How much have you spent on devices to date ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

sinistral

Verified Member
Mar 8, 2013
Los Angeles, CA, USA
geez... in the 6 months ive been vaping, i started with a ego twsit kit for $70... which i know now was way too much. then a vamo and accessories $50, carto tanks, cartos, clearomizers, rba's, wicks, wire, tools, etc. probably around $200, provari mini $200, chi_you $250. jesus, reality check.

total = about $800. which means in 6 months i spent almost a whole paycheck lol.

daleron

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Apr 16, 2013
    Arkansas, USA
    It's been just over a month and I'm in over 6 bills deep!

Hopefully this kind of spending levels out once I see that my personal setups are done and I just have to worry about juices, cartos, wire/wicks..lol

That's what we all keep saying....:facepalm:

I've spent around $500 in the last 5 months with juice, tanks, mods, rebuildables, and I still can't get enough.

And we keep saying this too ... :p

evan le'garde

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 3, 2013
    I've easily spent $400+ on gear, but it's less than I'd have spent on analogs. started with V2 (doh!) .. but I can't stay mad at them since they got me off of burning. switched to V4L DAV (small and XL) which I'll probably keep using when I need to be portable. just waiting on a VAMO now for my "at home" mod. I also have a broad range of carts, clearos, tanks and my new favorites, the ProTanks. Also a modest selection of juices (some of which I hate and bought too much of). I pray that I can ease back on hardware purchases for a while, other than some replacement parts for the ProTank / carts. I'd like to really "feel" the savings that I know ecigs can offer.

Seeing new vaping gear makes it difficult to save though.:)

daleron

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Apr 16, 2013
    Arkansas, USA
    To date? It's in the thousands but were talking years not months. It took awhile to find a rebuildable that I was happy with and all.
    Settled on the GGTS and a ODY flavor and vapor is awesome. That was 7 months ago and haven't spent a dime since but I already had enough DIY juice and rebuild parts to last a few years. When you find the right combination your spending will drop and that's when the savings begin. Even though I have spent in the thousands I'm still ahead.[/QUOTE

Sounds like you've hit your happy spot! Congrats! :toast:

geez... in the 6 months ive been vaping, i started with a ego twsit kit for $70... which i know now was way too much. then a vamo and accessories $50, carto tanks, cartos, clearomizers, rba's, wicks, wire, tools, etc. probably around $200, provari mini $200, chi_you $250. jesus, reality check.

total = about $800. which means in 6 months i spent almost a whole paycheck lol.

One paycheck in 6 mts? That doesn't sound too bad ... course, I guess that depends on the size of your check! :laugh:

so far I spent $170 in 2 weeks:vapor:

Ah! & look at all that vapor:)

I have spent $280 in two weeks... not including the juice of course. Happy to not be chain smoking after the bars and waking up a hot mess. my debit card is leaking money on a daily becuase i can't stop looking at more gear and juice!

Yep! We've all got some of those "leaky" cards :)

evan le'garde

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 3, 2013
    It's been just over a month and I'm in over 6 bills deep!

Hopefully this kind of spending levels out once I see that my personal setups are done and I just have to worry about juices, cartos, wire/wicks..lol

I'm always worried that my device is going to pack up. So always looking for a spare this or that. Funny, no matter what i've got spare though, i'm always window shopping for new stuff.:blush:

evan le'garde

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 3, 2013
    You're kidding right?

I mean I've been vaping for less than a month so far and have blown all the money I would have normally used for smoking for four months my first two week!

Sure I don't have the best set up or the like, I'm a full time university student, but still!

Well who's fault is that !:confused:

SkuttleBug

May 8, 2013
    San Antonio
    I have been vaping for about 3 months now. I am into it for about $140. Bought a Joytech 510 starter kit and a couple of ejuices $70. THis weekend I upgraded to a eGo 1000 mah passthrough a couple clearomizers and a couple more bottles of juice $70. I still use analogs so still don't quite know what my monthly cost will be once I go analog free. Hopefully that will be soon :)

daleron

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Apr 16, 2013
    Arkansas, USA
    I have been vaping for about 3 months now. I am into it for about $140. Bought a Joytech 510 starter kit and a couple of ejuices $70. THis weekend I upgraded to a eGo 1000 mah passthrough a couple clearomizers and a couple more bottles of juice $70. I still use analogs so still don't quite know what my monthly cost will be once I go analog free. Hopefully that will be soon :)

That's not much, you'll be ahead in no time!!! :toast:

LongHaul

Howdy Y'All
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Aug 10, 2012
    Bradenton, Florida
    I think the real question is at today's prices how much would you have you spent in the last year for analogs. Where are you in terms of mods and what's the difference.

For me there is no price I can put on not smoking 2and a half packs a day. But I have always noticed that people spend for the smokes like its expected but when they switch to vaping and buying equipment all of a sudden they become cheapskates......makes me laugh every time.

Spend it and get what you want cause your were gonna spend it anyway.

LongHaul

Howdy Y'All
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Aug 10, 2012
    Bradenton, Florida
    I'm not placing blame, mind you, merely pointing out the increased startup cost for vapers.

We may well be saving money in the long run, but that first step or two can be a shock.

For most the startup is less than a carton of smokes so it shouldn't be too much of a shock. It's what we do after that that's a shocker

Sent from my iPad3 using Tapatalk HD

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread