my steeping method

Status
Not open for further replies.

gofastman

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2013
MN
I have discovered what works great for me. I have a US cleaner with programmable temp.
I mix a batch of juice, leave the cap off the bottle, set the heat to 65°C (149F) set the sonicator to run for 30 min.
When thats done, I cover the bottles and put the cover on the cleaner to prevent all the water in the cleaner from evaporating.
I let it sit overnight heater on/sonic off.
In the morning I uncover the bottles agan and run it for 2 or 3 more 30 ultrasonic cycles. POOF! perfectly steeped juice that is ready to vape!

dannyv45

ECF DIY E-Liquid Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 12, 2013
New Jersey
www.e-cigarette-forum.com
You might want to test your nicotine after steeping. I have read many times that temps. over 120F will degrade your nicotine.
Let us know if you test it and what the result is please.

I have tested the NIC content after a 150F steep and the steep had no effect on the NIC level. I think what you may be confusing is that high temperature will oxidize a mix faster and may introduce a harshness to the mix. This may be true with 18mg or higher mixes but I have not noticed a difference myself in my 18mg mixes. I think this would pose an issue for those that microwave or heat there mixes in excess of 150F.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread