How do you NOT smoke when drinking alcohol? help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hotwire

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 20, 2010
England
I just had a cpl of pints and smoked one.

Tbh I still miss the 'relaxing feel' that an analogue gives - only when drinking. I might need to check out the juices that have the whole tobacco alkaloids for that.

E-juice just makes me feel stimulated and when I'm sober, that's fine but when drunk, well you know, I want that relaxed feel.

I'm not going to cry over it as I know what's important is the 80 I have NOT smoked in the past two weeks which equals 160 a month and 1,600 in ten months. That's fantastic and a good thing.

But when I have a booze buzz on, I need a ..., just cannot help it.

The way I see it I have a cpl of possible options

1. Chew snus and vape 0mg e-juice perhaps

2. Try Whole tobacco alkaloid extraction juices for when drinking.

3. really strong flavored tobacco e-juice with zero nic? I doubt this would work though.

I only drink once or twice a week but I need more than regular e-juice for those occasions.

What has worked for you?

Anyone can point me towards a good WTA juice vendor that ships to China and / or the UK, I would very much appreciate it.

Also any other things anyone with my situation has made work for them. Maybe really strong flavor tobacco juices with zero nic?

Sorry if it sounds like I'm spazzing out, if it comes down to I smoke 6 - 10 per week (about 3 - 5 each time I drink) down from 40 per week, then I can live with it tbh, but zero would be best of course.

Cheers.

HW

WattWick

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Feb 16, 2013
Cold Norway
Man 6mg makes me feel too stimulated, 24mg would be the reverse of what I need I think.

Or is it that such a high nic hit at 24mg makes it so you couldn't / wouldn't want a cigarette if you tried due to all the nic in your system?

Thanks for your reply

HW

Nicotine is quite peculiar in that regard. At low blood concentrations, it acts as a stimulant. At higher blood concenctrations, it acts as a relaxant. You may want to experiment with upping the nicotine while drinking.

My go-to flavor for beer drinking is Mom&Pops Tobacco Praze @18mg. I usually go with 12-15mg juices. Had a hard time drinking beer and vaping at first, but I've found that all it takes is experimenting a bit with nicotine content and flavors. You most likely don't want a sweet flavor... something more on the dry side works better for me.

Hotwire

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 20, 2010
England
Nicotine is quite peculiar in that regard. At low blood concentrations, it acts as a stimulant. At higher blood concenctrations, it acts as a relaxant. You may want to experiment with upping the nicotine while drinking.

My go-to flavor for beer drinking is Mom&Pops Tobacco Praze @18mg. I usually go with 12-15mg juices. Had a hard time drinking beer and vaping at first, but I've found that all it takes is experimenting a bit with nicotine content and flavors. You most likely don't want a sweet flavor... something more on the dry side works better for me.

Absolutely agreed about no sweets when drinking. Like em when sober though.

My fave tobacco juice and closest tbh I've come to an analogue (be ready to be surprised) is Dekang's 100%PG 'Camel.' Dry, bold, good th.

I order it at 6mg as I get insomnia even when I tried 11mg, but at their prices i guess i could get a 10ml bottle of it at the highest level and see what it does when I'm on the beer. WTA juices are expensive, I'm guessing?

Coastal Cowboy

This aggression will not stand, man!
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 13, 2013
Alabama Gulf Coast
www.ibleedcrimsonred.com
How do you not smoke when drinking alcohol? Well, don't drink alcohol. Simple. You people are soo worried about analogs killling you when that alcohol will kill you just as fast or even faster.

Not true, unless taken to excess. Study after peer reviewed study shows that moderate consumption of alcohol has numerous health benefits. Even pregnant women can have a glass of wine or two, even in late stages, with no ill effects to mom or fetus.

The dose always makes the poison.

I had a few cold beers last night while char-grilling a nice, thick and lean London Broil. I slayed a 1.6 ml tank full of a tobacco flavor @ 24mg and never even had the urge to light up.

Last edited:

Hotwire

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 20, 2010
England
So a few of you can confirm that 'upping' the nic content makes the analogue cravings go away when drinking?

It sounds paradoxical as only 6mg makes me stimulated, sober or drunk, but like I said, I can get Dekang (Live in Shanghai at the moment) camel, which I like really cheap, so could try that at little cost.

So it could be that I stovepipe some 24mg, which makes me feel nauseated to the point where having a cigarette would just be off-putting or not needed / too much? Does that make sense? Just overkill it with the nic...

Again, anyone experienced WTA's, also feel free to chime in.

Cheers

(Not drinking will not be an option, but thanks for the thought Malarky.)

Last edited:

Penn

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 19, 2013
In the wilderness
Seriously Hotwire? In another thread you spout about people not knowing the effects of certain chemicals in the brain and you aren't getting this?

Think about how at one dose nicotine will relax but as you change the dose it becomes a stimulant. Think about the very nature of how alcohol affects the brain. (I am assuming you know as much about these things as you purport to know in the other thread) Add to that your admission of your brain's function in regards to bipolar. Now think about how all of these things work together, along with your other meds.

Yes, upping the nicotine may work or lowering may work. But given your "issues" I'd say Malarky is right. You shouldn't be drinking.

Hotwire

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 20, 2010
England
Seriously Hotwire? In another thread you spout about people not knowing the effects of certain chemicals in the brain and you aren't getting this?Think about how at one dose nicotine will relax but as you change the dose it becomes a stimulant. Think about the very nature of how alcohol affects the brain. (I am assuming you know as much about these things as you purport to know in the other thread) Add to that your admission of your brain's function in regards to bipolar. Now think about how all of these things work together, along with your other meds.Yes, upping the nicotine may work or lowering may work. But given your "issues" I'd say Malarky is right. You shouldn't be drinking.

Yes seriously.

1. I am not going to not drink. Okay, that's done with. My personal choice, even my psychiatrist has silently approved my two pint max, I'm the lowest type of BP and on a very ow dose of meds. Cheers all the same.

2. Yes vaping at higher levels stimulates me more, I know this. I'm only thinking that if I vaped at a high enough level it might nauseate me in a sense and make the thought of an analogue pointless / disgusting.

3. Failing that, an obvious choice would be zero nic but very high flavor tobacco juice.

4. failing that, I could try the WTA.

5. Failing that, I just accept that when I drink I have a few fags and don't on the other 5 to 6 days a week and be happy with that, cigs not smoked 5 - 6 days a week is still good.

Just exploring options. I doubt the 24mg idea will work, it'll probably make me want to smoke a cig more as I'll need something to calm me like a smoke does, but I'm willing to try it once as the nausea theory sounds remote but possible, basically the high nic will overwhelm me and I'll not want a cig. Like I said I doubt it, but it's a possibility that overkill could work.

Or it could be the other 5% of the alkaloids and the MAOI's (yes I know my stuff) obviously having a real effect when being absent in the presence of alcohol.

It sucks because I much prefer vaping when sober. But I've been having alcohol and cigs together for 24 years, so it's a long relationship...

I can accept number 5 tbh, but will try higher nic, no nic and maybe WTA.

If they don't work, door number five it is, I guess.

Keep the constructive ideas coming!

Actually I have a bigger cravings for an analog during my morning coffee than when I'm drinking.

Now I'm vaping the thought of smoking in the daytime makes me repulsed, at least that's a good thing.

Last edited:

Rocketpunk

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 14, 2012
Dayton, Ohio
I enjoy drinking. I understand. I really do.

I resolved this issues three ways:

1) Power vape through the cravings. Just grab your ecig and vape HARD. Punch through the cravings.

2) Cigalikes. I went about things backwards. I got a 1000 mah passthrough as my first rig. Ended up getting five Volt batteries, a PCC, and blank cartridges to satisfy the need for a cig in my hands. Or mouth. Of course, I kept my handy dandy mod with me, but those Volts really shine when I NEED a cigalike.

3) Blank cartridges and Heather's Heavenly Vapes Purity tobacco line. Legend, Huntsman, and Dark Horse. If you're craving a real cig, load a fresh blank cartridge with these flavors. Did the trick.

But that's just me.

Bawn

ECF Veteran
Nov 18, 2011
boynton beach, FL
I get really sick when I vape and drink. I over vape so dam much that the next day I don't vape at All. My lungs feel like they have crushed and really hurt. The flavor I was using the night before makes sick to even look at it. I think I need to lower the nic for those drinking nights. 12mg is too much for binge vaping.

Penn

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 19, 2013
In the wilderness
Yes seriously.

1. I am not going to not drink. Okay, that's done with. My personal choice, even my psychiatrist has silently approved my two pint max, I'm the lowest type of BP and on a very ow dose of meds. Cheers all the same.

2. Yes vaping at higher levels stimulates me more, I know this. I'm only thinking that if I vaped at a high enough level it might nauseate me in a sense and make the thought of an analogue pointless / disgusting.

3. Failing that, an obvious choice would be zero nic but very high flavor tobacco juice.

4. failing that, I could try the WTA.

5. Failing that, I just accept that when I drink I have a few fags and don't on the other 5 to 6 days a week and be happy with that, cigs not smoked 5 - 6 days a week is still good.

Just exploring options. I doubt the 24mg idea will work, it'll probably make me want to smoke a cig more as I'll need something to calm me like a smoke does, but I'm willing to try it once as the nausea theory sounds remote but possible, basically the high nic will overwhelm me and I'll not want a cig. Like I said I doubt it, but it's a possibility that overkill could work.

Or it could be the other 5% of the alkaloids and the MAOI's (yes I know my stuff) obviously having a real effect when being absent in the presence of alcohol.

It sucks because I much prefer vaping when sober. But I've been having alcohol and cigs together for 24 years, so it's a long relationship...

I can accept number 5 tbh, but will try higher nic, no nic and maybe WTA.

If they don't work, door number five it is, I guess.

Keep the constructive ideas coming!

Now I'm vaping the thought of smoking in the daytime makes me repulsed, at least that's a good thing.

A whole bunch of meandering text will not dissuade me from the heart of the point I made. If you are indeed familiar with effects of different chemicals on the brain, you should be aware of interactions with multiple chemicals could have an effect you didn't expect AND how that is different in your brain from what happens in a the brain of a person that doesn't have bi-polar disorder.

BTW - you really shouldn't refer to having "fags" while drinking in a conversation with an American. LMAO

Edit - the only other thing I will add is the POSSIBLE psychological effect. You know it isn't really a traditional cigarette so the brain is messing with you.

Last edited:

Mad Scientist

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 11, 2013
Smokestack, PA, USA
You can try the juices which include WTAs but ... I usually vape 2.4% nic and often up it to 3.6% when I go out. I haven't craved a real cig since I started vaping. For me, the upped nic content for the night out gives me two positive effects: one, I get more nic; two, most bars don't want me vaping inside (their bar, their rules) so when I go out for a vape, anywhere from three to seven puffs gets the job done and I'm back inside.

If I vape 1.8%, I basically end up chain vaping, which just isn't for me. I want a nic hit I can feel and then I'm done for a while, just like a ciggy.

My suggestion is up your nic (way up) but treat it like a ciggy -- have a enjoyable vape, about the same number of puffs as you would get from a ciggy, and put it away for a while until the next one.

Thrasher

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 28, 2012
Madeira beach, Fla
There is no rule that says since you vape you are not allowed to smoke.

about twice a month my boss throws a BBQ at his house and smokes cigars, we slowly get drunk and sooner or later with all the aroma in the air i have a cig with all that rum. while i dont enjoy the taste of cigarettes anymore i just get the urge to smoke. when all is said and done on the ride home i go back to vaping.

a couple once in a while isnt going to lead you down the path of ruin. if you really want one just have one and think of all the good vaping is doing when you dont smoke. if your a heavy or long term smoker think of it this way, how long did it take before you felt crappy from smoking regularly? so a couple here and there isnt going to really bring your vaping success down

i think its cool that after 37 years of smoking 2 PAD i can have a couple cigs like that and wake up the next day feeling ok while i fire up my mod and still not want another smoke.

theres worse things in life to stress over, having a couple smokes with my drink isnt going to be one of them.

Hotwire

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 20, 2010
England
@Rocketpunk - yeah maybe, but still right before bed if I'm drunk or not entirely sober, I'll not want to vape as it will make it hard for me to sleep. Complicated huh? But yeah maybe powervaping really strong flavors low or zero nic could work.

@Thrasher, yeah I do think of the 40 or so I don't smoke a week even if I do have a few when drinking once or twice a week and how many that adds up to a month and then a year and yeah it doesn't have 'that bad' of an effect, two or three so cheers, that's a better way of looking at it, being a perfectionist isn't a great way to go through life...

@Penn, tbh it's probably highly likely the MAOI's or that and just that it's been such a long relationship and my inhibitions are lowered. As we know it could be and likely is not one single factor in isolation but a combination, chemical, psycological etc. But I think it is the other 5% - the MAOI's, as that cig I had just now (the second) felt like an angel massaging my soul. Not the taste or the th, just the chemical reaction - instant relaxation. That's why I'm interested in WTA as I read some reviews on here and people who tried them said they made them feel more relaxed than traditional e-juice.

I think that's my best bet. I know a guy who just chews a cigar without lighting it and he said the juice he gets in his mouth is enough, likely for him its the WTA too.

I know it's not the nic for me, I could care less for vape when I'm 'in my jars.'

Well I've come up with a few options through this thread and will try a few out.

All in all I think it will be either: WTA; zero nic but strong flavor; or just go with the flow.

I theorize snus plus vaping could do it, but that sounds like hassle, drinking beer, chewing snus and vaping lol.

Anyway, I'll try some of the suggestions and if they fail, I'll be in the same mind as Thrasher and accept if one wants a drink, one will want a smoke, it's all part of having 'a party' as the youngsters call it and one has to pay the price.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread