Status
Not open for further replies.

Kit

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 24, 2008
UK
dont think they have the legs that the old shiny ones had Kit...

they start out well,but the vapour diminishes far more quickly-in my experience anyway...mine are pretty wimpy right now...including a week old one.

they are far inferior to the oldies,IMO...either that or the JC has buggered them up.

Yeah i think the JC,s got alot to do with atomizer crud but your right my matt white atto's dont last as long ethier!
I asked smokester for the old style that he doesnt sell anymore he still had some left so i bought the lot lol !

Mr.Darcy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 16, 2008
UK
Yeah i think the JC,s got alot to do with atomizer crud but your right my matt white atto's dont last as long ethier!
I asked smokester for the old style that he doesnt sell anymore he still had some left so i bought the lot lol !
good for you...if id known he had any,id have snapped them up too.
i hope he goes back to the old style...if theyre still available that is...

TheEmperorOfIceCream

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 1, 2008
London, UK
Ah see, I knew you weren't really a capitalist oppressor, cornering the market and leaving us desperadoes out in the cold.

As it happens I'm good right now. Four new pen atomisers landed today along with my throwaway cigars. Woohoo - I love this thing. I'm down the pub tomorrow night and if I don't get punched it won't be my fault, that's for sure.

I've just realised I never figured out what atomiser we're talking about with the shiny/matt business. 901 minis, right? I've only ever had the black 901bs and three out of four are dead, so I'll be looking to restock soon. What's the word on the best ones to go for?

Emp

TheEmperorOfIceCream

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 1, 2008
London, UK
Ah Right... Never had a white mini so it's off my radar. The cigar is awesome, Kit. If this is how cigars are I see why you've been bigging up the Bling. I'm gonna smoke this one to death and if it gives five good days I'm going wideband on 'em. The taste is a bit weird, nothing like anything I've had before, but the vapour is fantastic and I love the way it just vanishes completely if you inhale it. I'm on a plane on Saturday and this sucker's riding in the cabin with me. It has a great mouth tingle and I expect I'll get used to the taste much the same way I did with the other carts and e-liquid.

I can see this being the answer to the holiday problem of carrying the whole damn lab with me wherever I go. I'm away for a week and all I need to bring is the two cigars, a couple of penstyles and half the octopus. The pen stuff is backup cos I'm gonna try to just use the cigar.

Trog, a question for you if you see this. How long could I expect the charge in one of these throwaways to last if it's sealed and unused? I'm thinking of stocking up on them as devices for short breaks. Ideally, I'd like to have a five-pack on a shelf so I could throw a couple in a bag on my way out the door, rather than dismantling my e-cig lab and having to set it up in some hotel room.

And finally, Kit, what's the atomiser and battery performance/life on your Bling like? I remember Trog saying they get a bit wimpy but this was before I was serious about the cigar so I don't remember clearly.

Emp

Kit

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 24, 2008
UK
Ah Right... Never had a white mini so it's off my radar. The cigar is awesome, Kit. If this is how cigars are I see why you've been bigging up the Bling. I'm gonna smoke this one to death and if it gives five good days I'm going wideband on 'em. The taste is a bit weird, nothing like anything I've had before, but the vapour is fantastic and I love the way it just vanishes completely if you inhale it. I'm on a plane on Saturday and this sucker's riding in the cabin with me. It has a great mouth tingle and I expect I'll get used to the taste much the same way I did with the other carts and e-liquid.

I can see this being the answer to the holiday problem of carrying the whole damn lab with me wherever I go. I'm away for a week and all I need to bring is the two cigars, a couple of penstyles and half the octopus. The pen stuff is backup cos I'm gonna try to just use the cigar.

Trog, a question for you if you see this. How long could I expect the charge in one of these throwaways to last if it's sealed and unused? I'm thinking of stocking up on them as devices for short breaks. Ideally, I'd like to have a five-pack on a shelf so I could throw a couple in a bag on my way out the door, rather than dismantling my e-cig lab and having to set it up in some hotel room.

And finally, Kit, what's the atomiser and battery performance/life on your Bling like? I remember Trog saying they get a bit wimpy but this was before I was serious about the cigar so I don't remember clearly.

Emp

Emp im over a month in dude on my bling and the performance has not dropped at all which is amazing never had that before with my 901's.
Trogs went wimpy if i remember rightly was because he was using thrid party liquid on his bling which seems to screw them.
With these results the general jist is only use ruyan carts made for the ruyan !
Im using 2 batts a day using my regular ruyan batts and ultrafires!

Last edited:

Jag1313

ECF Veteran
Aug 17, 2008
US-FL
My impression regarding the Atomizer life span, generic e-cigarettes atomizers (901's) 4 - 6 weeks before they are starting to fall apart. I used 2 atomizers with original ruyan juice, and did not need to clean them alot, just blowing them out and drying a little. Two others, which I used with JC Juice, needed a cleaning 2 times a week. I tried the vinegar/water solution and also a solution with hot water and a tiniest amount of dish detergent. The later worked well especially to get that "caramel" stuff from the JC juice out of the atomizer. Somehow it looks like the more "sweet" flavored, the more cleaning you will need for the atomizers.

Kit

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 24, 2008
UK
My impression regarding the Atomizer life span, generic e-cigarettes atomizers (901's) 4 - 6 weeks before they are starting to fall apart. I used 2 atomizers with original ruyan juice, and did not need to clean them alot, just blowing them out and drying a little. Two others, which I used with JC Juice, needed a cleaning 2 times a week. I tried the vinegar/water solution and also a solution with hot water and a tiniest amount of dish detergent. The later worked well especially to get that "caramel" stuff from the JC juice out of the atomizer. Somehow it looks like the more "sweet" flavored, the more cleaning you will need for the atomizers.

You were using ruyan on a 901 what about your cigar or was it an e-cig?

CaSHMeRe

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 12, 2008
USA
I boiled my atomizers last night 8-o8-o

will let you guys know the outcome today. I did about 7-8 all at 1 time (a couple of my 901's, a couple of my pens, and my super mini) and after about 10 minutes of sitting in the boiling water, there was a nice brownish tone to the water! I'm hoping for success! Vinegar and water works, this is just easier and quicker, and you can see results from the get go :)

Thanks shawn for the suggestion ...

Jag1313

ECF Veteran
Aug 17, 2008
US-FL
You were using ruyan on a 901 what about your cigar or was it an e-cig?
It was an e-cigarette. I had 50 cartridges for a Ruyan Penstyle (which really sucked because of whimpy smoke :(). So used the ruyan juice (pressed from the carts with a syringe into a bottle) on a DSE 901. Juice was 16mg and worked good, simple taste but strong.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread