Not open for further replies.

Rossum

Eleutheromaniac
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 14, 2013
SE PA
I've used up to 143 mg/day (averaged over 3 to 6 weeks) since I began keeping accurate records. I may have approached 250 mg/day when I was chain vaping at 36 ml/mg, but as I said, this was before I began keeping good records. Depending on what you believe is the nicotine content of analogs, I may have smoked and dipped about that much before I quit (4 PPD of unfiltered plus snus). Since I raised the nicotine content of my e-juice to around 65 mg/ml, my daily consumption has dropped as I broke myself of chain-vaping. Now (for the past year) it has varied between 75 and 95 mg/day. (Roughly 1.15 to 1.45 ml/day; again this is an average over several weeks.) So, I now fit pretty closely with your 90-100 mg/day maximum. (And I have enough nic base to last about double my expected remaining life-span at age 75. I could live to over 100 without running short.)
I realize there are a (very) few people who do use more; but they are several standard deviations removed from the mean. The mean is probably closer to 60 mg per day, so a liter of 100 mg base would last a user at the mean roughly 4-1/2 years. But if the person doing the stockpiling isn't sure, planning on 3 years per liter should be pretty safe.

Jebbn

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2018
safe distance from a black hole
I stopped smoking by vaping 24mg/ml juice in an eGo back around 2010. I"m not sure how much juice I vaped then, but it was about 3 or 4 eGo pen refills, probably 2ml each. Coming off a 2 PAD cigarette habit I chain vaped constantly.

for several years I've vaped 3mg juice exclusively and I'm vaping every 2 or 3 minutes.

Today I mixed three 100ml bottles of unflavored, two at 12mg and one at 6mg strength. I'm hoping that the 12mg juice will slow me down during the day. At night, I'll vape 6mg to prevent sleep disturbances. If the 12mg juice doesn't seriously curb my cravings I'll move to 18mg.

I'd like to reach a point where I'm not chain vaping. My wife hates it when I vape inside a restaurant! :) Maybe I can leave it in the car at 12mg or 18mg and not have a nic fit for an hour or so.

I just filled my Kayfun with 12mg unflavored that I mixed up yesterday. After several MTL hits I can feel a difference in nic sensation from the 3mg that I've vaped for 3 or 4 years. This is probably going to be my new level for a while. I'm tired of needing my mod in my hand most of the time. At 12mg I can feel the relaxation and the typical nic hit I used to get from going outside for a smoke break. It's actually a nice change from chain vaping 3mg.

I dropped from 24mg juice several years ago when I was worried about nicotine and health insurance costs under Obamacare. Supposedly, we were going to be tested through blood work and charged the smoker's rate if we were found to be positive for nic. AFAIK, no one has tested for that, at least in my experience. The only question I was asked when on the phone with the insurance agent was, "Have you smoked cigarettes in the last 6 months?". The honest answer was, "No".

ETA: I've been taking a hit every 20 minutes or so on the 12mg juice. I just walked over and did 3 deep lung hits for a test (if you can call Kayfun Lite hits deep lung hits). Dizzy City! This is going to work to get me off the mod death grip. The sense of satiation is pronounced.
Hey DaveP, how has this been going for you after 2 or so weeks?
Has 12mg become the new normal and you are back to using more or has using 12mg kept your chain vaping in check?
Cheers

Reactions: stols001

Jebbn

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2018
safe distance from a black hole
I'm on 5-10ml of 3mg. I tried upping my nic from 3mg to 6mg to reduce the amount of e-liquid I was using. It didn't work for me, I just vaped the same amount. I'm seemingly more addicted to the habitual fixation of inhaling and exhaling something.
Thats how it works for me as well!
Nicotine be damned, my body/mind doesnt seem to care if its 3mg or 9mg, its going to take as many drags on the vape as it wants and between 3mg and 9mg that amount of drags isnt going to vary, I will use 3-4mg a day regardless.
If I bump up to 18mg I will use much less juice but will constantly want to puff on the vape, but I cant because 18mg wrecks me, its just not enjoyable.
I tried 12mg for a while and initially dropped the amount I used but after a week or so I was back to using 3-4ml a day.
IIRC i think it works out to something like 25 puffs an hour for me, which would be about the amount of puffs to smoke 2 cigarettes.
Even on the days I vape nic free I still only use 3-4ml, or maybe just a tad more.

Eagle1

Verified Member
Apr 4, 2011
Dallas, TX
I started vaping VERY early -- shortly after its arrival. I started diy juice very shortly. My current level of use is ____ 5 ml of 0 nic in a month (max). <grin> I haven't used nic for years, and only rarely vape now, never take anything with me even when I'm out of town -- but I do enjoy doing it, so I do occasionally.

I started cutting down my nic when the juice started tasting a bit "sharp" - it was an instinct to cut that down and it worked. So, every time it started tasting "sharp" I cut it down and it only took about 6-7 months to get to 0. It took a lot longer than to taper off the habit, though. For me the "habit" was not the nic, it was the feeling in my mouth of the vapor, and that's the part I still enjoy.

flavourchaser

ECF Veteran
Jun 25, 2018
Currently with my single coil squonkers, I use up just over 15ml (3mg) per day. When I was running dual coils, I was at 25+ml per day.
Yeah this is one of the reasons I chose single coil over dual coils for most of the day as I'm trying to cut down on juice intake. I'm about 15-20ml per day

Zaryk

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2018
Ohio
Yeah this is one of the reasons I chose single coil over dual coils for most of the day as I'm trying to cut down on juice intake. I'm about 15-20ml per day
I am currently down to 10-11ml per day now. Its weird because im not trying to cut back, it is just kind of happening.

In the last two months i have gone through a bit of hardware. I went from my Nautilus that i have be vaping on for years, to a Kayfun v5 mini, normal Kayfun v5, then i got 2 Innokin Zenith's that at the beginning i loved. Then after two weeks i wanted to compare them side by side w/ my old faithful Nautilus and ended up liking the Nauty better, so im back to that as my ADV and i refill it 3 to 4 times a day. At 5ml per refill thats pretty easy math, 15-20ml per day at 3mg nic.

I wasted a bit of $$ because i had become bored with simple coils and wanted to try wicking and all that with the Kayfun's, seemed like a PITA with how satisfied i am with the old Nauty. So now im back to square one and completely happy.

*Sorry for the ramble, my nightly meds do that to me. ;)

Vape Magoo

ECF Veteran
Dec 3, 2017
In the last two months i have gone through a bit of hardware. I went from my Nautilus that i have be vaping on for years, to a Kayfun v5 mini, normal Kayfun v5, then i got 2 Innokin Zenith's that at the beginning i loved. Then after two weeks i wanted to compare them side by side w/ my old faithful Nautilus and ended up liking the Nauty better, so im back to that as my ADV and i refill it 3 to 4 times a day. At 5ml per refill thats pretty easy math, 15-20ml per day at 3mg nic.

I wasted a bit of $$ because i had become bored with simple coils and wanted to try wicking and all that with the Kayfun's, seemed like a PITA with how satisfied i am with the old Nauty. So now im back to square one and completely happy.

*Sorry for the ramble, my nightly meds do that to me. ;)

I have to agree, the Nautilus is good. Siren V2 is my favorite, but I can't remove the Nautilus from rotation. I've also been using the 1.6 ohm clone coils @ $3 per 5 and they are great.

Vape Magoo

ECF Veteran
Dec 3, 2017
Where are you getting those? That is a bargain.

This is one I have gotten them from (other sellers I can personally verify don't have them any more):
Aspire Nautilus/Nautilus Mini Tank 1.6 / 1.8 Ohm BVC Replacement Coils | eBay

They changed their price structure. 10 for $6.99 w/ buy one get one 15% off.
10 for $6.99 (2x 5 packs)
10 for $4.95 (2x 5 packs)
Total $11.94 for 20 coils.

or

3x - 10 for $6.99
3x - 10 for $4.95
Total $35.82 for 60 coils.

I buy coils only in groups of 2 to maximize discount.... as in 6x packs of coils.
I order the tanks separately in groups of 2 to maximize discount.
If you buy the tanks and coils together you will get the discount on the lesser valued item.

Here is another seller for $3 per 5, But I have never purchased from them.

5pcs Aspire Replacement Coil Head for Aspire BVC Nautilus Atlantis V2 Cleito 120 | eBay

There are a lot of sellers on eBay for these coils, I try to find high sales and high ratings, but for only $3 I will test with a one pack purchase if sales is low.

Last edited:
Reactions: ocscottie
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread