How much better is vaping with a vv mod?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TonyTT

ECF Veteran
Dec 12, 2011
Ottawa
Trust me guys, I usually go for the most bad ... of anything when I jump into a new "thing" but paying $250 for a mod is not on my radar right now. Money isn't an issue but I'm not trying to be hardcore so soon lol, you guys seem like veterans.

I enjoy my eGO-T with LR boge cartos but I'm just looking for something to give me a little more flavor/warmth in my juices and figured any vv mod will work as long as it's put together well and not a pos. Thank you all for the feedback, will read and read more over the replies.

I joined a month ago...just saying...:)...

wv2win

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Feb 10, 2009
GA by way of WV
Yes VV is nice to have at times. Is it necessary, NO. For most people the best vape in the house is still going to be in the 3.7-4.2v range..........

Really. You know what most people think? Is that based on solid statistically polling? You know that most people have vaped over 4.2v and then went back to 3.7 volts? I won't be as presumptuous as you and state for a fact what most people prefer. I do know from polls on this and other vaping sites that 4.5 volts - 5.0 volts has been shown to be the "sweet spot" for vaping by many.

One prime area you forget is that smoking was the ultimate in consistency. One cigarette, to the next to the next pack was very consistent. One of the big problems in vaping due to many factors but one big factor being battery drain, is a lack of consistency. Only those VV and VW models that are regulated and have technology like boost cirucit technology come close to providing the consistency one found with smoking. And this is one of the additional advantages to using a better VV or VW model.

Last edited:

mafig

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 18, 2011
malaysia
It also doesn't hold it's voltage if it "thinks" it should be set at something other than what you set it at. Here's an example: a dual coil cartomizer set at 5V...the LT won't let you do it...it self regulates down to 3.7ish volts. It's the worst VV mod to hit the market.

i always wanted a lavatube,since reading about troublesome lavatube i no longer want one but hairball's review that the lavatube is regulated is not what i would like in VV ..but will convert all my batteries to VV eGo (variable voltages,3 settings 3.2,3.7 and 4.2V)..as this will permit me to vape cartomizers from 1.5 ohms to 3 ohms..take the guess work out of ohms and even mAh..i only now use 650 mAh VV eGo(can see when the battery is fully charged(all 5 bars lits up)..so when in a rush to go out i pick up a fully charged battery(or 2),a bottle of my fav e-liquid..and i am sure to vape non stop till i get home..happy vaping every1..regards mafig ps always have extras in backup and i use 4 setups of different favs & mg of e-liquids,daily

Picture007-1.jpg

Picture001-1.jpg

my setups on 4 e-cigs,i tried the durian flavor..it is awful..the taste & smell lingers forever :(

Last edited:

Cardslinger

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 15, 2011
Sanford, Fl
Another avenue to look at is a mod like the Magaladon "The Don" it can be set at 3.7v, 5v, 6v just by incerting the correct battery for what you want and the cost is a LOT less then a Provari or other high end mod.
I did try the vv route & found I never used the high end settings cause they were just way to much for me. The juices I like work very well at 3.7 or 5v so I didnt need anymore then that.
That has been my experience and as everyone has different needs/tastes what works for me might not work for you. That said the Don sells for $105 from Electronicstick or a full kit for $127 including batts & charger.
Good luck in your search for the perfect vape & let us know how it's going

coxy_ja

Jan 28, 2012
Montreal
I haven't had any issues so far with my lavatube. Using 3.0 carto in a tank. I found the sweet spot for myself to be between 4.7 and 5V. Best thing about the lavatube is that it gives you an afordable way to find out if VV Vaping is for you :vapor:

X2 I love my lava tube. It helped me discover that it is for me!

urahara

Verified Member
Jan 26, 2012
Patra,Greece
I am vaping with provari and I was getting at 3,6V a very taster puff than with EGO at 4V.
What made the difference is the regulator the provari had. 3,6 volts is 3,6 volts and with an LR of 1,4Ohms gives you a steady vapor.

With the EGO on the other hand when I was trying to vape, the high current was dropping the voltage in the atty far lower and the vapor was weak. A smart device,a regulator in the VV makes a great difference

tj99959

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
  • Aug 13, 2011
    utah
    Really. You know what most people think? Is that based on solid statistically polling? You know that most people have vaped over 4.2v and then went back to 3.7 volts? I won't be as presumptuous as you and state for a fact what most people prefer. I do know from polls on this and other vaping sites that 4.5 volts - 5.0 volts has been shown to be the "sweet spot" for vaping by many.

One prime area you forget is that smoking was the ultimate in consistency. One cigarette, to the next to the next pack was very consistent. One of the big problems in vaping due to many factors but one big factor being battery drain, is a lack of consistency. Only those VV and VW models that are regulated and have technology like boost cirucit technology come close to providing the consistency one found with smoking. And this is one of the additional advantages to using a better VV or VW model.

Since you still want to piss in everyone's boot who has the audacity to ever disagree with you, yes I have spent a great deal of time finding out how others vape.
    Interestingly enough, the vast majority vape between 6 and 8 watts, which can be done at almost any voltage.
    And yes, the stats on how people vape have been documented and published.

Last edited:

wv2win

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Feb 10, 2009
    GA by way of WV
    Since you still want to piss in everyone's boot who has the audacity to ever disagree with you, yes I have spent a great deal of time finding out how others vape.
    Interestingly enough, the vast majority vape between 6 and 8 watts, which can be done at almost any voltage.
    And yes, the stats on how people vape have been documented and published.

The polls on this and other vaping sites clearly disagree with your conclusions. There appears to be a large contingent of vapers based on that polling who prefer vaping at 4.5 volts - 5.0 volts or 7.5 watts to 8.5 watts. They also clearly prefer the consistency provided by the power regulated and boost circuit technology used in many of the VV/VW PV models. I'm sure there are some who like cool vapor and don't mind the decreasing performance of draining batteries. But there are enough posts exclaiming the positive surprise and the increased satisfaction from the warmer vapor and consistency of better models to see why these models are so popular even at a higher cost.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread