How Do I Use My New Ultrasonic Cleaner for Steeping

Status
Not open for further replies.

BobInSD

ECF Veteran
Jan 23, 2013
San Diego
My Ultrasonic cleaner arrived today. After unpacking it, and looking at my bottles of liquid, I have some questions.

Exactly how do i use this to steep?

1. Do the bottles have to be upright? If they do, can i run the thing without closing the lid?

2. Do I keep the plastic bin in, or take it out?

3. What's the best way to secure the "load"?

What I think I have straight is that the standard is a 3min. cycle, in hot water; then rinse and repeat, as necessary. Yes?

:glug:

glassmanoak

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Feb 17, 2012
Lafayette, La
Keep the bottles upright. You don't have to close the lid. Rubber band them together or band them to another heavy bottle so they don't float. Remember to make each bottle distinct. You can place each bottle in a seperate ziplock bag before you band them together. Make sure you have enough water, but not too much.

Read this thread and the Part II that preceded it
http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...ing-times-ultrasonic-cleaner-part-iii-17.html

BobInSD

ECF Veteran
Jan 23, 2013
San Diego
Thanks! Great ideas, all. I've already started, and I think some of my "off" tobacco juices may come around. I still think I might have to tweak them a bit; but this is definitely a step in the right direction.

I even cleaned some of the wife's jewelry... bonus!

Keep the bottles upright. You don't have to close the lid. Rubber band them together or band them to another heavy bottle so they don't float. Remember to make each bottle distinct. You can place each bottle in a seperate ziplock bag before you band them together. Make sure you have enough water, but not too much.

Read this thread and the Part II that preceded it
http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...ing-times-ultrasonic-cleaner-part-iii-17.html

windozehater

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 29, 2012
Nebraska
i made a grid with thick wire 10gauge electricians, with the hole (opening of the grid) just big enough for the bottle top to fit through. at the joints either give it a wrap or weave. take your pliers and bend down the end of the wire to match the contour of your cleaner. its basically a wire lid that secures your bottles from the top down.:2c:

glassmanoak

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Feb 17, 2012
Lafayette, La
And what flavor would that be? I think I may have it, since I went on a noob buying frenzy. :facepalm:

I'll bet this 100ml bottle of steeped M-Type that he's talking about M-Type! :p

You win the prize!! Type M is the worst about needing steeping. To me, until it's 5 weeks old, it is totally unvapable. After 5 weeks, it is delightful and satisfying.

BobInSD

ECF Veteran
Jan 23, 2013
San Diego
I'll bet this 100ml bottle of steeped M-Type that he's talking about M-Type! :p

Is that similar to TPA Red? Got in on last day of GP half off sale. Got Red, Flue Cured, and Black Honey here Monday. What, oh what shall I do with it? My new website lists my flavoring inventory. Now I need recipe suggestions.

BobInSD

ECF Veteran
Jan 23, 2013
San Diego
i made a grid with thick wire 10gauge electricians, with the hole (opening of the grid) just big enough for the bottle top to fit through. at the joints either give it a wrap or weave. take your pliers and bend down the end of the wire to match the contour of your cleaner. its basically a wire lid that secures your bottles from the top down.:2c:

Great idea! Once I standardize bottle size... Gota crazy noob mess.

vernhall

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 5, 2013
United States
What I do is secure the bottles in a small plastic container that fits inside the cleaner or secure them with a rubber-band - you can have more than one batch going at a time depending on the size of your cleaner. I don't bother removing the drip caps, but YMMV. Put the bottles in and add just enough water for them to begin to float. Start the machine - mine has a 3 min cycle and I run each batch of bottles thru at least 10 cycles. In my experience most are ready to vape right after you take them out though tobaccos may take a few extra cycles and still need a day or two of steeping...

Clovery

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 5, 2012
new jersey
Okay I've been wondering about this for months now, ever since I got an US cleaner... What happens if you stick your finger in the water while it's on??

My husband claims he did it, and being a curious person I've been tempted to a bunch of times... But he could be kidding and I don't want to get shocked lol. I imagine it would lock closed if it could shock you, right?

gazzatron

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
I don't think it would do much, Im sure its just vibrations set at high frequency so probably just a tingle

Okay I've been wondering about this for months now, ever since I got an US cleaner... What happens if you stick your finger in the water while it's on??

My husband claims he did it, and being a curious person I've been tempted to a bunch of times... But he could be kidding and I don't want to get shocked lol. I imagine it would lock closed if it could shock you, right?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread