How much e-juice in your personal stock

Status
Not open for further replies.

CharlieBrown

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 7, 2012
Austin, TX
I both DIY, and buy commercial. I have about 800ml/base, enough nic for twice that, and enough flavorings for much more. Plus I have about 800ml of commercial in various strengths, also refrigerated. I give a lot of juice to my employees though. I'll vape ~15 different flavors in a day, love the variety. Buying the commercial stuff gives me lots of DIY ideas, but I don't think I'll buy any more DIY stuff. Buying good commercial in quantity is getting cheaper and DIY isn't as fun, or satisfying, as I had hoped. I buy my commercial from AIV and from Ahlusion, and especially with Ahlusion, just can't DIY juice as good as that.

I agree with you 100% on the brew that the commercial folks come up with...especially if we like a variety of flavors. Its pretty hard to compete with unless brewing was my main job.

BWhare

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 13, 2012
Indiana
At present, I've got over a gallon each of PG & VG, perhaps a liter of 100 mg nicotine and a few one ounce bottles of flavor to play with. Yesterday I was curious and calculated the cost of each ingredient down to the ml. Then I added it all up to compare costs.
A 15 ml bottle of juice from the local shop cost $10.99 plus tax.
15 ml of my home brew, after tax and shipping was included cost a whopping $0.58 give or take a penny.
I may not be making the best juice in the world but the savings seem, to me at least, justified.

Robino1

Resting in Peace
ECF Veteran
Sep 7, 2012
Treasure Coast, Florida
Congrats on your thousandth post! I know exactly what you mean in trying to calculate shipping, steeping, and evaluating. Should I get a big bottle or small bottle, yada...yada?? And sucks when the juice hasn't steeped long enough when you've run out of everything else.

Thanks! :)

If you find the juices you like, it makes it easier to vape them before they are at their peak. Also, you learn the vendors ship times that we have to factor into the whole equation. :lol:

Iffy

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 3, 2011
Florida Suncoast
At one point I had over four gallons of DIY 'fixings'. Now... maybe 3.5 due to mixing for myself, some of my v-verts and a few PIFs. Gawd help me and my buds if I ever run out of fav flavs. I've got some really nasty flavs here for da post-Mayan calendar survivors!

MayanCalendarCartoon.jpg

Last edited:

CharlieBrown

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 7, 2012
Austin, TX
I have over 600 ml. of commercial juice. Of that I'm only really fond of about 150 ml. I'm growing increasingly weary of trying juices but I do prefer having a pretty large variety. Other than a handful of juices I tire of them after vaping a ml or so. I vape about 3–4 ml. of juice a day.

I'm starting to feel the same way about the juices that i have. I'm just crossing my fingers that the idle juices will get better as they continue to steep.

Moueix

Moved On
Aug 20, 2012
Michigan and Iowa
I have four 30ml bottles, three 20ml bottles, two 18ml bottles, two 15ml bottles, two 12 ml bottles, twenty 10ml bottle, two 6ml bottles, and twenty-eight 3ml bottles....kind of allot for only one month in I guess :/

Not at all. You're obviously intent on finding your interests and sweet spot. It's an investment with handsome returns, considering it is keeping your mind off of the alternative. Been there, done that, gifted much.

CayCay

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2011
Austin TX
I tried stocking up on a ton of flavors I thought I liked in the beginning. Ended up being a waste of money. If it's in my daily rotation I will keep 30-60 mls on me depending how easy or hard it is to get. I buy samples one vendor at a time. Once the samples have steeped and been used or tossed in the give-a-way box then I'll try more samples or a different vendor.

R

*RJ*

In almost 13 weeks I've purchased over 1000 ml. I have given some of it to my Mom for sampling but just small amounts. She pays me for her juices that I order for her. I have no clue what's left but I vape about 5 ml a day or more depending on if I use the Vivi Nova or drip (dripping I use less juice). About 150 ml will end up being drain cleaner eventually, unless long steeping transforms them. Most of it consists of my absolute favorites that I've reordered. And the in between juices are just so-so but will be vaped. It's nice to just sit back and vape for a while. I like looking at my full vape box. LOL! That initial buying frenzy was exhausting, but at least I found some that I love.

:vapor:

peraspera

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 2, 2012
midwest
In my previous post I only counted the 600+ ml. of juices I ordered to test and forgot to count the 130 ml. of flavors I liked and reordered . I also have another 150 ml. on the way to test. No wonder I'm so over testing new juices!

I lucked out when I first started vaping. I started with Green Smoke and liked all three flavors I ordered; Absolute, Vanilla and Red. I week later I ordered my Twists from Vapor Beast and lucked into my main vape there, Bee's Knees, as well as my third favorite, Peachy Keen. It's been a disappointing, speedy trip straight downhill from there as far as the winner/loser ratio and I've pretty much ordered from the ECF top rated juice sellers.

Samyaza

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 10, 2012
London, ON
I just checked because this thread made me curious.

I have enough in DIY supplies to make 500ml of juice @ 12mg and I have around 420ml unused pre-mixed. I currently use about 4ml a day, so ... that's ... about 230 days worth of vaping supplies in juice.

Now I'm sad as I wanted to order more, but should probably finish up what I have lying around here :(

Vappa

ECF Veteran
Aug 30, 2012
Netherlands
Everyone talks about DIY and I'd like to get into it. What is the usual up front investment costs and how much do you actually save on per per say on X ml?

My upfront investment in juices is (in Euro) E393,30. Including my hardware costs in the calculation i vape at E0,0898/ml, so thats E2,69 for a bottle of 30ml, everything taken into account.
Upfront investment was high but i reach my break-even point somewhere in Februari 2013.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread