How much nic do you vape versus how much you need?

Status
Not open for further replies.

AttyPops

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 8, 2010
Hc Svnt Dracones - USA EST
Your idea of throat hit and the vast majority of vapers is quite different. Regardless of the PV one is using, there is no throat hit with 0 nic eliquid. Warmer air, but no throat hit. I have vaped 0 nic on a mech and it's just warmer air with no hit what so ever. I would challenge anyone to vape 16 - 24 mg nic eliquid and then vape 0 eliquid and tell me the throat hit is the same or even exists at all in the same way 16 - 24mg nic liquid provides throat hit.

Only those who want no throat hit at all will find 0 nic eliquid satisfying IMO.

I can't speak to whether she feels TH or not...that's up to her. But I agree with you that for me, I need some of that TH and that a lot of it comes from nic. I try to keep TH down so as to not get too much lung irritation. But that's part of the RITUAL to me. And the pharma-NRTs don't give me that. The gum and lozenges can even be peppery but it's not the same. Too much stomach irritation and ...it just doesn't "feel" the same.

wv2win

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Feb 10, 2009
GA by way of WV
So sorry I can set my RM2 up to give me a solid throat thump even at zero nic. Just raise the coil high enough off the platform. You are right I don't like it super strong but I do need some so I figured out how to get it.

Then you are in a very, very, very small minority of vapers. And I still say your idea of the throat hit and the vast majority is significantly different. Glad it works for you, though.

Orobas

Equine Disrespect
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 3, 2012
Jarhead City
I started vaping 24mg, and I generally mix my juice to around 25mg.

I want to start weaning down, but not because everyone seems to think that should be the goal - I agree, i tend to roll eyes at those who boast about vaping 6mg but suck down double what I do. I want to wean down to stretch out my nicotine stock further.. even though I do have a five year supply at my current rate of vaping. If I drop down 2mg at a time slowly like, every few months, then maybe i'll be ready to quit once i've used up what I have.

Myrany

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 14, 2013
Louisiana
I started vaping 24mg, and I generally mix my juice to around 25mg.

I want to start weaning down, but not because everyone seems to think that should be the goal - I agree, i tend to roll eyes at those who boast about vaping 6mg but suck down double what I do. I want to wean down to stretch out my nicotine stock further.. even though I do have a five year supply at my current rate of vaping. If I drop down 2mg at a time slowly like, every few months, then maybe i'll be ready to quit once i've used up what I have.

THAT is exactly why I weaned down. I frankly do not care if I do vape all day for the rest of my life. I wanted off the nic before there is a problem getting it and I do believe that is the place the FDA can really easily hit us

FlamingoTutu

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 5, 2013
In the Mountains
So I guess throat hit is a personal thing but the 16/18mg is starting to feel like inhaling pepper spray. Plenty of vapor though.

When I feel I need the nicotine is when little things begin to really irritate me or I start thinking negative thoughts—sounds way more melodramatic than it is—and so use a bit of nic for a few minutes. I’m starting to prefer the 0mg to nicotine, which is a good thing if I have to give up the nicotine. Also think I was sometimes giving myself nicotine poisoning but not recognizing the symptoms. Man I vape a lot. :oops:

Iffy

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 3, 2011
Florida Suncoast
... and quite possibly taking in ten times more nic to satisfy yourself?

Ya can't be serious!

It might be more beneficial for you to learn how to utilize the ECF search function than try to bolster your post count. You seem to have a tendency/history to post questions with obviously ample available ECF info to 'resolve' your issues.

Am awaiting for some positive contribution from you for the ECF community...
Waiting.gif

For those that may think I'm being harsh (mods included) check da history!

Dmhayes77

Moved On
Oct 27, 2013
Colorado
I started at 12mg and i used to smoke a half, sometimes a whole, pack of newports a day. If i was talkin on the phone i chain smoked or when i drank alcohol i smoked even more. 12mg is perfect for me and i even have a bottle of 8mg & i cant really tell the diff. Its all about personal preference. For me smoking was more about the motions rather than the nic. I just like to smoke, Vaping has given me a healthier way to do so. I vape all day no matter where im at. Its all about what makes u comfortable. I think thats why we all started vaping in the first place, its a healthier alternative to those little comfort sticks.

Sent from my Z992 using Tapatalk

Silent Scream

ECF Veteran
Oct 12, 2013
Aylesbury
Ya can't be serious!

It might be more beneficial for you to learn how to utilize the ECF search function than try to bolster your post count. You seem to have a tendency/history to post questions with obviously ample available ECF info to 'resolve' your issues.

Waiting.gif

Yeah I'm sure everyone except me uses the search function instead of posting when they have a question or want to share something vaping related. The forum is full of threads with people talking about subjects for which there are 'ample available ECF info to resolve their issues'. It's not a crime to post something that's been discussed before.

As for positive contributions I answer questions people ask when I have the answers though as I'm only five weeks into vaping my knowledge isn't exactly all-encompassing.

Seriously, get over yourself. And by the way I couldn't give a toss about post counts, why should I? Though such an accusation is a bit rich coming from you with over 6.5k posts to your name. How's the view from that glass house you're standing in?

Talyon

Vape 4 Life
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 21, 2013
Toronto
Ya can't be serious!

Waiting.gif

Your not alone in noticing this, not saying anything wrong with it..... Just saying.

Now for me personally, if I'm busy and can't Vape I don't think about it like I did with smokes, I'm at 18 nic with no intention of lowering, I'm happy here and well Vape as long as I want to, if I quit it well be by accident, I'm also,pretty sure I could cut back the nic, but again don't want to, I enjoy this ritual of all day Vapeing whenever I can. Don't forget that the absorbsion rate of Vapeing is way way way less then smoking. Alls good in my world of Vapeing.

OP I hope u find your Nirvana.

jhelliwell

Fog master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 23, 2013
Sheffielld, UK
Erm, I don't want to get involvedi n that argument. Everyone is different in their nic requirements and there is nothing wrong with finding your level and sticking with it, unless the 24mg is slightly too much. I see the point the OP is trying to make, because 24mg is way too much for me, and the next step down to 18mg is way too low, and I had exactly the same issue, so here's what I did.

I washed out a used 30ml bottle, and bought 2 bottles of my favourite juice, one in 18mg and one in 24mg, and simply mixed the two 50/50 gave her a good shake and happily vaped away at my 21mg juice. And that was it, problem solved, and that is the level I'm sticking with, with no plans to taper it off, unless it happens naturally.

Now I DIY my own juices anyway so I don't have to bother mixing premade juices, but if you're not into DIY, mixing premades could be your answer

Liquid9

Mystic Vaper
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 22, 2012
Panama City, FL
Everyone is different, some step down easier than others. When i changed from 18 to 12 I didn't notice much of a difference. When i went from 12 to 6 I did notice a different, it wasn't as satisfying, but that passed in about a weeks time and it felt normal again, so I guess my body adjusted and got use to it.

Silent Scream

ECF Veteran
Oct 12, 2013
Aylesbury
Erm, I don't want to get involvedi n that argument. Everyone is different in their nic requirements and there is nothing wrong with finding your level and sticking with it, unless the 24mg is slightly too much. I see the point the OP is trying to make, because 24mg is way too much for me, and the next step down to 18mg is way too low, and I had exactly the same issue, so here's what I did.

I washed out a used 30ml bottle, and bought 2 bottles of my favourite juice, one in 18mg and one in 24mg, and simply mixed the two 50/50 gave her a good shake and happily vaped away at my 21mg juice. And that was it, problem solved, and that is the level I'm sticking with, with no plans to taper it off, unless it happens naturally.

Now I DIY my own juices anyway so I don't have to bother mixing premade juices, but if you're not into DIY, mixing premades could be your answer

I haven't got into DIY though I probably will soon. I've been mixing bottles around but haven't mixed the 24s and 18s to see how that works out. Seems obvious now you mention it, I'll give it a shot, thanks.

EvilZoe

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 26, 2013
Savoir-Faire is everywhere!
Ya can't be serious!

Waiting.gif

To be fair, the search function here isn't that good.

It's easier to plug one's question into Google and follow the links from there - which usually take one to this site...LOL

Sane Asylum

ECF Veteran
Sep 20, 2013
Maryland, USA
Ya can't be serious!

Waiting.gif

Silent Scream may initiate a lot of topics but those topics usually generate a lot of responses. So, that is a positive contribution.

No one is obliged to respond to a thread and there are many that are repetitious. I don't think it is fair to declare that a poster is bolstering their post count because of it. The search function here isn't the best plus sometimes a poster is interested in responses from people they have gotten to know on the forum or are interested in the most up to date information. Again, no one is obliged to respond.

WillyZee

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 23, 2013
Toronto
To be fair, the search function here isn't that good.

It's easier to plug one's question into Google and follow the links from there - which usually take one to this site...LOL

I also agree with using Google ... never been able to find anything relevant using the search function here on ECF.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread