How to get the batter cover off.

Status
Not open for further replies.

breakfastchef

Moved On
Feb 12, 2009
Two ways I do it. Lick your pointing finger and middle finger and wipe them on your slacks so they are just 'tacky'. Apply light pressure on the jewel cap as you try to twist it off. Sometimes you may need to get your fingernails under the edge of the jewel cap and pry up lightly to get it unjammed enough the unscrew it.

Lately, for difficult jewel caps, I make a loop out a piece of scotch tape (sticky side out) around two fingers and that generally will grab the jewel cap.

One forum member used a Dremel tool to cut a small slot in the top of the Jewel cap so he could remove it easily with a coin. Bottom line, don't crank that sucker down.

blackbug

ECF Veteran
Jun 23, 2009
Berkshire, UK
www.eciggypedia.com
Two ways I do it. Lick your pointing finger and middle finger and wipe them on your slacks so they are just 'tacky'. Apply light pressure on the jewel cap as you try to twist it off. Sometimes you may need to get your fingernails under the edge of the jewel cap and pry up lightly to get it unjammed enough the unscrew it.

Tried all those things.

Lately, for difficult jewel caps, I make a loop out a piece of scotch tape (sticky side out) around two fingers and that generally will grab the jewel cap.

I'll give that a go.

One forum member used a Dremel tool to cut a small slot in the top of the Jewel cap so he could remove it easily with a coin. Bottom line, don't crank that sucker down.

Unfortuneately my "gem" top has become detached from the metal. So can't use that to turn the metal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread