How to Fix Stuff

newyork13

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 9, 2013
western Massachusetts
Mouse #8 CAPTURED. The other trap caught a mouse too but he escaped. The Frank Morris of mice. He chewed a hole in the back bait wall and lifted it high enough to escape. Two more traps ordered! Will be here tomorrow and will have three traps going (barring anymore destruction).

View attachment 897403 View attachment 897405
I've had mice, unwanted mice I should add, in my old country house, which I was happy to sell.
My first reaction to this post is: if the creature is so smart and determined and successful to get out of that trap, then it deserves a long happy life (at your place, LOL). Feed it peanut butter, they like it.
Second, if I'm going to use a trap, I'll use one which kills.
I don't take life away with glee, but some creatures do not belong in my place.

Bronze

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2012
I've had mice, unwanted mice I should add, in my old country house, which I was happy to sell.
My first reaction to this post is: if the creature is so smart and determined and successful to get out of that trap, then it deserves a long happy life (at your place, LOL). Feed it peanut butter, they like it.
Second, if I'm going to use a trap, I'll use one which kills.
I don't take life away with glee, but some creatures do not belong in my place.
I don't care about the life of the mouse. I happened to have two live traps and they work better than any trap of any kind I've ever had so that's why I go with them. Plus live capture is cleaner. No mouse guts or the like splattered all over the place. With the vibrant wildlife I have behind me in the woods half of them are probably eaten by now...which is why they're in my crawlspace to begin with.

Bronze

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2012

I think this one was Frank. Frank is a chewer and he ate up the floor mechanism where the trap door hasp rests. Didn't do him any good because the trap was sprung so that hasp didn't do anything at that point. But he did manage to wreck the trap. No problem, I have my old traps so I can make one good one from two bad ones. Touche'!

hittman

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Somewhere between here and there
    It wasn't a mouse but I was startled by a millipede this morning in my garage. For me, seeing one of those is about as common as getting struck by lightning. He was a big one too. I tried to catch it to put it out in the grass but he was too fast and ran under my toolbox.

hittman

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Somewhere between here and there
    One night after I had gone to bed, my wife heard something in the garage and found a baby possum in this athletic ball/bat holder thing we have in the garage. She freaked and was afraid to pick it up so went and got my daughter and she took it outside. We live in a subdivision so it's a little odd to see that kind of wildlife at our house. We did have a full size possum one time on our deck that hissed at me when I went out to see what was making noise.

AstroTurf

Happy to be... Not Smoking!!!
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Sep 27, 2014
    Happy to be... Not Smoking!!!
    No meeces this morning. First time in a week and a half notwithstanding the two escapees. Yay!

Count stands at 11. I'll keep the traps out another day or two to be sure they're cleaned out.
    the 2 scapeez are makin more!!!

Bronze

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Aug 19, 2012
    That might be better for him than having to explain to his wife and children why he never brings home any of that yummy p_butter that's been on his breath all week.
    It's amazing how effective pbutter is as mouse bait. They love that stuff.

Users who are viewing this thread