How I steep.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vyntex

May 7, 2012
North Carolina
Probably not the best way but its the only option I have available atm that isn't a hassle. I've done it for about a year with success. Normally I make 30ml bottles in the plastic bottles. I make sure the lid is tight and drop 1-3 bottles into a sock. Tie a knot in the sock all the way down where its tight. This keeps the lids from unscrewing and coming off. Throw into dryer with dry towels or clothes. After 60 min steep is finished. Depending on how much it needs to be steeped I do may 1-4 cycles. So far I have done this close to 50 times with no leakage or incident. For extra precaution you could put bottles in a ziplock then drop into sock. I haven't done that or felt the need to. This is of course until I can get a ultrasonic cleaner.

partyannimal

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 22, 2013
Near Jim Thorpe, PA, USA
I agree with dannyv45. Very unusual, but necessity IS the mother of invention lol. I've been using a massager just to mix them well. Doesn't work to steep them as fast/well as a UC, but I have noticed I get "steep changes" much quicker when I vibrate them a few times before leaving them alone to steep. Whatever works for ya!

I use my heating pad to hot/warm steep my juice. I put my newly purchased juice bottles in a small container in case of any inadvertent leaks and put the container loaded with my juices in my folded over heating pad. If I want a fast steep I set my heating pad on high for about ten minutes - medium fast 15 minutes - slow steep maybe 20 minutes. I have done it often enough to know the times especially when using plastic bottles because I think that heating plastic to very high temps will lead to some bad stuff leeching from the plastic into the juice. Sometimes during the steep I will remove the bottles and give them a good shake. Often after a steep I will remove the bottles and take off the lids and let them open to air for a few hours and shake and resteep them. Less muss and fuss than using water that may soak off the labels and safer than using a dryer that may damage the bottles and cause them to leak. But I like the shaking idea by using a dryer.

Last edited:

dannyv45

ECF DIY E-Liquid Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 12, 2013
New Jersey
www.e-cigarette-forum.com
There you go a heating pad will work. You could then go to one of those seedy motels that have the coin operated vibrating beds. I think I'll open up one of those places. We can call it a "steep and sleep" motel:) Thank god were not talking about seed steeping here. That would be just a little to perverted sounding a conversation.

Last edited:

LoveVanilla

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 23, 2013
Texas
There you go a heating pad will work. You could then go to one of those seedy motels that have the coin operated vibrating beds. I think I'll open up one of those places. We can call it a "steep and sleep" motel:) Thank god were not talking about seed steeping here. That would be just a little to perverted sounding a conversation.

"Steep and sleep", just too funny.... :LOL: Good, very good.

dannyv45

ECF DIY E-Liquid Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 12, 2013
New Jersey
I feel like I'm the only one who just puts his juice in a drawer for a week and waits it out.

"drawers", I'm not going there:)

Defination

1. drawers

The accepted pronounciation of "drawers", which refers to a males underwear or boxers.

Last edited:

dannyv45

ECF DIY E-Liquid Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 12, 2013
New Jersey
A woman has it made when it comes to steeping. They just need to put it between there breast. It keeps it at the right temperature, It gets shook when walking around, It's always at the ready when needed and it doesn't cost anything. The only downside is having to tell everyone to keep there hands off it:)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread