How many more posts until I can post in the VAMO sub-forum?

Status
Not open for further replies.

taymac54

Verified Member
Dec 19, 2012
Minnesota
So it says that I have posted 6 times, but I am still not allowed to post in the VAMO forum. I have decided to pull the trigger, I just have a few questions on where to get the V2 SS quick and on the cheap (probably not possible, I know). Do I need to reach a different post threshold? Sorry for the newb question. Still trying to get my bearings on this awesome forum that seems to eat hours of my day.

Dzaw

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 27, 2012
New Hampshire
I got mine through alibaba. Paid $57 shipped, kit included 2 18350 batteries, a charger, 2 fake vivi novas that work pretty good, but appear to take a different head than the vision product, and the vamo itself. I got mine in gunmetal, and couldn't be happier with it.

Just ask the vendors there for a sample price, and they're usually happy to sell you one sample.

taymac54

Verified Member
Dec 19, 2012
Minnesota
I got mine through alibaba. Paid $57 shipped, kit included 2 18350 batteries, a charger, 2 fake vivi novas that work pretty good, but appear to take a different head than the vision product, and the vamo itself. I got mine in gunmetal, and couldn't be happier with it.

Just ask the vendors there for a sample price, and they're usually happy to sell you one sample.

Dzaw, how long did it take to arrive? And are you sure its the Version 2? I've been all over the Vamo forum and they have made some upgrades to the original version and I would hate to end up with the somewhat defective original version. I've never really ordered anything from a wholesale overseas website so I'm a bit hesitant.

taymac54

Verified Member
Dec 19, 2012
Minnesota

Scottinboca

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 14, 2011
Planet Vapton
Sounds good, I don't understand it either. 15 posts is easy to do anyhow.
Scottinboca, I appreciate the advice, I guess I am just confused by the concept 5 to 15 posts getting me into "other forums" whereas 15 posts and above gets me into "all forums." I guess I'll just aim for the stars and get to that big 1 5 baby.

Dzaw

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 27, 2012
New Hampshire
Pretty sure it's a V2 after catching up on the vamo sub forum. It's got the metal buttons, remembers wattage after a battery change, doesn't blow up coils on first fire after switching resistance, and has a positive post gasket. Those appear to be the hallmarks of a v2 (from what I've read thus far).

I also was VERY hesitant to import it on my own, but after this experience, I will be much less so.

Excercise some Google fu on how to avoid scammers on alibaba. Look for verified gold suppliers that accept escrow and you've got a good start. I didn't escrow my payment, as the escrow system seems build more around subsequent volume orders.

The unit arrived via DHL, signature required, after 4 days.

I ordered 4 efest imr 1830 seperately from a US website just to be sure I had a good supply of batteries. The 'special lithium batteries' that cam with the unit are flat top 900 mAh bits, but in the Vamo, they seem to work just as well as the efest IMR 800 mAh batts.

taymac54

Verified Member
Dec 19, 2012
Minnesota
Sounds good, I don't understand it either. 15 posts is easy to do anyhow.

Says the guy with 3,454 posts. And you are very correct, 15 posts SHOULD be easy to do. I unfortunately suffer from mental ........; I go to post something simple, and 6 paragraphs later I am still ranting. I just can't stop it from coming out! I'll get there eventually though. Again, thanks for helping a newb in need.

Scottinboca

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 14, 2011
Planet Vapton
Why don't you go to healthcabin, they are a forum supplier over in China and they get stuff first.
Pretty sure it's a V2 after catching up on the vamo sub forum. It's got the metal buttons, remembers wattage after a battery change, doesn't blow up coils on first fire after switching resistance, and has a positive post gasket. Those appear to be the hallmarks of a v2 (from what I've read thus far).

I also was VERY hesitant to import it on my own, but after this experience, I will be much less so.

Excercise some Google fu on how to avoid scammers on alibaba. Look for verified gold suppliers that accept escrow and you've got a good start. I didn't escrow my payment, as the escrow system seems build more around subsequent volume orders.

I ordered 4 efest imr 1830 seperately from a US website just to be sure I had a good supply of batteries. The 'special lithium batteries' that cam with the unit are flat top 900 mAh bits, but in the Vamo, they seem to work just as well as the efest IMR 800 mAh batts.

taymac54

Verified Member
Dec 19, 2012
Minnesota

Reassuring advice to say the least, but if I have to exercise some sort of common sense when ordering, I may be in trouble. typing "Vamo" into the Alibaba website provides about a million results. I am scared. Any chance you want to shoot me a link to the supplier you got yours from?

taymac54

Verified Member
Dec 19, 2012
Minnesota
Why don't you go to healthcabin, they are a forum supplier over in China and they get stuff first.

I haven't figured out how to quote 2 different posts in 1 reply yet... but I will most likely end up going the HealthCabin route myself, unless I have a few cocktails and decided to get loose on Alibaba. I've literally spent probably 6 hours on the Vamo sub-forum reading reviews, tips, etc. looking for the best place to get it and at the best price. I tend to over-think these things. But HealthCabin has the SS version, seems to be V2, and I have yet to hear of anybody being scammed by them. But I have honestly 11 different tabs open in my Chrome browser right now of different vendors for the Vamo, batteries, and chargers. So many choices...

Scottinboca

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 14, 2011
Planet Vapton
Been there, done that! :lol:
Every time I look to buy something new I do the same thing. I also recommend you get verified so you can get onto the classifieds sub-forum. You can find good deals there sometimes and also do the co-op(group buy) thing to get products that aren't released yet or cheaper prices b/c it's wholesale.
I haven't figured out how to quote 2 different posts in 1 reply yet... but I will most likely end up going the HealthCabin route myself, unless I have a few cocktails and decided to get loose on Alibaba. I've literally spent probably 6 hours on the Vamo sub-forum reading reviews, tips, etc. looking for the best place to get it and at the best price. I tend to over-think these things. But HealthCabin has the SS version, seems to be V2, and I have yet to hear of anybody being scammed by them. But I have honestly 11 different tabs open in my Chrome browser right now of different vendors for the Vamo, batteries, and chargers. So many choices...

LessisMore

Oct 30, 2011
USA
I had a number of posts, but it's been awhile since I needed to check on something. I notice that none of my old posts exist anymore. Did the forum do a purge?

I had a question relating to this thread
http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/battery-issues/351505-unusual-ego-c-battery-issue.html as the same thing is happening to me, but I use the ego-c battery with a standard low res 510 atty. Is this an atty problem? Works with some of my batteries and not others. See above link for detail on exactly what started happening to me.

Also -- do the batteries just quit on you one day? What is the lifespan? I've had some of mine in use for 2 years and not experienced this problem. Thanks for any help. (I also buy new batteries, just in case.....)

Last edited:

taymac54

Verified Member
Dec 19, 2012
Minnesota
Been there, done that! :lol:
Every time I look to buy something new I do the same thing. I also recommend you get verified so you can get onto the classifieds sub-forum. You can find good deals there sometimes and also do the co-op(group buy) thing to get products that aren't released yet or cheaper prices b/c it's wholesale.

Well I'm glad I'm not alone. My brain is exploding with choices and information these days. I have officially reached my big 1 5, so yes, I might as well shoot for 20 and see how this whole co-op thing works. Sound advice yet again.

Scottinboca

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 14, 2011
Planet Vapton
Congrats, now your a "Full Member"!
Well I'm glad I'm not alone. My brain is exploding with choices and information these days. I have officially reached my big 1 5, so yes, I might as well shoot for 20 and see how this whole co-op thing works. Sound advice yet again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread