How many who have never smoked analog cigarettes are vaping like me?

Status
Not open for further replies.

metalmancpa

Aug 27, 2013
MA
My wife quit analogs thanks to stumbling upon Volcano Ecigs years ago. I decided I wanted to try for the flavor. I consider vaping like a snack. Find some good flavors, and vape sitting at my desk at work, driving, etc. I do the 0mg liquids, so I think of my vaping no different than chewing gum or popping a Lifesaver or a Tic Tac.

So is there anyone else out there who's vaping not to try quitting analogs?

SissySpike

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 1, 2012
San Diego CA
My wife Vapes chocolate 0 nic the real stuff gives her a migraine
My wife quit analogs thanks to stumbling upon Volcano Ecigs years ago. I decided I wanted to try for the flavor. I consider vaping like a snack. Find some good flavors, and vape sitting at my desk at work, driving, etc. I do the 0mg liquids, so I think of my vaping no different than chewing gum or popping a Lifesaver or a Tic Tac.

So is there anyone else out there who's vaping not to try quitting analogs?

The family that vapes together stays together

New2Smoking

Aug 6, 2013
Newark, NJ
Me...i was not an analog smoker ever.

My friends would do hookah and i would too about once or twice a month. A few years later a friend showed me his ecigarrettes and i tried them and liked them.

Then i did my research to see what was going on exactly in the ecig to delivery nicotine to me. It didn't sound too bad if really is just PG, VG, and nicotine.

Pure nicotine itself isn't even 100% healthy, but it's not too bad if you limit yourself. I realize the effect that heavy nicotine use can have on your dopamine system and reward pathways though, in that it can change your stat quo so that your baseline is lower than what it should be so eventually you just smoke to get back up to baseline. So i am limiting myself to every other day and maybe 10 puffs at a time.

supermarket

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 2, 2010
Near Atlanta, Georgia, US of A
I have a question metalmancpa (for some reason I'm having trouble with the "Reply with Quote" button). Since you didn't smoke cigarettes, do you ever use e-liquid with nicotine in it?

What about others who never used cigarettes, but now vape. Do you guys ever use nicotine? I'd imagine most probably wouldn't....but I have no idea.....personally I LOVE nicotine, and considering it isn't the harmful part of cigarettes, I wonder if most choose to opt out the nicotine, or use it (those who never smoked cigarettes).

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
I took up vaping to be able to successfully quit cigarettes 1 1/2 years ago. I would allow my college age daughter (non-smoker) to "sample" my new flavors. She and her older brother have the same group of friends, most of them smokers, and they occassionally go to a hookah bar to socialize. They even invited me for Father's Day.

Anyway, my daughter asked for her own mod setup for her birthday 3 months ago because she liked the flavors, it helped her to relax, and gave her something to do when her friends smoked. I got her a couple of BB mods, batteries & charger, some iClear 30 clearomizers and a couple of bottles of 0 nig e-liquid in the flavors she requested. Since she's been vaping, a few of her friends and boyfriend (smoker) have gotten their own e-cigs and are using them primarily to eventually quit smoking.

Even her mother (divorced from me & remarried) is getting into the act. She is a closet 1/2 ppd smoker. When out of cigarettes at home, she would "steal" one of my daughter's BB until she could get more smokes. Since I had won an Innokin iTaste MVP, I made her an offer that she could have it if she used it to seriously try to quit smoking. She agreed, and I set her up with some clearos and some of my 12mg juice. The deal is if she's not successful, or at least doesn't use it, I get it back. She's had it for a couple of weeks and I haven't gotten an update on her progress, but she told me she is using it and even showed it to people at work, who are also interested in getting their own now.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread