How many times should I vape per day and for how long?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kcoen

Mar 2, 2014
Ohio
It seems like when I'm sitting around the house I actually vape more than I smoked at east I think I do anyway just easier to grab whatever device I have handy and take a few puffs rather than light up flick ashes and all that. I am fairly new to the vaping scene/hobby/lifestyle and really enjoying it. Didn't get along well with the cigarette look alikes for some reason but do well with the ego and clearomizer and pro tanks for on the go but have several atomizers Kayfun and kraken clones a couple of drippers and some mechanical mods that I enjoy using around home. It all boils down to what you like I guess I'm of really a cloud chaser but I do like to have a nice thick cloud funny how after you've vaped for a while how little smoke a real cig. puts out. I think you just need to try different set ups until you find what works for you. I use 18 mg and 12 mg 100% vg juice mostly I vape to much for 24 mg juice it gives me a headache lol.

Last edited:

PeppermintPatty

ECF Veteran
Feb 4, 2014
California
I smoked around 20 cigarettes today and have just purchased a 16mg high strength cartridge for a basic e cig.

Couple of questions.

- How many pulls on the e-cig would constitute smoking an analogue cigarette? Do I need to vape more?
- Is anyone aware of any disposable e cigs with zero nicotine and funky flavours? Starting on the high strength but keen to reduce it.
- Are there any side effects from just using nicotine free cartridges?
- What brand of vaper would you recommend for maximum vape?

Thanks

Rob

To answer your question about the flavored disposables, the answer is yes, and they are really more like the hookah pens or shisha pens. They make many flavors and most have no nicotine. They are pretty popular on ebay. I used them (still do occasionally), but I vape for fun only, I was never a smoker. Even I, have found it is much cheaper and more fun to buy no nic e juices of my choice and fill my own cartridges. As a smoker trying to quit, if I were you, I would read carefully the advice these good people have given. I personally think that you will really benefit from experimenting with different concentrations of nicotine, and flavors of e juice, and you will need a decent set-up to do that. I personally use "cig a likes" and fill my own cartrdges, but I do not vape as much as many on here. There have been some excellent suggestions of vaping equipment for you to start out with, do some more research and check out more of the info available here before you decide. The hookah pens are mostly appealing for young people wanting to do vape tricks, IME. For an adult trying to quit smoking, they are probably a waste of money.

Mutescream

ECF Veteran
Jan 23, 2014
Florida, USA
To expand on what others have said, and provide my own take on it... You are going to probably vape a lot more in the beginning.

There is a learning curve to this, which can suck a bit... You won't get the most out of it, until you get your "technique" down... It won't hit you as fast, as hard, give you the most taste, and you just might end up with some e-juice in your mouth, in the quest to get it down.

Should you take the time to learn how to vape properly, it is awesome. Better taste, you'll smell better to those around you, and in my opinion a cleaner buzz.

So how much you should vape is really dependent on what your body needs to stave off the paper tubes, and limited by when your body starts to react poorly to it. It seems like everyone experiences nic od a bit differently, but it seems pretty agreed that there is nothing subtle about it.

Everyone is going to recommend their favorite gear. I try to recommend something a bit more realistic. Get a couple passthrough 650mah ego batteries, and a clearo tank of each basic type. For the tanks, I recommend iclear16 no "b" after it, make sure you can see wicks in it), a kanger mt3, and a cheapo smoktech dct carto tank. Each of those tanks should cost $10 or less.

Once you figure out what works best for you, come back and ask questions. Also search out vaping techniques. The disposable "cigalikes", while perhaps being aesthetically familiar/convenient, are expenive in the long run and won't give anywhere near the best vape.

coalyard

ECF Veteran
Feb 20, 2014
Rome, NY, USA
I smoked around 20 cigarettes today and have just purchased a 16mg high strength cartridge for a basic e cig.

Couple of questions.

- How many pulls on the e-cig would constitute smoking an analogue cigarette? Do I need to vape more?
- Is anyone aware of any disposable e cigs with zero nicotine and funky flavours? Starting on the high strength but keen to reduce it.
- Are there any side effects from just using nicotine free cartridges?
- What brand of vaper would you recommend for maximum vape?

Thanks

Rob

Rob, you are kinda over thinking the whole thing. If your goal is to quit smoking, then vape as much as necessary for you to get your nicotine. It is most certainly better than picking up a cigarette. As to getting "maximum vape", there are many avenues for you to explore. Read these forums and ask questions. There are a lot of good folks here with a lot of knowledge who will be happy to share that with you. Basic e-cigs are only a beginning. Do yourself a favor, and research, take it slow. You will eventually discover what makes you satisfied.

I began with a cheapo starter kit, and pi**ed away a lot of money before I got into what did the job for me. I now have a VMAX and VTR mod, and several clearomizers. I started rebuilding coils, so my next step will probably be in the direction of a rebuildable tank atomizer; you may find something different. I enjoy fiddling with things, and I have the time to do so.

Find a vape shop if you have one nearby in the UK. You can look at equipment, and probably try some e-liquids, sometimes try a device as well. I have found that not only does vaping take care of my nicotine craving, but it is also a very neat hobby. Welcome, and good luck!

k75srider

ECF Veteran
Mar 9, 2014
Stevens Point WI
I started the way you did but after 2weeks I bought a itaste mvp. Wished I would of saved a few bucks and bought the mvp from the start. I have nothing bad 2say about it. My problem is that I love gagets and will probley get more into mods. 24 mils was more then enough for me to quit cigs, but I had weaned myself down to less then half a pack of american spirts a day before Iquit. Stay the course, cigs suck!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread