How Do You Pace Yourself

Status
Not open for further replies.

SABOTEUR

ECF Veteran
Mar 11, 2009
Baltimore MD USA
It would stand to reason that all people addicted to smoking would smoke "100s" or "extra length" cigarettes. Yet the same person who might immediately smoke one cigarette after another might consider "100s" too long.

Since we have no equivalent to "too long", we don't know what the hell to do.

We vape non-stop, unless...

...we learn new "psychological triggers" that signal our subconscious what "enough" means.

Dripping does that for me. Since I'm forced to physically stop to drip again (grab another cigarette), this effectively signals to me the beginning of a new session. Once I recognized that my "drip sessions" last about as long as my former smoking sessions, it was easy accept.

Once I associated vaping with something I was already familiar with, my perspective and behavior changed almost immediately. Breaking up my continual vaping into clearly defined vaping sessions makes it much easier for me to "just say no" to another session.

At least for right now.

Last edited:

bizzyb0t

ECF Veteran
Mar 13, 2009
Denver CO, USA
twitter.com
It would stand to reason that all people addicted to smoking would smoke "100s" or "extra length" cigarettes. Yet the same person who might immediately smoke one cigarette after another might consider "100s" too long.

Since we have no equivalent to "too long", we don't know what the hell to do.

We vape non-stop, unless...

...we learn new "psychological triggers" that signal our subconscious what "enough" means.

Dripping does that for me. Since I'm forced to physically stop to drip again (grab another cigarette), this effectively signals to me the beginning of a new session. Once I recognized that my sessions "between drips" last about as long as my former smoking sessions, it was easy accept.

Once I associated vaping with something I was already familiar with, my perspective and behavior changed almost immediately. Breaking up my continual vaping into clearly defined vaping sessions makes it much easier for me to "just say no" to another session.

At least for right now.

QFT

I've been adopting almost the same system. Dripping and when the vapor production drops, stopping. Seems to me that 2 drops of liquid is about equal to a cig, as far as puffs go. In the beginning though, I was vaping non-stop. I'm learning to pace myself now and pay more attention to how much I'm vaping. If I smoked as many cigarettes as I vape, I'd probably been dead already!

I vape 36mg and 24mg liquid cut in half with glycerin, so their 18mg and 12mg repsectively. I also have 18mg cut in half to 9mg and zero nic, so I'm trying to find my own system for balancing craving and OD'ing. I keep some 36mg and 24mg uncut liquid around for when I really get a nicotine craving.

Kate51

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 27, 2009
Argyle Wi USA
Just did a quick search, Professor Grody "sp" at UofC says that the average light cigarette contains 1.4mg nicotine. So in this light, I have been smoking about 84mg (analog) on an average day. Yes, that's three packs!!! So in light of this, I am currently using a little less nicotine, 68.5.......this makes a huge difference in how much I am ingesting. Plus, I am taking 200mg of Niacin every day, which is supposed to block neuron receptors from absorbing nicotine, so feel I am in good territory!! I've actually dropped my nicotine intake in a significant way, and hey, at 62 yrs old, after 44 years of smoking, I have dropped a whole lot of OTHER things that I didn't even know I was ingesting, so in light of all this, in closing, e-cigs ROCK!!!

yeah after reading all this I feel I've definitely upped my nicotine intake, 24mg go through about 3-5 carts (with my NPRO), but it could be more haven't really counted yet, I'll have to keep track of that. Sometimes I just do 2 or 3 drops on the atomizer and take a few puffs for fresh taste.

According to my figures, you are getting about 1.37mg (using 24mg liquid) per drop: The NPRO only can take 3-4 drops per cartridge, so at 24mg level it is the equivalent of about 5 cigarettes. Figures are approx, but close enough.

hey thanks for the estimate, I've been trying to figure it out but my math is so horrible (failed math every year and had to repeat it in summer school back in the days of school) I couldn't figure it out. So with whatever math you used and using the NPRO as a base (since it does only get about 3-4 drops in a cart) would 18mg liquid be closer to one cig per cart? I notice that most the time I get two uses out of one cart with the 24mg but would like to have it more like an actual cig intake just because I'm too nervous to get more even more addicted to nic than I already am. God I wish I could do the math haha.

MrTorben

Apr 15, 2009
Tampa, FL USA
the only actual ingredient list I have seen is the study mostly regarding the PG content from new Zealand, done with Ruyan product.

the pertinent part to mg content being:
the cart contains 1g(one gram) of liquid, the "16mg" cart contained

water: 40mg
alcohol: 50mg
PG: 888mg
Nicotine: 16mg
Flavor Base: 6mg
total:1000mg

link would have been here to the source but you can google it via "ruyan cartridge report"

Kate51

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 27, 2009
Argyle Wi USA
the only actual ingredient list I have seen is the study mostly regarding the PG content from new Zealand, done with Ruyan product.

the pertinent part to mg content being:
the cart contains 1g(one gram) of liquid, the "16mg" cart contained

water: 40mg
alcohol: 50mg
PG: 888mg
Nicotine: 16mg
Flavor Base: 6mg
total:1000mg

link would have been here to the source but you can google it via "ruyan cartridge report"
Thanks, that is the kind of stuff all suppliers should be doing......good reporting!

Dawnfox

ECF Veteran
Mar 20, 2009
KC, MO
I've decided I need to get some kind of handle on how much I'm vaping/consuming on an average day - I have NO idea! I'm bouncing from flavor to flavor at various mg levels. I just Googled for clicker counters (also called tally counters) and ended up getting one on ebay for $6, free shipping. I'm going to at least figure out how many times I'm taking a puff and convert that into an approximate equivalent of analogs per day. I'm in accounting....I can't help it....:oops: :cry:

Kate51

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 27, 2009
Argyle Wi USA
Look, people really need all the info we can get in the interest of not killing ourselves with OD nicotine. Mainly there is a short-circuit from vapor suppliers in fully disclosing their formula mixes, which makes sense, nobody wants to give away the store, but if they would just give out the per millileter amount of nicotine that would be great. I have written to all that I have done business, was told from Johnson Creek Juice that there was 24mg in my 30ml bottle, which I think was just an answer to get off my inquiries. Please let us in on what you find!!

A few years ago I was smoking 3 cartons of Marlboro reds a week. On more then one occasion I've given myself mild nicotine poisoning during this period, I have no idea what that averages out to nicotine intake, but I found that I was getting less and less with every cigarette.

So, I started wearing the patch and smoking, it helped a bit, the constant unhampered flow of nicotine made me at least pause between smokes.

I started the Ecig while smoking analogs, and doing SNUS, dropped the analogs, cut down on the SNUS, I am really not concerned with reaching the limits of the ecig. I smoke 36str pretty much all day long, driving, working, relaxing. I don't get a buzz, but I do feel like I've satisfied my craving. Will eventually start the step down but am in no rush.

Hehe, my buddies used to joke when I was in the army that if I was ever lung shot..... it'd seal itself up like fix-a-flat.

I have written to all that I have done business, was told from Johnson Creek Juice that there was 24mg in my 30ml bottle, which I think was just an answer to get off my inquiries.

DEFINITELY a BS answer! Assuming JC uses that off kilter Xmg\1.2mL, and that they were using 100% nicotine in their mix (they are not), 24str would give you 600mg of Nicotine, the actual Nicotine measurement would range from 240mg to 588mg depending on their supplier of nicotine. Yes, it's imported (or rather obtained from elsewhere then JC), one of the reasons they have that FDA registered logos, JC is not setup for extraction.

Pretty huge difference there, I would not assume that the actual strength of the solution they use would be relieved.

Last edited:

Kate51

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 27, 2009
Argyle Wi USA
DEFINITELY a BS answer! Assuming JC uses that off kilter Xmg\1.2mL, and that they were using 100% nicotine in their mix (they are not), 24str would give you 600mg of Nicotine, the actual Nicotine measurement would range from 240mg to 588mg depending on their supplier of nicotine. Yes, it's imported (or rather obtained from elsewhere then JC), one of the reasons they have that FDA registered logos, JC is not setup for extraction.

Pretty huge difference there, I would not assume that the actual strength of the solution they use would be relieved.
:confused:Just received back another reply, this from a different person, so will quote it for you, see what you think. Based on this, I have computed that there is 552mg of nicotine in my 30ml bottle. Everyone: DO SOME CHECKING If I were to drink 1/10 of that bottle, I would die. 60mg nicotine deadly. AS FOLLOWS:
Hello Kathy,

There is no easy way to answer this question. However, what we can say is, the average single cigarette (varies by brand) contains 8-13 mg of nicotine. Of that, our bodies usually only absorb about 1-2 mg per cigarette. So, for example, for our HIGH nicotine juice; our formula does not call for 24 mg in the ENTIRE bottle (30 ml bottle of high strength), but rather 24 mg per what we call "cartridge count". In other words, as 30 ml is roughly the equivalent of 23 e-cigarette cartridges, our 30 ml bottles contain enough nicotine to deliver 24 mg of nicotine in each of the "23 carts" = worth of liquid. Essentially, 24 mg of nicotine per 1.3 ml liquid. Hope this helps!

Johnson Creek Original Smoke Juice
Customer Support Team

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread