How to clean atomizers / atty's for diy, need help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

blackheavendust

Verified Member
Dec 23, 2010
HOU,Texas
I've got a 306 lr and a few 510 atty's. I am trying to discover the best way to clear them to sample diy mixes.

Mostly I've been using my 306 lr atty to sample flavors. This is what I've tried so far:

Warm h2o from the faucet to flush.
Isopropyl Alcohol (a few drop and/or a bath).
Blowing out into a cloth using my breath as pressure (from the threaded end and mouthpiece end).
Dripping a mix of just pg/vg on top of flavor until empty

What I haven't tried:
Grain Alcohol (dripped or a quick bath) .
Commercial atty refresher.
High pressure air compressor.

All untried options are on the table. I just seem to have a bland constant vg/pg - ish undertone on my atty's after the first go. In fact, I've resorted a time or two to just throwing the juice in a carto that I had an idea was done enough and in fact they were.

I am about to purchase again into this phase of my DIY and feel like I've searched into the ends of the Internets on what to do. All comments welcome.

blackheavendust

Verified Member
Dec 23, 2010
HOU,Texas
I typed wrong..I have used unflavored nic mixed with vg/pg. I am still getting this constant dull flavor at about 50% to where I can't judge the fresh diy. I don't mind a bit of mixing of flavor but I've gone back to a finished juice in any one of my 4 diy atty's and the taste is just different. I just want to know an idea that my flavor mix is right, it doesn't have to be clean and pristine like in new gear. And not trying to be difficult, but out of 4 atty's I think I've given this a fair chance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread