How safe is USB 2.0 passthrough VV on a PC?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mg7454

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 4, 2011
ROFL
That sounds like a great way to use the PT at the computer without threatening the computer itself.

And given that most people have one on their desk or nearby makes it even more palatable.
It is really convenient! I can use my PT and still have 3 USB ports to charge a few of my small e-cig batteries
like my Halo G-6s (I reallly like those, they are 808D-1, and work great! I have 2 red, 2 purple, and 2 midnight blue, they come in lots more colors) or my other PTs for use away from a power-source.
:laugh:
I really love my Belk 4-port USB hub!

daisyd

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 24, 2010
Az
Dragging this back up only because it seems there are many people who know what they are talking about. :D

I have a 4 port 2.0 USB hub that does not say self powered, but it has a place to plug in a power cord (at least that's what it looks like). It also has a mini USB port and a cord to plug it into the computer via the mini USB. I used that cord and plugged it into a USB wall-wort that I have from an old cell phone (Output is 5v 1A). Then I plugged an 808 charger into it and the little red light came on. I take this to mean I should be able to charge e-cigs, and my phone on it. Is this a correct assumption? I will plug it into the wall, and not the PC. I might* have a 2A wallwort somewhere, I'll have to look. I'm not worried about the hub. I'm worried about the electronics I want to plug into it. TIA

fixmbr

Apr 18, 2012
New Zealand
Hiyas - I'm also dragging this thread up again because I just got the following message on my late 2006 Macbook Pro which I suppose just saved my motherboard from being fried after I plugged in my 510 Variable Voltage USB Passthrough...

Screen Shot 2012-07-27 at 11.17.37 PM.jpg

So I have plugged into an iPhone wall socket adaptor and it seems to work fine - hoping I won't get electric lips, but I'm guessing I would have found that out fairly quickly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread