Status
Not open for further replies.

sidetrack

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 1, 2011
among the sea shells
I have been DIYing for just under 2 months and I looked into the flavor box and thought, a bit crowded and I may have to get a bigger box, I wondered why. So, I made the grave mistake in counting them .....75! I couldn't believe it. Does this sound as crazy to you as it does to me?? The worst part is that about an hour prior to all this I was looking at MORE flavors. No wonder I haven't saved a single dime yet. How many DIY flavors do you have? At this rate thank heaven I am not into buying premixed juices, I would be in the poor house!:laugh:
Happy mixin'

Hoosier

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 26, 2010
Indiana
Um, I can't count that high. I have 4 drawers nearly full.

Don't expect to break even really. I enjoy the experimentation aspect too much. It is a hobby. (Better yet it is a hobby that I'm allowed to take time out of remodeling about half the house without grief because everyone would rather me be vaping than smoking.)

I know people are into this for the cost savings, but I do it to make my own juice and have fun.

Thank you I feel soooo much better.

I'm glad. The first step is admitting you have a problem, and the second is finding someone with a worse problem to justify your continued flavor binges.

Really though I'd like it if there was some sort of comparison, flavor by flavor, of the different options out there. It's hard to even track down via google a review of some flavors, and then you can end up misled. I love PA's pear flavor, then I found a review about FA pear "having the omn nom nom". Then I got it and it is kind of a crisp taste, but almost waxy/perfumey and no good (at least on its own and only IMO). I'm resigned to the fact that I am eventually going to own almost at least 4ml of everything out there.

Last edited:

5vz

ECF Veteran
Jan 19, 2011
in here somewhere USA
I am only at 45, but am planning on adding more! I made a list of all of the flavors so I could keep up with them, only thing is I did them by name brand and color of the liquid (ie. clear, yellowish, dark). I now need to alphabetize that list, or better yet, do one of apri's spread sheets. Except I would then want to add how the flavors tasted, what the prices are (I am a bargain hunter), where they were purchased, what they mix well with, and it goes on.

Guess I'll stick with buying and trying for now, unless apri wants to share any of her well organized info again on here somewhere. Hint, hint, and aprioristic sticky, lol! :p

I am only at 45, but am planning on adding more! I made a list of all of the flavors so I could keep up with them, only thing is I did them by name brand and color of the liquid (ie. clear, yellowish, dark). I now need to alphabetize that list, or better yet, do one of apri's spread sheets. Except I would then want to add how the flavors tasted, what the prices are (I am a bargain hunter), where they were purchased, what they mix well with, and it goes on.

Guess I'll stick with buying and trying for now, unless apri wants to share any of her well organized info again on here somewhere. Hint, hint, and aprioristic sticky, lol! :p

Sorry about the avatar but I am a guy. In terms of the deals spreadsheet, all you really need to know is a few places that are best ml/$.

OSDIYS: Good for a first order, buy stuff like a pipette pump, don't buy a "kit" from anywhere. Best deal on PA samples, just be careful about buying flavors that have changed formulation because I don't know if they update.

PA: better deal on larger sizes and wider/newer selection. Best deal on larger 4 oz bottles & PG/VG without buying a gallon at some other random place not intended for DIY (I think).

ecigexpress: Best deal (by far) on Flavour Art. You have to order 30ml but this is supposedly changing very soon. Competitive on the stuff PA has but they call it "signature". Has hardware.

Nicvape: easily the best value on nic IMO. Has Flavor West.

Liberty Flights: Oddball FA flavors that ecigexpress doesn't have.

TW: only place to get DV

I want to try seedmans, but can't justify doing DIY with Lorann/Bickford/Faerie Finest. I know Capella's is supposed to be tasty and very easy to just mix one flavor, but I haven't tried them. Ecigexpress is supposedly going to restock, though I have my worries about them and diacetyl or reliable quality from some posts I have read. I can't see any reason to order anywhere else, maybe I'm wrong or info is a little outdated though.

I have a list of flavors, but what we need is a vaping flavor wheel. Noting color isn't a bad idea, but I think it is more the premixed juice places like Johnson's Creek that put god knows what sticky stuff in their juices you have to worry about. A flavor by flavor testing is a good idea, but it is really hard to give good taste descriptors and even though I work on this sometimes I can't do better than "It's good."

Hoosier

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 26, 2010
Indiana
I decided to re-organize my drawers and while doing so I got curious and counted 368 flavors and 3 new ones on the way :?: . I desperately need a intervention :facepalm:

And THAT is why I refuse to count mine!

I'd miss that joy of, "Hey, when did I get this flavor? Cool, I'll mix some up and see what happens."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread