery at 18500.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Last edited:

Credo

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 28, 2011
MS

Good question. It's still not clear to me if the Kick requires constant power from the battery to work optimally or not. It would make sense that it would work better if installed between the battery and the fire switch. Having it 'after' the switch would mean that the kick can't keep itself fully charged and ready for a fire as readily. I could well be wrong...as I've seen it run in mods with bottom fire buttons (not sure exactly how the grounding, switch, and all works in those). I suppose as long as the Kick is properly grounded it'll hold on to whatever charge it has in it, but still...seems like it'd just work better in a proper loop 'before the fire switch' where the Kick itself has a 'constant' power source.

I'll let someone in the know chime in...but this is something I've been wondering.

Last edited:

tearose50

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 2, 2011
Tennessee :-)
This is above my pay grade ----

I still want to see more pics of the "modded" mods and reports of how it's going.

I've found I have to clean the contacts a lot on one mod---and may have to polish it a bit more to get good consistent contact. It's working perfectly on my Phidias where wire is making the ground connection.

TroopX

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Apr 3, 2011
Mpls
www.ThePlumeRoom.com
I tried it in an Indulgence and couldn't get it to fire- I even pulled out the spring a bit. Brett from TSV said he got it to work though FWIW.

(BTW- I use, and love the Kick in a REO Grand and GVM.)

I am curious if anyone has tried the kick with the Indulgence? I think it should work fine with the Indulgence V-2 but with the V-3 there might be a problem being as the switch doesn't come off and you load battery from the bottom. I guess you would put the Kick in and then the battery but it might not be very easy to get the kick out to change watt adjustment if the fit is very tight.
:2cool:

tearose50

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 2, 2011
Tennessee :-)
It was 6-7 weeks between the first two runs of US Stock. The last US supply started selling roughly 2 weeks ago.

I'm guessing the later runs will be faster to produce, so it could be just 2 or 3 more weeks.

I subscribed to all 4 US vendor threads and watched for updates. Most of them have "notify" mailing lists, too.

It's a nice product, IMO. Go for it!

Last edited:
Last edited:

MickeyRat

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 4, 2011
Hickory, NC
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.