How long did it take you to break even/start saving $$ ??

Status
Not open for further replies.

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Central GA
I look for the government to start taxing ejuice at the rate cigarettes are taxed. At least that's what the bill seems to hint at. If they do some research, they'll discover that the average user vapes about 3-5ml a day. That makes a 30ml bottle last, say, 10 days or less. A carton a week is average, so we might see the $10 a carton tax extend to a 30ml bottle of juice that costs anywhere from $8 to $15 now, depending on the supplier. I'd hate to see the price of a 30ml bottle go to $25.

carpedebass

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 10, 2011
The Alamo City
I look for the government to start taxing ejuice at the rate cigarettes are taxed. At least that's what the bill seems to hint at. If they do some research, they'll discover that the average user vapes about 3-5ml a day. That makes a 30ml bottle last, say, 10 days or less. A carton a week is average, so we might see the $10 a carton tax extend to a 30ml bottle of juice that costs anywhere from $8 to $15 now, depending on the supplier. I'd hate to see the price of a 30ml bottle go to $25.

More reasons to DIY. I just hope they don't start taxing niquid.

Baldr

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 14, 2011
Dallas, Tx
Recently purchased a couple mods though, so when I figure whether I prefer 3.7, 5, or 6 volts and the correct atomizer combination I plan to buy a wooden box mod with my preferred voltage capability

That sort of thing is why I plan on getting a Buzz Pro as my first mod. (Soon, hopefully.) VV means I can set whatever voltage I want. I expect to get two VV mods, because I'm a big believer in backups.

I'm probably ahead by $150, maybe $200 so far, after vaping for 3 months. However, at first, all I did was cut down on my cigs - I've only been off them for 5 days now, so I'm going to be saving a bit more from here out. And I'm pretty stocked up, with backups, lots of juice, etc. And I've found several juice flavors I like, and played around with nic levels (which I needed to do - it was right after I started using a higher nic juice that I was able to quit.) I bought a lot of juice, trying things out, that I didn't really like, so now that I know what I like, that should help a lot.

Over the next couple of months, I can probably buy a mod a month, replace whatever juice I use, and still come out ahead compared to what I was spending on cigs. And once I've bought a couple of mods, I expect I can save that money every month.

I was spending over 300 a month on cigs, so now that I'm off them, it should be fairly easy to come out ahead.

And, of course, that's just finances. The main thing is the health aspect, and not stinking up everything around me is a very nice bonus.

My investment in vaping, for everything up until today, is right about $300.00.
OK...I/we backslid on savings a bit, and ordered some stuff online, and bought some stuff brick-n-mortar.

Since I'm now including what my wife buys in my numbers, my savings just got cut about in half for a little while.

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
I was spending about $165/month on analogs.

With the exception on the month I bought a Provari, about $200, I have never come close to spending $165. And I bought WAY TOO MANY kits before I got my Provari.

Most months I spend about $60 between DIY e-Liquids and cartomizers, on average.

Nunnster

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 16, 2011
Tampa, Florida
Just went through my bank records just to be 100% sure. I bought my first ecig on July 20th. I slowed down from 2 pad to 1 pack every two days for about a month. Then a pack every 3-4 days for some of Aug. Then smoke free after that. According to the bank account I have spent 370 bucks on ecigs in that time. If I was smoking the same rate I was I would of spent ~ 800 bucks @ 5.25 a pack ~ 2 PAD (sometimes more, sometimes less). So yea, I have cut out more then half my costs. And now that I have a set up that I like I am just have juice and carto upkeep purchases. So now I am spending roughly 25 bucks on cartos for the month (15 cartos with a new carto every 2 days), and about 60 on juice. Compared to about 250 bucks a month on analogs I am seeing a great saving. Its good too because I am beyond broke lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread