How Many Times Have You Dropped Your PROVARI and Where?

Status
Not open for further replies.

meeems

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 4, 2011
Wisconsin
Crazy right?.... mine should totally be destroyed, like someone threw a stick of dynamite in it..and yet nothing'....i just dont get it...i'm confused....i've seen what happened to my Lavatube, before i got smart with a provari, it was dam right ugly', ...top came off, inners came popping out like one of those clowns in a box'.......i'm just plain shocked why i dont even have a scratch...you think the satin is more scratchproof than other types?

Just to chime in....

I've had mine for a year. And it's been concrete dropped about 6 times. Very very minor damage.

I'll post pics at some point. But it has exceeded my durability expectations by far.

SABOTEUR

ECF Veteran
Mar 11, 2009
Baltimore MD USA
Dropped my box mod(s) numerous times upon exiting my vehicle, but I've yet to do the same with my Provari. Something about it's weight serves as a constant reminder to be mindful concerning how I handle it.

Oh, it's tumbled from my desk onto the carpeted floor at work a couple times, and a couple low falls from a futon at home. Other than that I've done rather well.

About that fall into the toilet...I visualized something like that occurring. For that reason I make sure I holster my pv prior to standing up whenever I use the facilities.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B001EC3JME

Last edited:

spraintz

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 18, 2010
Dallas, TX
Woohoo!!! mad it my first full week on my new Provari without dropping it. Totally thought I would have by now;) Almost did whilst trying to put one of our foster dogs in her kennel but I made a matrix-style save before it hit the floor.

made this now, so hopefully I can keep it from getting damaged:
20120822_161517.jpg

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Central GA
I've dropped, threw, and knocked my ProVari over so many times I'm unable to count that high.

It takes a specific lighting to even see the word ProVari on it, but it still looks and performs well.

I have never dropped any of my cell phones. In fact I seldom drop anything else, but the ProVari is always so close, or in hand, that I forget it's there.

Mine's rolled out of the car onto concrete a couple of times. I've learned to grab it before I get out. There's one little tiny scratch on the extended battery cap that I have to hold it and roll it back and forth in the right light to detect, but nothing else. Satin finish stainless is a tough cookie!

Hoosier, your Provari name rubbing off made me curious. The brand name is supposed to be laser etched into the steel. That would create relief and make me think that they apply a little paint or stain and then rub it off to highlight the letters. I'm wondering if doing that would restore your brand on the Provari. Don't blame me if it doesn't work, but that's just my assumption if it's really laser etched. A magnifier might reveal more detail.

meeems

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 4, 2011
Wisconsin
Woah, thats wicked'....seriously lovin that, how did you do that??

Woohoo!!! mad it my first full week on my new Provari without dropping it. Totally thought I would have by now;) Almost did whilst trying to put one of our foster dogs in her kennel but I made a matrix-style save before it hit the floor.

20120822_161517.jpg

spraintz

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 18, 2010
Dallas, TX
Last edited:

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Central GA

20120822_161517.jpg

A bicycle hand grip! Ingenious! That sucker ought to bounce now ...

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Central GA
I vape 2 ohm cartos at 3.4v or thereabouts. If I have to increase the voltage, that means it's beginning to be time to change to a new carto.

3 ohm cartos I vape at 4.0v to 4.2v. I have never seen a need to go any higher with my 100%pg juices. I get heavy vapor and the taste I want. I'm not a warm vapor guy anyway. I didn't enjoy the last few tokes on a cigarette (close to the filter) when I smoked either.

meeems

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 4, 2011
Wisconsin

elgatoenelsombrero

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 1, 2012
Gautier, MS
Yeah I always had a habit of leaving things on my lap when I'm driving and getting out of my car only to have said item(s) fall out onto the concrete. I just knew that habit would translate over to my provari so I just kept on paying special attention and I didn't drop it for the longest time, but the dreaded day came when i got out of my car after getting home from work with my provari on my lap.. I felt a heaviness roll over on my thigh as I was getting out and instinctive reflexes kicked in and I happened to catch the provari on the way down on my shin and it rolled perfectly down my leg and over the curve of my lower leg/foot.. and it rolled off the tip of my foot gently onto the grass next to the driveway lol. I guess thats my only near-drop experience so far.

SABOTEUR

ECF Veteran
Mar 11, 2009
Baltimore MD USA
...I happened to catch the provari on the way down on my shin and it rolled perfectly down my leg and over the curve of my lower leg/foot.. and it rolled off the tip of my foot gently onto the grass next to the driveway lol. I guess thats my only near-drop experience so far.

Nicely done, my man!
BRAVO!

jpracing

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 20, 2011
Philippines
When you've dropped it with a trippy on, that will hurt more. ;)

Oh man. I can't tell you the amount of plastic drip tips I've broken from dropping my Provari/Vivi Nova tank. At least 7 or 8. I've dropped my Provari while getting out of my Suburban many times, as well as various other cars. It's a little beat up, but it soldiers on.

thinkingaboutit

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 13, 2012
mn
Ok...I sort of join this silly butterfingers club.

I was at a comedy club having drinks, feet on a chair. Provari resting between my crossed legs. I uncrossed my legs...bye bye pyrex tank :( The weight of the provari killed it...but that means the provari itself took no damage at all. I had a spare tank with me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread