How much better is vaping with a vv mod?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nate854

Verified Member
Jan 11, 2012
New Hampshire
Got an Ego-T start up kit with the 900MaH battery a few weeks ago. The tanks are cool, a little messy, I wasn't thrilled with it but it wasn't a complete fail and it stopped my 15 yr pack a day Newport habit dead in it's tracks :) I picked up some Boge LR 2.0 cartos and some juice from Pink Spot and vaping got so much better. I think I found the sweet spot for me personally.

My question is, will it be that much better if I bought a Lava Tube or similar vv? I don't want to miss out on an even better vaping experience but I don't want to shell out $80+ bucks for something that will only be a minor improvement.

I guess I'm wondering if I put the Boge 2.0 cartos on a Lava Tube and set it at 3.7, will it be the same vape as my ego-T? Or if I put 3.0 cartos on the Lava Tube at a higher volt would it be better than what I have now?

Thanks!

whatitstrue

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 16, 2011
Phoenix, AZ.
Short answer vv is WAY better! Its not just the volt control, its the fact that its regulated (cosistant). So whatever voltage you set it at it stays at that voltage till the batt runs down. You dont get the gradual loss of volts you get with a standard fixed voltage batt that is unregulated as the batt drains.

First vape is as good as the last.

mwa102464

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Oct 14, 2009
Outside of the Philadelphia Burbs, NJ & Fla
Nate854,

By leaps and bounds Brutha leaps and bounds, seeing most Carto's and Atty's are built to a spec of + or - .2 it makes a difference, it also makes a difference with all the new Atty's and cartos that are always coming out these days to be able to have the VV,,,, You have a much better chance of hitting your sweet spot ( ALL THE TIME ) compared to some of the time.!

kabonk

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 1, 2010
NW Detroit Burbs
this is very true and what I like the most about VV however it's not true for the lava tube it doesn't hold it's voltage well at higher voltages as the battery drains but it is an inexpensive device and might not be a deal breaker for most
Short answer vv is WAY better! Its not just the volt control, its the fact that its regulated (cosistant). So whatever voltage you set it at it stays at that voltage till the batt runs down. You dont get the gradual loss of volts you get with a standard fixed voltage batt that is unregulated as the batt drains.

First vape is as good as the last.

hairball

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 17, 2010
Other Places
you misunderstand me the lava tube doesn't hold it voltage as the battery drains

It also doesn't hold it's voltage if it "thinks" it should be set at something other than what you set it at. Here's an example: a dual coil cartomizer set at 5V...the LT won't let you do it...it self regulates down to 3.7ish volts. It's the worst VV mod to hit the market.

whatitstrue

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 16, 2011
Phoenix, AZ.
I posted before I read that. What mod will hold it's voltage then? And at what voltage does LT diminish? Anything above 3.7 or like 5-6 volts? (which I probably wouldn't go that high I don't think)

There are tons of good vv devices. To many to name, but here are a couple of the most popular. Provari, Darwin, buzz pro and madvapes has a cheap under $50 vv box mod that is ok to start out with among others.

apluscopy

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 3, 2012
Southern CA
I use a MyGo VV PV (same as the Lavatube) and the voltage does stay constant as the battery drains. Depending on how much I vape-usually a lot, I can get at least a good day from the battery. I vape with atty's, cartos and tanks and the ability to adjust the voltage to each is a wonderful thing! The Ego is a great system, but if you go VV you will have a hard time going back!

mwa102464

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Oct 14, 2009
Outside of the Philadelphia Burbs, NJ & Fla
you misunderstand me the lava tube doesn't hold it voltage as the battery drains

As advertised it does = Regulated output which keeps the voltage the same with each puff - regardless of your remaining battery power. As the battery drains, the device will keep the voltage consistent.

whatitstrue

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 16, 2011
Phoenix, AZ.
Nate the VV Reo will also be coming out soon too ! Juice, Batts, VV, all in one unit, will be a nice Mod using the same electronics the Buzz uses. just a thought, Buzz pro will do ya if ya want just the tube though.

mwa102464 your supposed to keep that a secret till after I get one! :facepalm:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread