how long have you all been vaping for?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ions

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 16, 2013
Baltimore, Maryland, USA
Started way back in Dec 25 2007 when I received this as an Xmas gift :D it cost $38 at the time and amazingly still works till this day!

I'll break it out from time to time and give it a go. Oh, how far we've come since then!

ze2ydy9y.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Decimate

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 4, 2013
California
Been smoking cigarettes since I was 13, am now 23. I first saw an e-cigarette about 5 years ago and bought it, it was a cig-a-like called the ecig XOX. That thing was terrible and soon after using that went back to the analogs. Then about 8 months ago I was wanting to quit smoking so I was looking around the internet and got a "tornado tank" from totally wicked e-liquid and bought a bunch of juice from myfreedomsmokes.. both of which were terrible products and only helped me cut down on the cigarettes a little bit. I did more research and got a vivi nova tank for my tornado battery and some better juices and that helped a whole lot. I was barely smoking and knew if I found something just a little bit better I could quit all the way. So I did a lot of research and a couple months ago I bought an MVP2 and a protank 2. I like both products and havent had a cigarette for about a month and a half now (or whatever my sig says) and haven't looked back. Even when I'm out at the bar with some friends that smoke I don't get tempted :) So I guess I'm officially done with the stinkies

TL;DR been vaping for a few years, been vaping exclusively for almost 2 months

Susaz

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 8, 2009
Buenos Aires, Argentina
3 1/2 years for me. First week of vaping found me down to only 6 or 8 cigs a day. I continued for a long time smoking just after meals and with coffee. One day I decided to give them up and it was a non-event. I haven't looked back since then. Vaping is just a part of my life these days and I'm finding my health to be improved. I work out, ride the stationary bike, and can run the treadmill without wheezing. It's a miraculous way to get rid of the smokes without giving up the motions.

Same with me, started Jan 2009. In moments of intense stress I still smoke some. I can't give up the late night/early morning ones.

Tinkiegrrl

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 18, 2013
New York, NY
Almost 2 months for me, and I can't really see myself going back to smoking. After a few days of not having any cigarettes at all, I bummed one from my mother in law. It tasted like a burning tire. I can't believe I smoked a pack of them a day for 16 years. Even though this is really becoming a hobby to me, and it's something I enjoy a great deal, I'm still saving money! A pack of cigarettes here are $14 per pack. Between my husband and I, we typically smoked 3 to 4 packs per day. So, $14 times 3 times 7 days per week.... We spent a fortune on cigarettes. Aside from today, where I REALLY stocked on a lot of equipment, I've stayed in the green. Today, since I made out pretty well for Christmas, I spent a ton on different toppers to see what I liked, and back up batteries since my husband and I settled on devices we like and don't like to have to resort to our current back up, ego style, VV batteries. They're generic, and really I don't think they put out the kind of power that we set them to. We managed to quit smoking with them, but now that we're used to better equipment, we know how lousy they really were.

DC2

Tootie Puffer
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 21, 2009
San Diego
About 85% of smokers throw their butts out the car window(yes our friends lie) anyone ever see a vapor throw their stuff out the window? not only have you done yourself good but made the world less trashy, maybe not by you littering but by example,ty.
I high-beam anyone that throws their butts out the window.
And yes, I also did that when I was a smoker too.

I have a real problem with anyone that is so self-absorbed.
And I don't mind voicing my opinion by shining a little extra light on the situation.

Anjaffm

Dragon Lady
ECF Veteran
Sep 12, 2013
Germany
I have been vaping for two years now.

And no, I have never thrown my cigarette butts out of the car window.
I my home country, Germany, many people frown on such littering.
A younger friend of mine used to do that - to keep her car ashtray clean. Duh.... But my generation does not simply throw stuff out of a car window, in my country. We were taught not to do that.

DC2

Tootie Puffer
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 21, 2009
San Diego
And no, I have never thrown my cigarette butts out of the car window.
I my home country, Germany, many people frown on such littering.
When we went on our honeymoon many years ago, we traveled to many European countries.
During the Germany portion of our trip we went to Heidelberg, and Munich.

We also rented a car so we could drive (the autobahn) during our trip.
And we stayed at a hostel (Stahleck Castle) on the Rhine river too.

We found the people of Germany to be the kindest of any other country.
And the country to be the cleanest, safest, and overall the most enjoyable of any other country.

I would probably consider moving to Munich some day.
But driving through the Bonn region really had me wanting to visit there some day.

Maybe next time.
:)

WileECoyote

ECF Veteran
Dec 2, 2013
Woodbridge, VA, USA
www.zidrate.com
Since July so... about 5 months now. I occasionally pick up an analog though. My wife is still a smoker so that makes it tough. She tried the E route but it didn't stick. I'm trying dammit! I'm trying!

I feel your pain. My wife is smoking still. I am in the "lab" day and night furiously trying to make a flavor that will pull her away from the nasties. Everytime I find one, she decides to not like it. Dang it, the pull of the Newports is strong in this one. As far as me. I have only had 1/2 an analog and got sick. Then 1 puff from hers to see the flavor. Who would have thought, it tasted different than what I think her bambuzzled taste buds taste. CURSES! OK, done. Good job. My sig tells the rest of the story!

Myrany

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 14, 2013
Louisiana
Thank you very much, DC2! :wub:
Heidelberg is lovely - I attended Heidelberg University in the 1980s.

If you do travel to Germany, do look me up please. I am not far from a large international airport :)
... and NO throwing anything out of the car window in Germany, please :D

When I was 16 my parents took me to Europe. Dad took me to a beer garden in Heidelberg and got me totally carry me back to the hotel drunk. It was the first time I had ever had alcohol. I remember these enormous glass boots that you had to chug down with the whole room cheering and lots of singing. It was AMAZING.

Of the entire 27 country 64 day tour Heidelberg and Copenhagen are the 2 places I would happily return to if I ever got the chance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread