How Do You Pace Yourself

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kate51

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 27, 2009
Argyle Wi USA
Don't misunderstand, I am a BIG fan of JC juices, I find them very pleasant and will stick with them, I support US company BIG TIME. I feel they are trying to answer questions for me, but in the end it is up to ME to know what I am ingesting. In very simplistic terms, with 24mg strength fluid I am getting about 1.4mg of nicotine in every drop, so set a limit and stay within it. Or go down to a lower strength to be safe. I can't blow it now after swearing off (analog) cigarettes! And hopefully it is true, we are not absorbing the full dose available in the vapor.

taz3cat

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 2, 2008
Port Arthur, Texas
When we all of get all this self-control your talking about we will give up nicotine. I really think we will be safe from the OD on Nic if we don't drink it.

Most people get sick before they can smoke or vape enough to OD.

We need to vape enough of the stuff to keep us from wanting analogs. Some studies show were not getting that much nic when we vape, but all studies can be bias. My body tells me when I have vaped enough.

Data4

ECF Veteran
May 11, 2009
Tacoma, WA
I've found an easy way to pace myself that works a treat. Your mileage, of course, will vary. I've been using TW juice, and their large dropper makes dripping 1 drop in the atty roughly equivalent to an analog. So, I'll drip it and vape till I'm not pulling any vapor, then put it down for an hour or so-- roughly the same pace I used to smoke. It's great for monitoring juice use. At this rate, 1 30 ml bottle will give me at least two cartons' worth which makes my wallet sigh. Ever had your wallet sigh? It's a beautiful feeling. :D

-D4

Tallgirl1974

ECF Veteran
Apr 23, 2009
Loganville, Ga
I've found an easy way to pace myself that works a treat. Your mileage, of course, will vary. I've been using TW juice, and their large dropper makes dripping 1 drop in the atty roughly equivalent to an analog. So, I'll drip it and vape till I'm not pulling any vapor, then put it down for an hour or so-- roughly the same pace I used to smoke. It's great for monitoring juice use. At this rate, 1 30 ml bottle will give me at least two cartons' worth which makes my wallet sigh. Ever had your wallet sigh? It's a beautiful feeling. :D

-D4

All my wallet ever says is ouch.
30 ml will last me about that too- so I dont feel like I am over doing it now- whooohoooo!

tattooed

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 5, 2009
VA
I've actually noticed that once the initial novelty wore off, I'm really not taking near as many drags on my ecig as I once did on the analogs. I pick it up more often than I did analogs while at my desk here in the office but when I do I typically take no more than a few puffs and put it down. As the days go on, I notice its less and less. I once smoked 3 analogs before arriving at work, now I take about 3 drags of my ecig in the same distance/time.

Data4

ECF Veteran
May 11, 2009
Tacoma, WA
All my wallet ever says is ouch.
30 ml will last me about that too- so I dont feel like I am over doing it now- whooohoooo!

Slipping off topic for a second, I noticed your location and I have one question for you. WHEEEERE'S Loganville!? :D I hope I'm not being too vague. I'm a metro Atlanta native gone west. It's always nice to see other people from back home, even if online. :)

-D4

lrt73

Verified Member
Apr 6, 2009
Boston, MA
Hi All,

I've been vaping since Thursday. Today is the first day I haven't had an analog...thus far that is...I'm pretty sure I'm going out for one after I get off this conference call. Yes, I'm listening to them...great stuff. Anywho, after reading the entire thread I forgot how much nic I ordered. I knew it said med, but was sure of the level. It's 12mg, which I think that isn't too bad. I was good this morning, but I've been vaping since about 12 and it's now 3. On and off of course...I noticed that as long as I get a good throat hit about 6-8 times, I can put down the e-cig. When I don't get that, I keep vaping. I was thinking I needed more juice, so I kinda over filled my other e-cig. Hey, I'm learning. I'm going to order a third 901 or something else this week. But I'm going to stick to the 12mg nic juice and see what happens.

On a separate note, I've been searching for which e-cig has the largest cartridge...any ideas?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread