How many of you moved slowly to 0% with time?

Status
Not open for further replies.

tara81

ECF Veteran
Mar 13, 2014
canada
Besides my very few experiences with someone asking me to try their vape, i've always vaped 0 nicotine .. I quit vaping all the time but pick it up again. I don't need to vape, I just enjoy it.

I quit smoking 9 years ago on the patch and only started vaping 5 years ago . I remember the very first time I tried it, was 2 or 3 years after I quit smoking. My ex boyfriend was using a cigalike to quit, and I tried it and was like ... dayum this is just like a cigarette. I better not use it too much, I will want to smoke again ! I never read much about it and at the time it was very hard to get nicotine ejuice in canada so I never bothered with buying my own. Then fast forward 4 years and I was at a gas station and saw a disposable ecig with 0 nicotine (thats all they sell in canada I think) , and tried it was like wow this is awesome .. then the battery died ... like after an hour ... LOL .. So then i started researching ecigs.

Arch

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 18, 2014
United States
casaa.org
I've personally never gone out of my way to lower my nicotine levels. I've simply done it because what I'm using to vaporize juice holding said nicotine has changed and progressed. When I first started years ago, I was using those Ego pen-style vapes and ran 18mg nicotine in them. As time went on, it progressed to Protanks where I switched down to 12mg. Then, you got the sub-ohm tanks where I needed to drop down to 6mg. Now I'm using RDA's for the most part and lowered my nicotine to 3mg.

I doubt I'll go any lower than that.

cappy24

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 3, 2012
remsenburg new york
i started vaping 5 years ago at 18mg....i wasn't feeling well..kinda sluggish with no energy ..just wasn't feeling right...my doctor did some blood work and it was discovered that i had developed a blood disorder from the nicotine..i had to give two pints of blood every two weeks to thin out my blood...i went down to 3mg to see if that would work...however still had the blood disorder...two weeks after going down to 0mg my blood went back to normal...

Myk

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 1, 2009
IL, USA
i started vaping 5 years ago at 18mg....i wasn't feeling well..kinda sluggish with no energy ..just wasn't feeling right...my doctor did some blood work and it was discovered that i had developed a blood disorder from the nicotine..i had to give two pints of blood every two weeks to thin out my blood...i went down to 3mg to see if that would work...however still had the blood disorder...two weeks after going down to 0mg my blood went back to normal...

That is wild. I thought that was genetic. And that you didn't get it being a smoker.

NCC

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 14, 2010
Fla Panhandle, USA
I've skimmed some earlier replies and it looks as though I'm in a minority. Although I have gone down from my earlier 24mg, I've been steady at 18mg for at least six years. In the beginning I was terrified that I would fail in vaping and return to my 35-year, carton per week habit. In hindsight, it was really a groundless fear. But I just couldn't believe giving up cigarettes permanently would be so 'painless'.

I find 18mg is my happy zone. And since my doctor is happy with the results I see no motivation to reduce. She knows I used to be a pretty heavy smoker. Six months ago she commented my 64-year-old lungs were 'almost' as clear as if I had never smoked.

Of course I realize nicotine is not without risk, but the big boogyman is tar and smoke from combustion. So until and unless the nicotine becomes an issue I'll hold the same course. When I think about how much my health has improved since I quit smoking I'm amazed! It seem odd to ME that I stopped thinking of myself as a smoker very soon after I switched. Just maybe that wouldn't be the case if I started screwing around with the formula which has kept me happily smoke-free since I reduced something like six years ago. Not overly concerned in that area, but even less concerned about the effects of nicotine, for now at least. YMMV naturally.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread