Status
Not open for further replies.

Thunderball

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 5, 2013
Grayson, Georgia
Thats a question your gonna get alot of answers for.
Mine lasted maybe 3 to 5 days (and that was at a low volt usage like 3.5 to 3.7 volts on a 3.2 ohm carto)
Then again Ive had some burn out in a day or two.....and had some last a week or so.
Baditude swears his lasted around two weeks for the most part.
Bill's Majic vapor says he changes them daily.

Its also how long you can take it before you feel burnt is too burnt...... Ive had tobacco juice users think their cartos could go three weeks or more. Then again, some tobacco juices taste kinda burnt to me in the first place.

No good answer for you from me Im afraid. I vaped cartos quite a long time before I moved on.

Hard to say.

DreamWithin

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 15, 2012
New England
That is a tough question because of all of the variables.

^^^ this.

So many variables that will affect how long cartos or coil heads last: VG/PG ratio, voltage/resistance, air flow, flavoring compounds in your juice, etc. Depending on the juice I'm using, I typically get anywhere from 4-12ml of juice through a carto before I toss it. With the amount I vape in a day, that's only a couple of days at best

acka

ECF Veteran
Mar 11, 2014
Dublin, Ireland
How long is a piece of a string? Not being snarky but like all the above said, they'res just so many variables it's difficult to say.

But don't let that put you off. In my experience, PLENTY of carts have lasted incredibly long (say, nearly 30mls of juice) and they all go way longer than a regular clearo would before it needs a good dry burn/tank clean. I do sort of self-police them though, a lot of juice I just steer clear of putting in a cart - custards or just very dark colours sometimes - but that could be me being over cautious.

Really good pieces of equipment carts imo. I'd dread it if they were ever phased out. Try em and see, they're cheap enough.

spaceballsrules

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 6, 2011
North Carolina, USA
I don't measure carto or coil life by time, but rather, I measure how much juice I run through it. Also, the consistency, color, and flavor will affect the lifespan. Some dark juices that are VG heavy will kill a carto after 5ml, whereas other juices that are light in color and PG heavy will last for up to 30ml.

TheOnyxEgg

ECF Veteran
Jun 13, 2014
Minneapolis, MN, USA
I use LR Boge 2 hole or slotted carts in a tank with 50/50 juice. Run them at 4 - 4.2v for the most part.

As others have said I can usually get 15 - 20ml of juice through them before the taste starts to get off and the draw gets too tight. (For me this means that swapping back and forth between two cartotanks I only replace my carts once a month or so.)

Way easier and more consistent vape for me than clearomizers but it's all personal preference.

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Central GA
In a carto tank the carto never runs to empty. There's always more juice to vape and you don't get an out of juice burn on the coil as long as you keep it full.

If you use a carto as a standalone vape, you have to top it off every few minutes to prevent a dry burn from happening. Used by itself, a carto lasts me two or three days.

PatrickG

ECF Veteran
Jul 8, 2011
Indiana
I still vape boge 2.0's, untanked. I fill them, they taste great, I top them off a few times until the flavor starts to drop off. The process usually takes 2 days, 3 if I'm lucky or vaping a thin juice. Cartos are so cheap now that everyone is all enamored with the latest and greatest vape technology that comes out every few weeks, I have no problem filling, vaping, and discarding.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread