The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

How much ejuice do you use?

Discussion in 'General E-Liquid Discussion' started by Beamslider, Sep 30, 2017.

Tags:
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. jdy

jdy Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

HI Guys!! I use about 15mls a day and I've been DIY my juice with very light flavor for a couple years and have learned just trying it out is always the best teacher. But I have a question please since this is a bit more expensive I don't want to mess it up. I've ordered my very first order of Nic Salts, from NN. I've read so much on them I'm excited for great flavor.

I'm wondering .... anyone with experience here are any recommendations on mixing with the differences of base verses the salts on the nic levels. If I normally mix a batch so the end result is 100%VG 12mg. (sensitive to PG) AND I do want the end result with the Salts to be similar so do I want the very same levels with the Nic Salts or do I want more or less?

Is the whole hype with Salts is that this will taste so much better but still nic is the same, I'm still confused there. :unsure:
    Thanks!!!

• Like Like x 3
  2. Letitia

Letitia Nano Junkie ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Apr 2, 2017
    West Frankfort, IL
    Use the same percentage as you would for free base nic. Main difference is salts provide a smooth th.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. jdy

HI Letitia, Thanks that makes me feel better, here's to hoping :toast:

• Like Like x 3
  4. mountaingal

mountaingal Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

I vape about 5ml of 20mg a day.
    I just figured out on another post that I have saved over $9,000 in the six years I have been vaping.

• Like Like x 4
    • Winner Winner x 2
  5. stols001

stols001 Mistress of the Dark Nicotinic Arts Verified Member

Supporting member
    May 30, 2017
    Tucson, AZ
    I DIY nic salts the exact same way as freebase nicotine, (18 mg/ml) and notice no real changes other than smoother vape. Some folks say nic salts are more bioavailable more quickly so you may just want to keep an eye out for an sx of nic overload, but I really haven't found that to be the case or a problem for me. I just stop vaping when I feel satiated. I would be surprised if you had any major problems at all, but if you wish to be cautious you could certainly try a mg or two less, you can always add to it. But I would proceed as normal, honestly.

Anna

• Like Like x 3
  6. jdy

HI Anna, so no greater flavor the only change is that its smoother.
    Sad .... I've read that it was so much more robust, smoother is good but I'm hoping for better more robust flavor too. I guess I'm feeling comfortable now to blend it up using the same method and with a couple of test runs which will provide results on the learning curve and something new is always fun. Thanks Now it's just waiting for the mail!!! :tumble:

• Like Like x 3
  7. Letitia

Supporting member
    Apr 2, 2017
    West Frankfort, IL
    If you want more nic flavor all you have to do is let a small amount of your nic to oxidize. Or use a nut flavoring in small percentages to add a robust note to your mix.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
  8. jdy

I do use a nut flavoring now but to Oxidize do you mean the steep time? With regular base nic I usually steep a week or what is to oxidize the nic....... Thanks

• Like Like x 2
  9. Letitia

Supporting member
    Apr 2, 2017
    West Frankfort, IL
    Just oxidize some nic before mixing. Maybe pull 3 samples of nic at let them oxidize for various amounts of time and mix with them.

• Like Like x 2
    • Useful Useful x 1
  10. So619Cal

So619Cal Full Member

Aug 22, 2016
    Otay Mesa California
    I vape approx. 30mls a day (assuming) 2 squonks...6ml bottles, refill them a few times a day.

• Like Like x 3
  11. Vaperer

Vaperer Senior Member

Supporting member
    Dec 10, 2017
    Puerto Rico
    Oh Lordy you sure got that right. My youngest is 19 and in the Marine Corps the other three are in their twenties and thirties.. but they seem to aggravate you more the older they get for some reason.Lol

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  12. legitdna

legitdna Full Member

Jan 3, 2018
    New to vaping, 6 weeks with out a cigarette. Go through about 10ml a day 5mg Nic.

• Like Like x 4
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Love Love x 1
  13. Letitia

Supporting member
    Apr 2, 2017
    West Frankfort, IL
    Congratulations. 6 weeks is no small feat even with the help vaping provides.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  14. stols001

stols001 Mistress of the Dark Nicotinic Arts Verified Member

Supporting member
    May 30, 2017
    Tucson, AZ
    6 weeks is fantastic, congratulations @legitdna !! You are doing awesome :)

Anna

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
  15. chellie

chellie Super Member ECF Veteran

Oct 24, 2014
    USA
    About 10-15 ml per day - I have a few setups and refill before empty so that's my estimate at 1.5 to 3 of nic at 20 watts

• Like Like x 3
  16. Blazr

Blazr Full Member

Aug 31, 2017
    Tulsa, OK
    I was just wondering that about myself. I use a Nautilus 2 x3 daily with 0nic taking grandtwins to school, then pickup/drop off at aftercare, then take home. I figure about 4mls. Only use N2 in van.

Then using multiple tanks throughout the day with various stock coils. I figured probably 10mls or so.

Then I got an RDA, using single coil and due to ohms having to use higher wattage, easy way to burn thru lackluster e-liqs lolol. But it did make them taste better.

Now I'm thinking after trying dual coil and being mezmerized by all encompassing and enveloping clouds, I need one setup just for that with inexpensive juice I really like. I see it as those times where I'm super stress and just need some alone vape time....

So now after this, I see where it must become a balancing act between what I want and what I need. Plus learn to be a master mixer so $ arent an issue, because it would get super expensive otherwise.

I now understand how some can vape thru lots of mls daily depending on their setup.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  17. oxygen thief

oxygen thief Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jun 26, 2012
    Not a homosexual thing? Jeez

• Winner Winner x 1
  18. Blazr

Blazr Full Member

Aug 31, 2017
    Tulsa, OK
    Amazon also has them and is where I ordered from. Since nic is supposed to be refrigerated or kept in freezer, this might be a good option. If refrigerator has handles, go buy some cheap link chain, bolt cutters, and master lock. Nice to have a around anyways... Any key shop can make extra keys for locks. Think I'd look for airtight container to store bottle of nic inside.

Marinelock LLC

• Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  19. MyHomieVilly

MyHomieVilly New Member

Jan 15, 2018
    Usually i would say i go through at least 10 mL a day, nothing too much or too little.

• Like Like x 3
  20. cdmcfud

cdmcfud Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jun 17, 2009
    Keithville.La.
    I use about 2 ml. a day.

• Like Like x 4