How many clicks to turn on/off most vape devices? Test Thread #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Solution
The voting is just for the OP to help them determine what others think is the best solution. Of course, that won't be helpful in all situations.

Yeah... I can see times that it May. And I can see Times when it Won't.

BTW - Do you see any Voting Buttons in this Thread? Which Post # did you Originally choose as a Solution?

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
And in the other thread I up voted you (UJ) and @zoiDman.

Did you guys get a notification, or something, for that?

I did get a Notification.

1661553139522.png

But Didn't really Understand it until I saw what you did.

Having a Questions section that points back to the Original Thread kinda makes sense. Not sure how well the Voting thing will work?

Reactions: ShowMeTwice

UncLeJunkLe

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Nov 29, 2010
    Clown World, USA

View attachment 979298

But Didn't really Understand it until I saw what you did.

Having a Questions section that points back to the Original Thread kinda makes sense. Not sure how well the Voting thing will work?

The voting is just for the OP to help them determine what others think is the best solution. Of course, that won't be helpful in all situations.

zoiDman

Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 16, 2010
    So-Cal

BTW - Do you see any Voting Buttons in this Thread? Which Post # did you Originally choose as a Solution?

Solution

ShowMeTwice

Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Jun 28, 2016
    The Forest
    I'm starting a new test Question thread just to learn when up/down voting comes into play. We don't know if marking solutions and unsolutioning (new word) them may have played a role with up/down voting. Right? Make sense?

What the heck, new forum SW so we might as well play!

As I recall from earlier today, when you replied to the Voopoo vmate question, when I read the thread shortly after you replied, I didn't see up/down voting at that time. It came along later. My memory could be off on that, (but I don't think so) and (but I still might be wrong on that).

Reactions: smacuser

UncLeJunkLe

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Nov 29, 2010
    Clown World, USA

1661553139522.png

It looks like you got the notification I got, which is just an upvote achievement notification. But did you get the other notification that said @ShowMeTwice upvoted your response and such and such thread with a link to the thread and the response? like this

UncLeJunkLe

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Nov 29, 2010
    Clown World, USA
    BTW - Do you see any Voting Buttons in this Thread?

No one else can see them either, that's what we are currently trying to figure out. I can see them in the other thread and so can @ShowMeTwice. Now you makes another.

I originally solutioned post #1, then unsolutioned that and solutioned post #2. I then unsolutioned post #2 as I want to see if the upvotes will show eventually and I don;t want the fact that a solution was picked to stop that fro happening if it indeed is gonna happen.

@ShowMeTwice says that the other thread did not have upvoting at first but they showed up later. You were the first to respond. DId yo usee upvote arrows the first time you visited that thread? I did.

UncLeJunkLe

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Nov 29, 2010
    Clown World, USA
    I'm starting a new test Question thread just to learn when up/down voting comes into play. We don't know if marking solutions and unsolutioning (new word) them may have played a role with up/down voting. Right? Make sense?

Great! I wanted to do that but didn't want to have 2 tests going myself.

zoiDman

Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 16, 2010
    So-Cal
    It looks like you got the notification I got, which is just an upvote achievement notification. But did you get the other notification that said @ShowMeTwice upvoted your response and such and such thread with a link to the thread and the response? like this

I Don't think I got that Alert . But the Alert might be Turn-Off in my profile. I made some changes to try and Stop getting an Alert every 5 Minutes say'n I had just Ascended to a Higher Level.

UncLeJunkLe

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Nov 29, 2010
    Clown World, USA
    The difference between both of our test threads and the real question thread is that that thread is posted in the Devices forum and mine and yours are posted in the General forum. I wonder if this has something to do with it. Could be upvoting for questions can be turned of/on per forum independently?

SO who wants to post a test question thread in the devices forum to test this out? :greengrin:

UncLeJunkLe

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Nov 29, 2010
    Clown World, USA
    It's been discovered on test thread #3 that up/down voting is very likely setting that can be turned off or on for questions threads specific to every forum. So it must be turned off in the general forum.

This thread served it's purpose as we all have an idea now how the questions feature works. You can close/delete now @classwife. Thanks.

classwife

Admin
    Admin
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    May 9, 2010
    Wesley Chapel, Florida
    It's been discovered on test thread #3 that up/down voting is very likely setting that can be turned off or on for questions threads specific to every forum. So it must be turned off in the general forum.

This thread served it's purpose as we all have an idea now how the questions feature works. You can close/delete now @classwife. Thanks.

Test Thread # 3

Test Tread #2

Closing :)

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread