Status
Not open for further replies.

vapdivrr

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 8, 2012
sarasota,fl
This is honey pearry from "the vapor chef", it was mixed on 12/4/2013 and has been kept in my garage all this time. It's not that dark in there and its Florida. This juice is unbelievable in that the color hasn't really darkened, it still smells good, and tastes pretty darn good still....meanwhile I have other juices that went off in over a years time....the force is strong in this one...
15651470424314958848200033660351.jpg

vapdivrr

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 8, 2012
sarasota,fl
Man I wish 100 mls lasted me 6 weeks, I'm lucky if that lasts me 3 days
It's the nic content....although mtl, I still vape 24mg freebase juice which is warm and has one hell of a throat hit, so 2 pulls and I'm good for a while....I tried a 6mg juice once in a dripper , which had big air and tried big dtl power vaping and it was like , well nothing, like inhaling air. im sure if I continued, I would of vaped continuously all day. It's all good though whatever keeps us from smoking, that's the important thing

ppeeble

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 9, 2013
Poole UK
So far i've vaped eliquid over 4 years old. I'm not fussy.
The only thing that would stop me using expired eliquid would be the taste - i'm happy to state that expiry dates on eliquids are completely arbitrary and have never been tested. I would love someone to prove me wrong....

Ace80s

Jul 24, 2019
So far i've vaped eliquid over 4 years old. I'm not fussy.
The only thing that would stop me using expired eliquid would be the taste - i'm happy to state that expiry dates on eliquids are completely arbitrary and have never been tested. I would love someone to prove me wrong....
It is one of those "best by " and not "use by" situations. Food grade flavorings on their own are tested. Not sure if the have been tested in ejuice form. Most flavors will degrade with time. Many variables though. As far as the nicotine, I read somewhere that it also loses it potency over time but I really have no idea.

Spydro

Sindoyen
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 20, 2013
nowhither
I don’t think I’ve had any go bad in a year. But I keep mine in a cabinet away from the light and heat, and I diy so I know how old they are. I pitched one that looked and smelled funky, it was about 4 years old. Don’t have anything that aged right now.

Have had similar experiences. I DIY, don't use nicotine and almost everything is kept in dark cold storage. But I have flavor concentrates dating back over 6 years that have never been in cold storage, just in a dark cabinet but are still viable. And DIY one shots and seasonal DIY mixed joose over 3 that are as well. Occasionally a refill bottle out on my computer desk that is not used up for weeks will show some minor signs of color change but is still viable. It is rare when I toss anything for DIY out no matter how old it is. But I can't say the same for some premades I had from a couple of hyped vendors though. I had some still sealed unopened bottles in cold storage dating back 4-5 years that when opened had fouled out and was tossed in the trash.

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
I do NOT see the point in diluting "bad" juice in good. If a juice is bad, the likelihood it is bad for me would be greatly increased. I'm just not going to dilute "bad" juice into good for any rationale whatsoever.

Of course, I DIY so I'm not freaking out if I "lose" some juice.

Expiration dates are entirely arbitrary. My husband disagrees and PURGES our cabinets from time to time. I follow him around going "expiration dates don't matter! Give me that tin! Is it swollen? Is it dented! You are an idiot and WASTING our food!"

It doesn't help that like he buys in bulk, too. I am glad we are going to be a lot further from our nearest Costco.

Of course, you CAN take that too far. My mom has an egg holder for her fridge so she just stuffs the eggs in there. One time, I cracked one open to use and it was GREEN.

I was.... It was an amazing experience.

My mom woulda probably ate it anyway.

Anna

nala's mom

Jul 8, 2019
I have some e-juice that's one year old. Do you think it's still any good. Or should I discard it. It doesn't taste strange or anything. But it is past its expiration date. So is it any good? Thank you in advance for your considerations
I just posted note on this .. I've been told by my local 'dealer' that it is good for about a year or as long as it taste aok .

stratus.vaping

ECF Veteran
Sep 11, 2018
UK & much further East.
I once received a box of 5 years out of date 10ml various tobacco liquid (iirc they were 6mg) from a dealer, a mistake on their part. I didn't notice until I vaped it, and puked a little ... the taste was hard to describe ... something like a weak menthol ( no menthol in the liquid!) cig that had been left on a cowshed floor for 5 years to mature.

LaZeR

ECF Veteran
Aug 21, 2013
USA & Canada
I do NOT see the point in diluting "bad" juice in good. If a juice is bad, the likelihood it is bad for me would be greatly increased. I'm just not going to dilute "bad" juice into good for any rationale whatsoever. ...
"Bad Juice" or "spoiled" ~ ya just trash it, but agree there's a big difference between "bad" and "Expiry Date" (as per the label and personal taste).

Georgia Boy

ECF Veteran
Jun 28, 2019
Atlanta Georgia
I remember seeing on TV some canned food that was 60yrs old that was eaten, and did them no harm. The expiration dates are just a best by date, think they are going to put an expiration date of 2073 on it?

Andrew Zimmern Host TV's Bizzare Foods - 'If it looks goods, eat it'
Me Here - 'If it looks and smells good vape it'

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread